amuck-landowner

List of reliable sub 20$ per year providers

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I have used a lot of VPS providers, not just bought and sat them still, but actually used them for a purpose.

On that basis the only ones I would recommend based on performance, reliability and support are :

Minivps

Buyvm

Prometeus

Lovevps

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
And why is that? If you are going to ask with no reason you should expect to be ignored.
My take is that IPXCore has been very up and down, I think they acknowledge that themselves.  That said, it's not a pissing contest, if you don't like that someone else lists a provider you have had issues with then it's not the place to start throwing shit at them.  

sleddog

I don't know how you define "reliable", but I suggest you strike BlueVM from the list after the recent & ongoing NY KVM fiasco.

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
My take is that IPXCore has been very up and down, I think they acknowledge that themselves.  That said, it's not a pissing contest, if you don't like that someone else lists a provider you have had issues with then it's not the place to start throwing shit at them.  
Not sure what you mean by "up and down" but I agree with you about having a personal issue and making drama.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
This is not LET - please calm down.

I will not remove any provider from the list out of some single events. And not because someone is not loving one or someone does not like CC. We are talking about sub 20$/year plans. One Starbucks coffee every three months.

This is about testing locations and providers. To have a cheap playground.

I don't expect an uptime above 99%. Please feel free to see what that means.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Just curious, what do you mean by "reliable"?
It's certainly very subjective.  Some will be more tolerant/accepting of spells of downtime, varying ticket response time and so on.  So I suppose the bottom line is that if you are a happy overall with a provider then it's reliable for you.  And that is really what it comes down to, if you are happy then it's all good.

concerto49

Verified Provider
Hi, please add us (Cloud Shards) to the list. 128MB VPS for $13.50/year in Los Angeles, Buffalo and Dallas. Thanks!

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
It depens on the price. If I am spending $15 per month I require more reliability than for $15 per year.
I disagree.  My expectations are based on what I am promised, not the price I pay.

If I am told I will receive 99.9% uptime for $15 a year why should I anticipate or expect less because of what I am paying?  If you tell me because I am "only" paying $15 a year I will only get 85% uptime then that is what I should expect.

concerto49

Verified Provider
I disagree.  My expectations are based on what I am promised, not the price I pay.

If I am told I will receive 99.9% uptime for $15 a year why should I anticipate or expect less because of what I am paying?  If you tell me because I am "only" paying $15 a year I will only get 85% uptime then that is what I should expect.
There is real uptime and uptime SLA. I was looking for a dedicated server to rent earlier, and 1 company said, we provide 100% uptime SLA (with a single PSU and single feed). I asked them how this was possible. They said, well, we'll replace the PSU if it dies and credit you back, but it's rare.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Hi, please add us (Cloud Shards) to the list. 128MB VPS for $13.50/year in Los Angeles, Buffalo and Dallas. Thanks!
Added you to the list because someone else recommended you via PM.

It depens on the price. If I am spending $15 per month I require more reliability than for $15 per year.
Not that easy. It is all about what the provider writes into the offer.

Not that easy too. If someone is selling you are car for 100 bucks you might guess that it is not in a good condition.

And that it is not a 2013 Camaro Coupe.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Added you to the list because someone else recommended you via PM.

Not that easy. It is all about what the provider writes into the offer.

Not that easy too. If someone is selling you are car for 100 bucks you might guess that it is not in a good condition.

And that it is not a 2013 Camaro Coupe.
C'mon with silly comparisons that are meaningless, I am comparing like for like on what is promised.

If 1 provider offers me 99.99% uptime for $15 per year and another offers the same but at $7 per month you many deduce that the the monthly option is more likely to be the better option but that does not mean I should not be entitled to expect I get what I am promised.

I am pretty sure I get 99.9/100% uptime from Buyvm and Minivps, I certainly did not get it from others I pay much more than $10 a month too.

amuck-landowner