amuck-landowner

List of reliable sub 20$ per year providers

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Mind add some words about it?

Do you have a database for that?
Going to keep it simple...  I spew enough words everywhere else.  

Database, no, not yet.   Might go build myself something over the weekend.   Have the hankering to build stuff but this winter has been rather brutal, so none of the traditional building --- might be good to get my brain code building instead.

Overlap between this and the true small VPS offers thread I have lingering here :)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yup we should merge the threads but should keep the referrers.
Some hazards though as your offers include some "big" plans.

Overdue on cobbling tools for the data.  Too often running around looking for suitable offers and not really any great way to search/locate.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Overdue on cobbling tools for the data.  Too often running around looking for suitable offers and not really any great way to search/locate.
You can forward me your ideas and I put them into something running and blinking.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
A couple changes due: the linked Crissic plan is (permanently?) out of stock, but I love this plan: 512MB, 2TB, 50GB, 2IP for $15/year - currently in stock. Also, LowEndSpirit now has Dallas as a location, so that should be added.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Do you have a test IP for your Seattle location?
Their FAQs only tell something about Las Vegas:

Code:
Our servers are located in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. 
If you wish to test ping times or evaluate the trace route, you may test the IP 204.77.14.190.

HostXNow

Looks like this could do with being updated!

Can take these ones off the list:
  • liquid-solutions.biz
  • virtora.com
  • dedicatedminds.com
  • crissic.net
  • anynode.net

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Interesting test, this thread started in 2013. Who is still on the go from the list on the 1st page.

Gone:

Still there:

I guess that's not bad really, although there are quite a few bigger providers in the list that I had no doubt would still be there. Jack from DotVPS is back with another host. Crissic sold out to Quadranet who only wanted the IP's so that shutdown was a given.

maounique

Prometeus removed the Dallas location from the list, however, customers with VMs there still have them and there are no plans now to remove the location completely.
We currently have no plans under 20 a year for new customers, BUT, all old customers in good standing, which means 6 months+ no problems with abuse and stuff can order any of our old plans, including the 50 cents plans (6 Eur a year).
The reason we removed the low priced plans is due to abuse, people bought them for IPs, not for normal usage, but that argument is moot for old customers in good standing.

Reactions: Lee
amuck-landowner