amuck-landowner

List of VPS/Dedi providers using Colo Crossing

ocitysolutions

Verified Provider
If you sift through the offers you see just how much repetition there is with many providers. You then get some good brands that have been waiting 3 months and can't get a listing.
LEB isn't universally unfair. We have a single VPS node in our rack in Buffalo as well as several nodes in Steadfast Chicago. Its been almost 200 days since our last post and they unfortunately just leave our submissions sitting. We have unposted offers from 77 days ago as well as 47 days ago with no response at all.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
LEB isn't universally unfair. We have a single VPS node in our rack in Buffalo as well as several nodes in Steadfast Chicago. Its been almost 200 days since our last post and they unfortunately just leave our submissions sitting. We have unposted offers from 77 days ago as well as 47 days ago with no response at all.
I get that. It's just always interesting to see which brands get listed with ease every single time yet other brands that don't.

You have a brand on the homepage right now that had a literal month+ of pure downtime due to a botched DC move, a constant history of never answering tickets or closing tickets, etc. The big thing? They are a CC customer as of the past few months and it buys them a get-out-of-slums card.

Francisco

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Get more nodes.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Get more nodes.
That's an interesting metric to go off. Estimate company side of each posting and their payout to CC. I'd be interesting to see if the small deployments get the same amount of LE posts.

Alas, this thread, while useful, won't be used too much. Most of the people on VPSB have a clue what to look out for and are generally technically skilled enough to know their way around things. Much of LEB's traffic is off newbies or just trying to rake in what they can from the chinese markets.

Want DSD to be big? Get some big fish to hook onto it in China and you should start seeing some foot traffic.

Francisco

darknessends

@Francisco -> This post is not the end of things, it is the beginning.

LEB/LET has been hardwork of hosting enthusiasts over years - Some company buys it and manipulating the entire community for their profits is unjust and unfair for everyone that has truly built it.

You are right a lot of chinese guys buy from it - but who cares ? Hosting business is not just sale, those chinese guy turn to down quickly to another cheaper VPS and are source of hacks, spams and a lot of problems, Companies stay stable with the genuine buyer with his natural usage who like to stay with their hosts. Let them be informed of it. There are a lot of people who are uninformed, Even newbies read reviews and search before buying these days

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
hell, I have an ad sitting there for over 94 days with no reply. Lliam finally responded and posted us last time only after I bitched about it... and if they said I had to pay.... I'd laugh at them... lol

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
hell, I have an ad sitting there for over 94 days with no reply. Lliam finally responded and posted us last time only after I bitched about it... and if they said I had to pay.... I'd laugh at them... lol
So does it not upset you when companies like SSDVPS, Aim2Game, ServerMania, etc get preferential treatment and posted several times in that same time frame you wait because the owner of Colocrossing/LEB has vested interest in those brands. Meanwhile, requests like yours and others gets put on the sideline.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I get that. It's just always interesting to see which brands get listed with ease every single time yet other brands that don't.

You have a brand on the homepage right now that had a literal month+ of pure downtime due to a botched DC move, a constant history of never answering tickets or closing tickets, etc. The big thing? They are a CC customer as of the past few months and it buys them a get-out-of-slums card.

Francisco
They (123systems) have been selected for what I call the 'SlickDeals" club: a small handful of CC providers who get shilled on SlickDeals.  Others in the club include ChicagoVPS (and BuffaloVPS when they were around), UGVPS, DigTheMine, Hudson Valley Host, VPS Ace, ServerMania, and this one who got thumbs upped by Fabozzi on SlickDeals:

cfabozzi (Offline)Title: L1: Learner Reputation: 10 Posts: 1

Last Activity: Unknown 11-14-2013 11:50 PM

Activity Stream (Public)

cfabozzi thumbed up in SlickFerret thread: BlueVM – $18/Year 512MB and $29.95/year 1GB KVM in Los Angeles or Buffalo about a month ago

cfabozzi replied to Chai's thread: ChicagoVPS Cheap Dedicated Server 3 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
They (123systems) have been selected for what I call the 'SlickDeals" club: a small handful of CC providers who get shilled on SlickDeals.  Others in the club include ChicagoVPS (and BuffaloVPS when they were around), UGVPS, DigTheMine, Hudson Valley Host, VPS Ace, ServerMania, and this one who got thumbs upped by Fabozzi on SlickDeals:
We must be operating on the same wavelengths today, because I've been on SlickDeals spreading the good word:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=64962588&postcount=11 (there and below).

It's certainly a cesspit of offers from CC hosts, namely the sketch ones.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
@Francisco -> This post is not the end of things, it is the beginning.

LEB/LET has been hardwork of hosting enthusiasts over years - Some company buys it and manipulating the entire community for their profits is unjust and unfair for everyone that has truly built it.
The majority of hosts who use CC are also hardworking good honest people who shouldn't be singled out and put on a list just because they chose a cheap datacenter which happened to be CC..

On the other hand, there are some CC hosts with special ties to CC who don't give a crap about customers and will do anything to make a buck even if it means screwing over customers. Here's an example of the type of host I'm talking about (from a chat transcript of the host talking to one of his customers):

Thomas Dale

Korey I pay Indians to do support

So I don't have to

i thought u outsources to people suport or some shit

12/17, 9:35pm
 ​
 ​

Thomas Dale

I do

Indians

400 a month

24/7 support

Thomas Dale

I am

Not support

I don't know shit about mc

I just make money
Thomas Dale

I just don't do support

I also work

I'm not your personal support rep

What do you want done and I'll do it fast

I just pay bills and collect

This shit runs itself

Thomas Dale

It makes like 2 grand a month profit

Right now

The quotes are from a chat transcript posted by a pissed off  digthe mine customer that covers the period from pre-sales to refund demand.

transcript: http://skunkcraft.fort9.com/index.php/component/content/article/79-news-feed/82-digtheminereview

same customer calls digthemine a scam: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1898990-digtheminecom-2gb-free-mc-nylachidal-paypal-direct-cc-free-cpanel-hosting-e3-cpu-free-dedicated-ip-instant-setup-pure-ssd/page__st__300#entry27274483

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Wow! Welcome contributors.

@ocitysolutions - the reddit thread... what is the brand there that CC owns? Wasn't clear from the thread.

@DomainBop --- hehe, gold, classic gold. Indian abuse. Those Indians are a hoot. Adam Ng and his prior companies were fond of using one such company. I'll bet a cool $5 that many of the shit CC companies like UGVPS/Digthemine are using the very same company. I'll post them later.

As for the list of companies using CC, someone maintain the list, master list on the top of the thread post #1 please...

More:

DediServe Ltd. / DediServe IT UK Ltd.

Foroquimica SL (operates multiple brands)

Net3 Inc. (Servermania/Chris N brand)

New Wave NetConnect, LLC (ChicagoVPS "parent" brand)

SupremeBytes, LLC

VPS6.NET, LP

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Wow! Welcome contributors.

@ocitysolutions - the reddit thread... what is the brand there that CC owns? Wasn't clear from the thread.

@DomainBop --- hehe, gold, classic gold. Indian abuse. Those Indians are a hoot. Adam Ng and his prior companies were fond of using one such company. I'll bet a cool $5 that many of the shit CC companies like UGVPS/Digthemine are using the very same company. I'll post them later.

As for the list of companies using CC, someone maintain the list, master list on the top of the thread post #1 please...

More:

DediServe Ltd. / DediServe IT UK Ltd.

Foroquimica SL (operates multiple brands)

Net3 Inc. (Servermania/Chris N brand)

New Wave NetConnect, LLC (ChicagoVPS "parent" brand)

SupremeBytes, LLC

VPS6.NET, LP
Haha and there's definitely a story behind VPS6..

Still I cannot see the need to drag other businesses into CC's wrongdoings that's a really bad move.

amuck-landowner