amuck-landowner

Lottery is up to $550,000,000... what would you do if you won?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just got a couple tickets for tomorrow's drawing. The odds of winning are astronomically small, but it's fun to imagine how a ton of cash can change your life. Imagine you won, what would you do?

If I win? I'm giving the site away to one of you all and I'm disappearing. Thinking maybe I'll get one of the larger islands for sale in Tonga, a couple thousand acres in the US spread across a few states (250 acre chunks in several states), etc. I'd buy my parent's houses, pay off what they owe on any debts they have so they can retire and help out a bit of family and then vanish.

What about you?

vRozenSch00n

Just got a couple tickets for tomorrow's drawing. The odds of winning are astronomically small, but it's fun to imagine how a ton of cash can change your life. Imagine you won, what would you do?

If I win? I'm giving the site away to one of you all and I'm disappearing. Thinking maybe I'll get one of the larger islands for sale in Tonga, a couple thousand acres in the US spread across a few states (250 acre chunks in several states), etc. I'd buy my parent's houses, pay off what they owe on any debts they have so they can retire and help out a bit of family and then vanish.

What about you?
I'll buy a vast land and make my dream come true in self sufficient farming.

Pay schooling and tuition fee for at least 100 bright children from poor families in my neighborhood.

I really want to go to Fiji for the beach

Visit my relatives in Brisbane, Auckland, Montreal and Amsterdam

I want to travel by train from Amsterdam to Moscow to Beijing 

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I'll buy a vast land and make my dream come true in self sufficient farming.

Pay schooling and tuition fee for at least 100 bright children from poor families in my neighborhood.

I really want to go to Fiji for the beach

Visit my relatives in Brisbane, Auckland, Montreal and Amsterdam

I want to travel by train from Amsterdam to Moscow to Beijijng 
Don't worry, if I win you can come stay at my 1,000 acre Colorado ranch. I'll need someone to watch over it and help maintain the property while I travel :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'd buy ColoCrossing and ServerMania :)

Then I'd hire a team of technology ninjas to run it right.  I'd actually pay them all better than a living wage.  

Damian

Verified Provider
Donate 90% of it to family and friends. The remaining 10% is mine, all mine!

Oh, and that remaining 10%? Yeah I'm not going to be all humble with it because I want others to think better of me: i'll be up in a luxury car manufacturer's show room the next day.

obama_ballin.gif

peterw

• Pay the debts of all people I know and like.
  • Buy a house for my parents and my sister
  • Buy a flat in the city
  • Buy a ship, hire a crew and do a world cruising tour for 2 years.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
If I won it tomorrow... and I had the cash within a few days, I'd go round all the homeless shelters with a bag of cash and give everyone a wad of cash. I'd buy a large piece of land and build a housing estate and get them all housed.. that's probably around $50m

I'd use $100m to fund projects in third world countries where there is no proper source of clean running water and basic medication.

Another $100m would be give out to friend and family to clear out any debts they may have and do the "once in a life time" things they've not yet managed to do.

I'd spend $1m on the local childrens hospital and have a Santa come in this Christmas with all kinds of cool presents. Santa would also clear off any debt issues the parents of terminally ill children have.. so they have one less thing to worry about.

$100m would go in to an investment fund... and the rest, well, I'd blow it on shit no doubt!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
To be fair, I'd do a ton of charity too. But I've not decided how I'd do that, yet. Ideally would do a lot of things for my local community, to better it and donate to charities and people in need too.

Epidrive

Verified Provider
Thats a lot of money but i might prolly buy a jet or submarine, 5000sqm big house, save about 50 million dollars and then donate the rest to africa.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Improve my living standard, help a few selected friends with some extra cash that I know they need. Quit my regular job and start my own company, knowing that no matter how it goes, I can put food on the table for my family.

Probably end up buying shit I have no use for. Charity? Perhaps in one way or another.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
If I won it tomorrow... and I had the cash within a few days, I'd go round all the homeless shelters with a bag of cash and give everyone a wad of cash. 
The majority of that money would be spent on drugs within hours. The better thing to do would be to give them a smaller amount of money but multiple times, with the stipulation that they can't use it for drugs/alcohol. 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The majority of that money would be spent on drugs within hours. The better thing to do would be to give them a smaller amount of money but multiple times, with the stipulation that they can't use it for drugs/alcohol. 
Perhaps where you live. Not so here and certainly not for the shelters I have in mind.

jebat_ks

1) Setup non-profit org

2) Collect donation from public while keeping my money tax-free

3) ???

4) Continuous profit!

amuck-landowner