Lowend Colo

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Datashack (45/month)

BurstNET (not really)

Dacentec (30/month)

VolumeDrive (ha right)

The common colos (not sure if they're that cheap) are Colo@, AtlanticMetro, Choopa, Continuum, and HostDime

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Datashack (45/month)

BurstNET (not really)

VolumeDrive (ha right)
Any suggestions?
Yeah, I have a suggestion, when choosing cheap colo providers (or cheap low end VPS providers) besides the monthly price you also need to factor in #1 the cost of any lost sales due to downtime, #2 the $$$ value of the damage to your business's reputation that is done as a result of the inevitable frequent downtimes,  #3 the $$$ value of the decrease in productivity you incur because youhave to  waste your time opening support tickets, waiting for replies, responding 10 times to the halfwit incompetent support person/owner, etc who doesn't even know how to do a traceroute, etc..

tl,dr the majority of low monthly cost poor reputation providers like Burstcrap, VolumeDebts, GreenNovalueHost, etc will end up costing you far more in the end than if you had used a more reputable provider who charges a higher monthly rate (note: this doesn't apply if you're a 12 year old who is coloing/renting a minecraft server that you and your friends will use during recess because mommy and daddy are paying your bills and you don't need to worry about things like loss of productivity, lost sales, etc yet)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah, I have a suggestion, when choosing cheap colo providers (or cheap low end VPS providers) besides the monthly price you also need to factor in #1 the cost of any lost sales due to downtime, #2 the $$$ value of the damage to your business's reputation that is done as a result of the inevitable frequent downtimes,  #3 the $$$ value of the decrease in productivity you incur because youhave to  waste your time opening support tickets, waiting for replies, responding 10 times to the halfwit incompetent support person/owner, etc who doesn't even know how to do a traceroute, etc..

tl,dr the majority of low monthly cost poor reputation providers like Burstcrap, VolumeDebts, GreenNovalueHost, etc will end up costing you far more in the end than if you had used a more reputable provider who charges a higher monthly rate (note: this doesn't apply if you're a 12 year old who is coloing/renting a minecraft server that you and your friends will use during recess because mommy and daddy are paying your bills and you don't need to worry about things like loss of productivity, lost sales, etc yet)
While completely agree, if the individual wants this then fudge it.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah, no reason to EVEN mention VolumeDrive.

When I find some time I'll roast and toast them properly.  They are going down in a ball of fire and possibly soon. (i.e. 30 days or so).   Depends on schedules and how much delaying their lawyers can game.

On serious side, there is some outfit who advertises in Houston, Texas (via WHT) for single unit colos are a low rate.

There aren't many options in the market.

ThePrimeHost

Verified Provider
Colo really is something you shouldn't skimp on. You truly do get what you pay for. We have a few racks at Colo@ and while they certainly aren't what you'd call cheap, they provide a great quality of service at a reasonable price.

If you do see a "good price" make sure you lock in that price via contract or paying yearly, less the provider can raise rates at anytime and leave you paying more.

vampireJ

How about lowend colos with-

1. cheap ips.

2. ipv6

3. basic ddos

Any suggestions?

By the way, I have a similar thread-

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Totally mis-read the title, can't edit my original post so I'll let it stay and remind me to not be an idiot.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
How about lowend colos with-

1. cheap ips.

2. ipv6

3. basic ddos

Any suggestions?

By the way, I have a similar thread-
You aren't going to find all of those for a reasonable price.

Maybe only awknet would do that but awknet has a thing of not replying to tickets for 4 months at a time.

Francisco

amuck-landowner