amuck-landowner

LowEndTalk.com Down

concerto49

Verified Provider
What were they waiting to be fixed?

I am surprised that Vanilla can't handle the bad traffic and issues on their hosted solution.
For one the signatures kept breaking etc, on/off. They were a list of issues apparently says Colocrossing.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Are they moving it to their server maybe? Nameservers are pointed to ns1.colocrossing.com and ns2.colocrossing.com.

Mun

Never Forget
Soooo, lets have some fun with this. I used to crawl around the vanilla.org forums and most of the applications that are now on LET are only allowed on premium hosting by Vanillaforums.com. I begged for them once or twice, and they never would allow it. As such, I don't think they can move it, and will either have to rebuild the thank you button and the rest of LET again or setup a proxy to vanillaforums.com, or someone is getting in bed with someone else. ;)

Mun

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The two topics discussing this has been merged.

The one in 'The Pub' has been merged with this one here in 'Industry News'.

mpkossen

It's down for me as well. Maybe Vanilla can't handle the increase in load with the activity over the past few days.
LET is under a DDOS attack. Vanilla's infra isn't built for that, it appears.

What's more stupid?  That Colocrossing that hosts a gazillion websites doesn't host their own site or that Vanilla is such a piece of crap that any use breaks their outsourced "cloud" hosted solution?

Is Colocrossing actually paying real money for real service at Vanilla this time?
Yes, real dollars. The real service is something I think we're still waiting for, I guess.

Liam mentioned that CC was going to be moving it back inhouse at some point but not sure if

that that had happened yet.

Francisco
Hasn't happened yet. Think they were waiting on Vanilla to fix things first.
Indeed. It should have happened by now, but, well, read on... ;-)

What were they waiting to be fixed?

I am surprised that Vanilla can't handle the bad traffic and issues on their hosted solution.
Vanilla can't do a lot of things, apparently. Jon has been pushing them to fix their shit and release it to the OS version of Vanilla. However, they just keep postponing the deadline. It took Vanilla two weeks to get that signature line back. With all honesty, I don't think that acceptable when LET is paying them good money to fix stuff.

I believe we're waiting for security fixes and fixes to get all the old plugins, etc. working again.

Are they moving it to their server maybe? Nameservers are pointed to ns1.colocrossing.com and ns2.colocrossing.com.
Nameservers have always been that, even when LET moved to Rackspace.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks for the update and info @mpkossen.

Really?  Not doubting you, just thinking you folks might be shoe horned in the wrong payment plan.

Based on traffic you should be between Advanced and Enterprise. Neither has a SLA.

VIP has a SLA.

http://vanillaforums.com/info/plans

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
@mpkossen Just bring your site over to us, we have DDoS mitigation with every plan. On top of that we can install a hardware firewall for you and provide filtering. BuyVM has DDoS filtered IPs and DDoS mitigation as well. There are many good choices to host LET on, you know...

[Edit] - Why not just switch to XenForo and call it a day?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
Soooo, lets have some fun with this. I used to crawl around the vanilla.org forums and most of the applications that are now on LET are only allowed on premium hosting by Vanillaforums.com. I begged for them once or twice, and they never would allow it. As such, I don't think they can move it, and will either have to rebuild the thank you button and the rest of LET again or setup a proxy to vanillaforums.com, or someone is getting in bed with someone else. ;)

Mun

LOL I was right, look at lowendtalk.com No thank you button, no like button, just back to plain old Vanilla.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa GJ Vanilla. 

amuck-landowner