amuck-landowner

LowEndTalk.com Down

mpkossen

Thanks for the update and info @mpkossen.

Really?  Not doubting you, just thinking you folks might be shoe horned in the wrong payment plan.

Based on traffic you should be between Advanced and Enterprise. Neither has a SLA.

VIP has a SLA.

http://vanillaforums.com/info/plans
I don't know which plan I'm on. But given the site being down for the past couple of hours I'm sure DDoS protection either wasn't there, didn't work or wasn't enough ;-)

@mpkossen Just bring your site over to us, we have DDoS mitigation with every plan. On top of that we can install a hardware firewall for you and provide filtering. BuyVM has DDoS filtered IPs and DDoS mitigation as well. There are many good choices to host LET on, you know...

[Edit] - Why not just switch to XenForo and call it a day?
I don't make the call on that, but given the fact that CC owns the place, they really want to have it on their own infra once more. Jon is absolutely working on that, but has to wait for Vanilla to release their fixes before we can use them on CC infra. I know there's plenty of other capable providers to handle this, one of which is yours, but again: I don't make the decisions nor own LEB/LET.

About XenForo: you've mentioned it a couple of times now (no offence, but do you own stock or something?). Not that I think LET is going to switch software (though with Vanilla failing more and more every week, we're getting closer), but if they were, I'm not sure XenForo would be top of the list.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
I don't make the call on that, but given the fact that CC owns the place, they really want to have it on their own infra once more. Jon is absolutely working on that, but has to wait for Vanilla to release their fixes before we can use them on CC infra. I know there's plenty of other capable providers to handle this, one of which is yours, but again: I don't make the decisions nor own LEB/LET.
@mpkossen IMHO I think that Vanilla will drag their feet just to keep you aa customer for as long as possible. The sooner you're out of there, the better you're off. I'd just invest in a decent dedicated hardware firewall solution with IP filtering just for LET and keep the site at CC. It's about the simplest solution that I can think of.

About XenForo: you've mentioned it a couple of times now (no offence, but do you own stock or something?). Not that I think LET is going to switch software (though with Vanilla failing more and more every week, we're getting closer), but if they were, I'm not sure XenForo would be top of the list.
@mpkossen XenForo is a very small company, so they don't have a public stock offering. So no, I don't own stock there. However given the fact that LET is a large community and that the members there want something lightweight and a discussion oriented forum were the topics are going up and down as interest increases/decreases, XenForo is about the only viable commercial solution that I can come up with. I'm sure that most folks would be against vBulletin. Maybe IP.Board, but I doubt it. With XenForo it it's very easy to create the same functionality, but with a better back end and commercial support. Once again, just my two cents.

mpkossen

@mpkossen IMHO I think that Vanilla will drag their feet just to keep you aa customer for as long as possible. The sooner you're out of there, the better you're off. I'd just invest in a decent dedicated hardware firewall solution with IP filtering just for LET and keep the site at CC. It's about the simplest solution that I can think of.

We're out of there :) I don't know what was the trigger, but we're back at CC. I'm glad, to be honest. No more waiting for Vanilla Devs! I'm sure Jon will do something to prevent or tackle DDoS attacks.

@mpkossen XenForo is a very small company, so they don't have a public stock offering. So no, I don't own stock there. However given the fact that LET is a large community and that the members there want something lightweight and a discussion oriented forum were the topics are going up and down as interest increases/decreases, XenForo is about the only viable commercial solution that I can come up with. I'm sure that most folks would be against vBulletin. Maybe IP.Board, but I doubt it. With XenForo it it's very easy to create the same functionality, but with a better back end and commercial support. Once again, just my two cents.
OK, thanks for elaborating on that! If it ever comes to a discussion about forum software, I'll take this with me :)

earl

LEB is loading but LET seems to be completely down..

edit:

both down now

I think they are going to lose a lot of members if they keep having issues with their sites.. yesterday by night It averaged 1-5 members on LET and that included myself!

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
LEB is loading but LET seems to be completely down..

edit:

both down now

I think they are going to lose a lot of members if they keep having issues with their sites.. yesterday by night It averaged 1-5 members on LET and that included myself!
They may be pushing out updates?

After they got kicked off Vanilla's hosted solution most of the functions that was there were gone so I know they're trying to add these back. Anyhow, the site is loading for me just fine right now.

Otakumatic

Only partially loading for me:

C:\Users\Shane>ping lowendtalk.com

Pinging lowendtalk.com [108.174.48.102] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Reply from 108.174.48.102: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=48

Reply from 108.174.48.102: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 108.174.48.102:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 45ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 45ms

earl

Yeah it comes and goes it seems.. but with the hack, then the move to vanilla, then the ddos, and now another move again.. it's just getting a bit much really.. but I do really feel bad for CC with all the recent events that seems to have been happening..

Otakumatic

Yeah it comes and goes it seems.. but with the hack, then the move to vanilla, then the ddos, and now another move again.. it's just getting a bit much really.. but I do really feel bad for CC with all the recent events that seems to have been happening..
Yeah, poor CC.

I cannot imagine how busy they are there right now....

amuck-landowner