amuck-landowner

Lowendtalk/Lowendbox 2nd Quarter 2014 - *Unofficial* Top VPS Provider Results

Mid

vpsB isn't a VPS provider? By my count 10th place would be BuyVM...
my guess is BuyVM guys run vpsBoard, I may be wrong (but may be wright also :) )

vpsboard.com whois is protected

it is hosted at Frantech, parent company of buyvm

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^--- that's funny.  Been a long history about who and what vpsBoard is / came to be / etc.  If you are new, lots of catching up to do.

Curtis owns, runs, babysits and copes with vpsBoard....

BuyVM is a provider like all the rest here. BuyVM however is used to host parts of vpsBoard. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
my guess is BuyVM guys run vpsBoard, I may be wrong (but may be wright also :) )

vpsboard.com whois is protected

it is hosted at Frantech, parent company of buyvm
Not quite :) We pay full price on our ad spot and had to contend for it just like the rest. The only reason we got it and others didn't is that we replied to the sales emails w/ payment faster than others :p Curtis ran the site for quite a few months before the LE* civil war.

Curtis is a client like the rest.

As for us, we don't take part in LE past my few replies here/there. We don't promote ourselves really past an announcement once a year maybe. We run no promo's/sales threads nor do we take part in much coupon pushing. Infact, the only coupon we've ever run was for DailyServerDeals.

Like it or not LE's an easy market to manipulate to place high in polls....but i'll leave it at that :)

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Curtis ran the site for quite a few months before the LE* civil war.
vpsBoard:

Creation Date: 2012-11-27 01:16:00Z

Forum went up months later I do believe...  Early 2013.

LET hacks, admin access given to everyone, ColoCrossing found in there running things, was that May 12th, 2013.

Yeppers,  @MannDude, correct me if I am wrong.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Yeah he bought the domain from an auction and setup a forum. That hack definitely contributed to a lot of LE whining.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
In fact, the only coupon we've ever run was for DailyServerDeals.
DailyServerDeals is hosted at RamNode.  Ponies and Rams :eek: .   But wait, it gets even worse. VPSBoard's Piwik install is hosted at DigitalOcean! The plot thickens...

Mid

The only reason we got it and others didn't is that we replied to the sales emails w/ payment faster than others
You want every one to believe this? :)

I may not be experienced, but I got it right (poor drmike even nearing 5000 posts, couldn't figure it out :) anyhow, congrats on your 5000)

I was not talking about participation in LE*, but about who is running vpsB.

"Francisco" has 1684 posts (domain owner of buyvm)

"Aldryic C'boas" has 1697 posts

both have buyvm signature (this is not promoting, all should understand this :) )

both joined early 2013 (probably just after vpbB launch)

I am not complaining here, why hide behind?

But, if you decided to hide, you shouldn't be caught, right?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
DailyServerDeals is hosted at RamNode.  Ponies and Rams :eek: .   But wait, it gets even worse. VPSBoard's Piwik install is hosted at DigitalOcean! The plot thickens...
And I backup and have a dev server at AnyNode too, oh and the WHMCS install to bill advertisers is hosted at... Hostigation!

That makes vpsBoard hosted by BuyVM, RamNode, AnyNode, DigitalOcean and Hostigation. Oh! DNS is hosted by Rage4. I pay full price for all the servers. All advertisers, regardless if I host with them or not pay for their ads too.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

I may not be experienced, but I got it right (poor drmike even nearing 5000 posts, couldn't figure it out :) anyhow, congrats on your 5000)

both have buyvm signature (this is not promoting, all should understand this :) )

It's true. When advertising began here I think Fran (BuyVM) and Phil (KnightSwarm / Flexible Gaming) were the first two official advertisers and they've renewed each month. You'll find there are a handful of others who adopted early, too. Prometeus and Hostigation were right behind them.

You can see a complete list of active advertisers and their time having advertised here: http://a.vpsboard.com/data/public/ , you can view the member list and see who signed up to vpsBoard and in what order here https://vpsboard.com/members/?sort_key=members_display_name&sort_order=asc&max_results=20&sort_key=joined

When vpsBoard first started it was hosted at RocketVPS. It quickly died when LET died after being hit with a ton of traffic, both from visitors and from DDoS. I then moved it onto BuyVM's DDoS filtered service in Vegas to get it back up and running. Simple concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Hey I give you credit for stirring the pot and if you truely are new, I feel your questioning as positive.

I've been at this a LONG TIME....  So someone like Mann and Fran running a scamola on me, bahaha,  it would be funny.

When you catch up reading about 300 of my choice posts,  you will see...

But the conspiracy thickens... Cause you know RamNode came in first again... and well... @NickA certainly has an "investment" in vpsBoard too....  and DigitalOcean ranked up there near the top too, cause they have an "investment" in vpsBoard....

So vpsBoard came in 1st, 9th and 10th....  Yeah, that's the story...

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider

Wow you've done your research...Lulz... 

If you actually did any hard research I am surprised your not claiming I own vpsBoard.. I employed Curtis from before this domain was registered up until May of last year when I sold my company. So you can say Mayyybe vpsBoard wouldn't exist if it wasn't for me? idk. 

Hell it even took me a couple weeks after he started this forum I think it was because I got tired of him mentioning it every day. 

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Colocrossing secretly owns it. Wink.
Of course they do...    If they don't multiple spy agencies / outsourced intelligence agencies are hosting on their network and making multiple unauthorized backups and derivatives... Ownership is 9/10th's of the law... so I guess they can claim more derivatives and thereby ownership...

amuck-landowner