amuck-landowner

LowEndTalk Thoughts

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The latter for your question. I'm not per say leaving, but I know a bunch of people already have. I might leave accidentally, but I still wanted to give everyone at least a good bye wave. You guys are some really great people. I'm poking you guys like Francisco, CVPS_chris (though I know you guys find that debatable), Johnston @ bluevm, Ishaq, SeriesN, Zen, Pubcrawler, and much much more. Even though you might all not be Tech centric you have taught me a TON. 

Mun
/me bows

By all means, continue taking part as you can :) I'll stick around short of Curtis selling this place :p

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
CVPS_chris (though I know you guys find that debatable)
Eh, honestly if you get him away from talking about VPSes (or tech in general) he's a decent enough guy.  That persona we're all so familiar with just seems to overwhelm any instance in which he does act... well, decently. 

Mun

Never Forget
One thing that is shitty, as that you guys take this place as virtual, and act sorta like dicks (no i'm not pointing fingers, though the person you just thought is your "dick"). I want to stress that what happens on the internet doesn't stay on the internet like "Las Vegas". What you do here is your companies impression, being a dick can in the end may cause people to not sign up with you. (it might be better to just browse the forums instead of posting on Harsh topics)

Mun

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
One thing that is shitty, as that you guys take this place as virtual, and act sorta like dicks (no i'm not pointing fingers, though the person you just thought is your "dick"). I want to stress that what happens on the internet doesn't stay on the internet like "Las Vegas". What you do here is your companies impression, being a dick can in the end may cause people to not sign up with you. (it might be better to just browse the forums instead of posting on Harsh topics) Mun
@Mun Many forums don't provide closed areas for certain topics, that only logged in members can see, especially for threads in Off-Topic. Almost any forum script supports this, including Vanilla, IPB, XenForo and so on.

These days customers either sign up because they have a hobby project or to bring their business online. They like to read reviews. If customers would spend their nights reading forums and base their decisions solely on what X Y Z said in a heated debate then I can think of at least one or two providers who wouldn't have any customers left. However I think that this is what happens on most forums, not just hosting related. It has something to do with the entertainment to boredom ratio of the participants and viewers alike. Granted, this is so much more civilized than LET ever was.

Mun

Never Forget
@Mun Many forums don't provide closed areas for certain topics, that only logged in members can see, especially for threads in Off-Topic. Almost any forum script supports this, including Vanilla, IPB, XenForo and so on.

These days customers either sign up because they have a hobby project or to bring their business online. They like to read reviews. If customers would spend their nights reading forums and base their decisions solely on what X Y Z said in a heated debate then I can think of at least one or two providers who wouldn't have any customers left. However I think that this is what happens on most forums, not just hosting related. It has something to do with the entertainment to boredom ratio of the participants and viewers alike. Granted, this is so much more civilized than LET ever was.

However, you can take it too far. Sometimes yes customers will see it and not care, but if it keeps going on and on, they may go through a gilt trip, and move somewhere else.

Mun

jarland

The ocean is digital
If customers would spend their nights reading forums and base their decisions solely on what X Y Z said in a heated debate

Personally I'd rather not have a single client who would choose their services by this. Not a single one. I don't want clients who just glide with the wind from host to host every month or two. I mean following that logic as a provider would mean that the moment I step outside my door, open my window, or send a message on the internet that I should strip myself of personality. I'm a Christian, I work at a church. Does that statement mean that I can't host atheists? Should I hide who I am because someone might not like it? You don't have to like everything I say and do. If you think you do, you're not serious about the services that you want to provide and therefore you won't be a client of anyone's for very long anyway.

Been wanting to get that one off my chest for a while, thanks for setting me up for it ;)

Mun

Never Forget
Personally I'd rather not have a single client who would choose their services by this. Not a single one. I don't want clients who just glide with the wind from host to host every month or two. I mean following that logic as a provider would mean that the moment I step outside my door, open my window, or send a message on the internet that I should strip myself of personality. I'm a Christian, I work at a church. Does that statement mean that I can't host atheists? Should I hide who I am because someone might not like it? You don't have to like everything I say and do. If you think you do, you're not serious about the services that you want to provide and therefore you won't be a client of anyone's for very long anyway.

Been wanting to get that one off my chest for a while, thanks for setting me up for it ;)

Sometimes, things are best left unsaid. 

Mun

jarland

The ocean is digital
Sometimes, things are best left unsaid.

I'll agree and telling someone that discussion that is irrelevant to system administration, billing, or support somehow reflects on their services is one of them. I take it as little more than a tactic to try to coerce people into shutting up when they're saying things that you don't like, and it's not just you, it's a growing theme at other sites too.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Here on VPSboard it has been CC hate realm, with no opposition as such things just blow up, and out of control.
Well ... you might be right. The first week was all about punching someone lying on the ground. But that was one single week. And if you search for my posts you will see that I did say that this is not something I want to be part of. Single one with a bucket of water but hey don't call me part of the mob.

If you do not believe:

Mun

Never Forget
Well ... you might be right. The first week was all about punching someone lying on the ground. But that was one single week. And if you search for my posts you will see that I did say that this is not something I want to be part of. Single one with a bucket of water but hey don't call me part of the mob.

If you do not believe:

I'm responsible for the CC hate as well, but that is because I didn't want an LET situation to become the norm.

Mun

wlanboy

Content Contributer
But was it really worth it?

In my opinion this has to stop now. Mods should do their job. I do not want to be part of a board that well ... wants to do things better but in fact is at least as bad as the evil it wants to fight.

In your eyes it is ok to hack/ddos/deface everyone because you do not like what he says or does?

Should that be the norm?

If this board wants to be better everyone should be able to post - even Chris or CC - without being kicked to death with the same accusations again and again.

Mun

Never Forget
In your eyes it is ok to hack/ddos/deface everyone because you do not like what he says or does?
Should that be the norm?

No

If this board wants to be better everyone should be able to post - even Chris or CC - without being kicked to death with the same accusations again and again.

Agreed, but there should be the aisles allow it.

Mun

wlanboy

Content Contributer
So tell me the rules which will allow a second holy crusade against CC.

I mean everyone complains about all what they might have be done. Did they get enough? Or what should happen to them to fullfill your (not you in person but to all CC haters) bloodthirstiness?

amuck-landowner