miniVPS has been sold.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MartinD, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Geek

Geek Technolojesus Verified Provider

May 31, 2014
    __geek__
    I'm guessing this is a British term?  :p  

2. MartinD

MartinD Retired Staff Retired Staff Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Probably. It's more polite than 'fuck all'

3. Michaeli

Michaeli New Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Hi Martin, yust found this thread.. you may not know me personally but I have been using Minivps or what used to be minivps for the last year or so now. 

First I just gotta say, it's abit sad that you've sold the company, but I do appreciate the fact that family does come first.

I must say the customer support over at Astutium is pretty horrible compared to what I was looking for and what your team at minivps offered. Prices been increased, servers going down with no warning or no explanation after they're back up, lack of social media presence, just pretty horrible customer service from what i'm used to. 

Just wanted to post this here as I found this thread when searching for their website before I plan to cancel my subscription and move away.

MartinD and drmike like this.
  4. MartinD

MartinD Retired Staff Retired Staff Verified Provider

May 15, 2013
    Hi Michaeli. 

I'm both happy and sad to read this. Over the past few months I've had quite a lot of messages and emails from my (ex) customers saying similar to yourself. It's nice to hear that while I was at the helm, people were happy with the overall service provided. It's sad to see people are now jumping ship because things are going downhill. Not that I blame them at all; some of the stories I've heard really have shocked me. 

Ultimately, I know it's not my fault that these things are happening but it does make me feel somewhat guilty. Having built the business from scratch and now seeing it rot from the inside is a bit soul destroying. I guess all I can say is sorry things haven't worked out as I'd hoped and you've been put in such a position. 

Not really sure what else to say :/ 

drmike likes this.
  5. markhascole

markhascole New Member

May 2, 2017
    Nice sharing

6. IWSNetworks

IWSNetworks New Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Congratulations Martin
    Can I ask about the price ?

7. Lee

Lee Retired Staff Retired Staff Verified Provider

Mar 25, 2013
    You want him to tell you how much he sold MiniVPS for? I am sure he will tell you that...

8. web-project

web-project Member Verified Provider

Jan 28, 2014
    if you check the dates of posts it was back in Sep 10, 2015