amuck-landowner

Mr. Robot - New TV Show from the TV Channel USA

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just caught up on the latest epsidoe... Man oh man. Unexpected turns. Won't say anything more than that, don't want to spoil the surprises. G'ah!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
While the show is good, I feel like I've had my time wasted with it...

It's not so much slick as incomplete story telling..

gordonrp

Verified Provider
I gave up a few episodes in, the emo/druggie/loser persona was such a drag.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Alright, unsure what happened in the news/entertainment cycle in past 2 days... but....

Quote said:
(CNN)USA Network announced Wednesday that it will postpone the season finale of its critically acclaimed series "Mr. Robot."

"The previously filmed season finale of 'Mr. Robot' contains a graphic scene similar in nature to today's tragic events in Virginia," the network said in a statement. "Out of respect to the victims, their families and colleagues, and our viewers, we are postponing tonight's episode. Our thoughts go out to all those affected during this difficult time."

The nation was shocked on Wednesday when two employees of WDBJ-TV in Franklin County, Virginia were shot dead live on air.

Reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were killed by former station employee Vester L. Flanagan II, who had worked as a television reporter under the name Bryce Williams.

Flanagan, who also injured a woman being interviewed on air, later shot and killed himself.

Now ending its first season, "Mr. Robot," starring Rami Malek and Christian Slater, is about a mentally unstable computer programmer turned vigilante hacker.

The finale will air Wednesday, September 2, instead.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/entertainment/mr-robot-finale-pulled-virginia-feat-irpt/index.html

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Alright, unsure what happened in the news/entertainment cycle in past 2 days... but....

Quote said:
(CNN)USA Network announced Wednesday that it will postpone the season finale of its critically acclaimed series "Mr. Robot."

"The previously filmed season finale of 'Mr. Robot' contains a graphic scene similar in nature to today's tragic events in Virginia," the network said in a statement. "Out of respect to the victims, their families and colleagues, and our viewers, we are postponing tonight's episode. Our thoughts go out to all those affected during this difficult time."

The nation was shocked on Wednesday when two employees of WDBJ-TV in Franklin County, Virginia were shot dead live on air.

Reporter Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were killed by former station employee Vester L. Flanagan II, who had worked as a television reporter under the name Bryce Williams.

Flanagan, who also injured a woman being interviewed on air, later shot and killed himself.

Now ending its first season, "Mr. Robot," starring Rami Malek and Christian Slater, is about a mentally unstable computer programmer turned vigilante hacker.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/entertainment/mr-robot-finale-pulled-virginia-feat-irpt/index.html
Well, way to spoil the finale CNN!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

Quote said:

Well, way to spoil the finale CNN!
It was at this moment we realize, fsociety got physical.  (With all due respects to the people affected in Virginia.  this was more of a tongue in cheek response.)

Last edited by a moderator:

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Spoiler... only read if you have seen E09 already.

I don't get some things - Even with a similar illness (Elliot seems to have a pretty clear cut of Schizophrenia, i see a LOT of similarities to myself....so much that i actually had to stop watching too many episodes at once because i could not sleep anymore and was questioning reality, only aspect missing in the show are the suicidal tendencies) it just makes not much sense.

EX: In one of the first fsociety meetings Darlene looks "right through" Mr Robot - Ok, makes sense. No one else seems to see/hear him either. But later you can see him talking to Darlene directly and throwing a keyboard through the room, wtf? At another point he talks directly with the black guy, without Elliot being even in the same room? 

I've also seen some technical things that don't make much sense, like: where does the RPI in the climate system get power from? I don't see a converter for the 42V POE? Why does the AC of a huge storage facility in a all year normal climate even have heating options (usually you'd heat that with datacenter heat), and why does it get to like 80C+? Besides, that would probably take hours - Someone could easily fix it the hard way by cutting power? 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Spoiler... only read if you have seen E09 already.

Hidden Content

Well my take is that the Mr. Robot in scenes is Elliot having real illusions of the father and being unable to divide the father from his own personality.

This is to say Elliot, as stated, is Mr. Robot.   

The Romero (is that the black fellows name?) -- when he visits the guy and the whole smashing up the place and gun incident, that isn't the father character, it's actually Elliot doing all of that.  Probably worthy of reviewing back episodes looking for easter eggs in frames, reflections, other signs that = Elliot and not the father even though visual main frame depicts otherwise.

I think when Elliot goes off the deep end with anger, they are projecting at random the father character into the role.

There are missing / odd pieces all over.   Like when he went off the railing to the beach below and when he tossed the father out the window....  In fact in both incidents, he tossed himself off / out both.  Unsure if this is playing to the suicide component or if just that realistic hallucinations (fair word to use?) that he believes these things are real to point of self harm.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Mr. Robot is coming back.. finally...

Code:
USA Network has officially set the premiere date for its criticaly acclaimed drama Mr. Robot. Returning for a second season on Wednesday, Jul. 13 at 10/9c...

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Mr. Robot is coming back.. finally...

USA Network has officially set the premiere date for its criticaly acclaimed drama Mr. Robot. Returning for a second season on Wednesday, Jul. 13 at 10/9c...

Can't wait! :)

jeff2600

Verified Provider
I'm about to start re-watching Season 1. I read on Reddit that having seen second season makes re-watching the first one an extremely interesting experience!!! :)

buildmyblock

its one of the most realistic hacking themed programs ive seen alot of what you actually see is possible in the real world i really enjoyed season 1 cant wait for season 2 to come onto amazon to watch :)

amuck-landowner