amuck-landowner

My Google Glass edition has arrived! (Pictures)

KMyers

What did you have to do to get that invite?
I was selected as one of the first 3,000 to get Glass back in April. I have had them since June. As a Glass owner, I can sometimes invite others to purchase Glass (as I did with Chris Miller )

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Good news! My contacts will be in next week.

While I was at the Optometrists office I think everyone there tried out my google glass and took pictures. 

xUXPWfY.jpg

LRcqVqN.jpg

CbbIBPg.jpg

kOWvCaR.jpg

qpxRJwe.jpg

NKMy7r6.jpg

I am getting new prescription eye glasses along with my google glass so I decided to try my google glass over the one's I chose to see how it works: dYHvbxd.jpg

I can't wait till next week. :)

HostGuard

Verified Provider
Heh, that's definitely a nice purchase indeed, but I'm personally waiting for the Oculus Rift myself.

LASIK is stopgap.  While convenient, it's not permanent, and should be considered an 'expendable income' solution.
Coming from world renowned eye surgeons my relatives work with - never go LASIK. You are way better off wearing glasses.

If you're going to get contacts - get disposable ones. Well, they're all disposable, but opt for the 24 hour or weekly ones. The shorter the life span of the contact lens, the better they are for your eyes because they are less durable by letting more oxygen through.

Are Google planning to make the glass used in these prescription based for those that need it?

wdq

Quade
Hopefully they'll make an updated version of the prescription frames where the Google Glass part is removable from the frames. Without that feature you'll need to have another pair of glasses just for things like driving and when in a movie theater where you could get in trouble for wearing Google Glass. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I got my contacts Last week finally (They were on backorder) and I failed horribly at putting them in so they wouldn't let me take them home. So I was able to come back Tuesday and try again and I got them in right away, so far I love them expect the putting them in part.

Ironically I think i've been using my google glass less since I got contacts then before.  :huh:

KMyers

I got my contacts Last week finally (They were on backorder) and I failed horribly at putting them in so they wouldn't let me take them home. So I was able to come back Tuesday and try again and I got them in right away, so far I love them expect the putting them in part.

Ironically I think i've been using my google glass less since I got contacts then before.  :huh:
They now have the official frames for order. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I have been wearing contacts on and off for the last 4 years. You won't even have to thing about what you are doing soon :)

It took a couple weeks but I am a pro at putting contacts in now. 

amuck-landowner