amuck-landowner

Need SSD Dedi

Naruto

I am fully aware that finding this sort of deal within my budget is highly unlikely.

This is for my Bukkit Minecraft server. Impress Naruto.

Type: Dedicated. Tired of sharing.

CPU: Any quad over 3Ghz.

RAM: 8GB DDR 3.

Disk: SSD

Port: 100Mbps is fine.

Budget: $60 max. <-Don't laugh at the poor.

Notes: I'm not prone to DDoS. If I ban some kid who happens to frequent HF, I don't want terminated over it.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I informed him to post it in here instead of the VPS Request forum (due to the VPS Request forum being for VPSes).  So yell at me if it's not in the right place.  

GVH-Jon

Banned
I know a lot of people are thinking this right now but won't say it but I'll be the one with the balls and the nerve to say it: You can't expect the world served to you on a silver platter for pennies.

Companies exist for a reason: to make money. A lot of people work in this industry as their full time job and they need to put food on the table, it's ridiculous how people show absolutely no respect for the hosting industry at all. Honestly, you're expecting to pay less for a full month lease of a good server than what I spend for an average one night dinner at a restaurant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
It might be cheaper to build that server and colocate it. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This could be done with a L5420 or similar dual quad core.  Isn't 3GHZ or above though, but note I said DUAL QUAD.  Not a single QUAD.

Bundle with that a 60GB SSD. Certainly aren't getting a Samsung or Intel SSD at budget.

Really not an expensive machine if you come down on the CPU speed.

GVH-Jon

Banned
This could be done with a L5420 or similar dual quad core.  Isn't 3GHZ or above though, but note I said DUAL QUAD.  Not a single QUAD.

Bundle with that a 60GB SSD. Certainly aren't getting a Samsung or Intel SSD at budget.

Really not an expensive machine if you come down on the CPU speed.
What is the point of spending money on a dedicated server and buying a 60GB SSD ..? Especially when it's not Samsung or Intel..

It's better just to get a VMWare, KVM, or Xen VPS.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I'm just going to put this here:

https://support.commercialmedia.com/cart.php

The Dual L5420 (35/month) and then just get the SSD drive for 20 dollars more.  CPU isn't over 3 GHz but should be perfectly fine.  Comes down to 55 dollars a month.

Their datacenter is East Coast though.  I can't guarantee you that their network is great (when I had a server with them their network was sub par in my books but KuJoe seems to absolutely love their network, so to each their own.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What is the point of spending money on a dedicated server and buying a 60GB SSD ..? Especially when it's not Samsung or Intel..

Because OP needs fast CPU, good throughput and that's about it.  He's not storing masses of data or anything.

But, in all fairness, I raise this point all the time about dual quad offers with a tiny single 500GB drive :)  I am a data horder and forget that many folks aren't ;)

jarland

The ocean is digital
I think the single core 3Ghz is the deal breaker but hope someone proves me wrong. Otherwise, hit up quickpacket and see what they've got in stock.

Naruto

I know a lot of people are thinking this right now but won't say it but I'll be the one with the balls and the nerve to say it: You can't expect the world served to you on a silver platter for pennies.

Companies exist for a reason: to make money. A lot of people work in this industry as their full time job and they need to put food on the table, it's ridiculous how people show absolutely no respect for the hosting industry at all. Honestly, you're expecting to pay less for a full month lease of a good server than what I spend for an average one night dinner at a restaurant.
[REDACTED]

Thanks for the other offers/poking around for me guys, keep them coming if you don't mind.

While I appreciate the slightly-over-budget-similar-plans, I am still not really looking to go over budget.

Some of you from the IRC channels may have noticed I've been searching for days. Doesn't hurt to look around. :)

I'm super duper picky. buffalooed and Pete M. have my train of thought down.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This thread has been re-opened after cleaning up a bit.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Jarland recommended QPS/Quickpacket.  He had dual quads at $49 not so long ago.   Definitely a good place to consider.

earl

core.png

Intel Core i3 2100
3.1Ghz
2 Cores / 4 Threads

8GB DDR3 500GB

• 20TB Monthly Transfer
• Linux/Windows* OS
• 5 usable IPv4 Address
• /64 IPv6 Address Block**
• Remote Reboot Access $59.00/month

Phenom 840 & RAID
3.2Ghz
4 Cores / 4 Threads

8GB DDR3 2 x 500GB

• 20TB Monthly Transfer
• Linux/Windows* OS
• 5 usable IPv4 Address
• /64 IPv6 Address Block**
• Remote Reboot Access $39.00/month

It's from datashack,..you can send them your own SSD and they will install it for you for free.. probably your best bet but unfortunately out of stock for now, but they do restock often

amuck-landowner