amuck-landowner

New Forum Section for Hardware?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Been wanting for a while to see a section to isolate all the hardware related discussions on vpsBoard.  Hoping to isolate everything from hardware used to run your hosting company, to the latest phones and tablets to new ARM devices to anything vaguely tech related in one nicely stacked forum section.

This would help folks hone in on such topics versus resorting to search to attempt to locate a related topic that already exists.  Would make casual hobby reading easier and less time investment.

What do others think?

PS:  @MannDude asked that I pose this to the community as of last week.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Can we also add a section for all of "his" posts.
AAannd we're off topic already. Back on topic: yes. Hardware section would be great. Just got to get all the mods on board to find and move all those threads out of General.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
AAannd we're off topic already. Back on topic: yes. Hardware section would be great. Just got to get all the mods on board to find and move all those threads out of General.
Definitely would be great to move the existing threads to new hardware forum.  It is work and @MannDude said they'd do that if people thought the section would be a welcomed addition by the vpsBoard users community.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sorry, was out of town. Yeah, I'm not usually very eager to add new forums as they're often slow to get content related to that specific topic and looks poor to have an empty forum. I may do the hardware forum and just populate it with any old hardware related thread I can find from the other sections just to have content in it to get it started. We'll see. :)

The community, so far, says yes but let me mull it over.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bumping this... cause I am about to post another thread.... that .... is hardware related....

Can we please consider adding new section for hardware :) ?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Not sure it's a good idea. Having more 'empty' forums is a bad idea in my opinion. If there were enough hardware related threads over time then a new section could be created and these threads moved in to show it has content. I dint think there's enough of that at the moment to warrant an entirely new section.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seems like we have lots of topics for hardware already.  Just moving those threads over would be the ticket to not having an empty forum section.  This is 3 minutes of me,  looking in search for ahhh... hardware ....  and another search for Raspberry Pi.  Lots more in there just not tagged with keywords.

HalfEatenPie - Today, 07:35 AM

in Operating a VPS Business
Started by TruvisT, Yesterday, 07:53 PM

in General Talk
Started by Nikki, 01 Aug 2014  
icon_tag.png
home, work, network

in General Talk
Started by HalfEatenPie, 05 Aug 2014

in The Pub (Off topic discussion)
Started by MannDude, 31 Jul 2014

in The Pub (Off topic discussion)