amuck-landowner

New SolusVM Beta Build Security Update Rev13 8/27/2013

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
I haven't seen this posted yet, so thought I would since it contains security enhancements from audit.

Revision 13 (27 August 2013) Beta Build

• Added Client, Reseller and Admin single session support. Default is ON but can be disabled from the admin area Configuration » Settings » Security.
  • Added <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff> and <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot> to KVM xml config files.
  • Fixed length of virtual server hostnames.
  • Changed the way disabling a KVM virtual servers VNC works due to networking issues. VNC's are now spawned locally when disabled.
This release also contains security enhancements as per the external audit recommendations.

http://docs.solusvm.com/release_versions_beta#revision_13_27_august_2013

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Yea I thought it was strange I didn't see it posted anywhere yet, I just happened upon it.

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Ah, will change topic title to reflect its just for those who are living life on the edge.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Yeah, I was wondering why they posted an update without posting on the blog. Somewhat concerning.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Is there still providers with their SolusVM's disabled?

Or has everyone enabled theirs now?

Francisco

rds100

Verified Provider
Ours is disabled still. Waiting to see the "fixed" version SolusVM releases.

By the way, does anyone else have a problem with rdns4 support in SolusVM being broken in the recent version? I've no idea when it broke actually.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Ours is disabled still. Waiting to see the "fixed" version SolusVM releases.

By the way, does anyone else have a problem with rdns4 support in SolusVM being broken in the recent version? I've no idea when it broke actually.
I thought you guys had your own panel?

Francisco

rds100

Verified Provider
Nope, VPSes are controlled by SolusVM. Although we did add some small custom things to it (like working rdns6 support - more than two years ago and still using mine instead of theirs)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Nope, VPSes are controlled by SolusVM. Although we did add some small custom things to it (like working rdns6 support - more than two years ago and still using mine instead of theirs)
Don't tell them that... they'll accuse you of decompiling their panel and suspend your license (like they did to us).. and when you do show them your code to prove everything's legit, they'll steal it and use it to fix their own broken mess (like they also did to us -_-)

Zen

Don't tell them that... they'll accuse you of decompiling their panel and suspend your license (like they did to us).. and when you do show them your code to prove everything's legit, they'll steal it and use it to fix their own broken mess (like they also did to us -_-)
mysql_

Damian

Verified Provider
@Damian - I'm assuming you just use the WHMCS module to give most controls?

Francisco
We're using the broken-ass ModulesGarden Solus module. It's very broken-ass, but one of the benefits over the Solus-provided module is that it has a mechanism for console access, which means we could continue to sell KVMs and people could set up their OS on them. The module doesn't show KVM ISOs, only KVM templates, so I have a KVM server sitting in San Diego with absolutely no clients on it because I can't provide them with a good interface to set up their shit. FML.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner