amuck-landowner

New York - What Interest is there?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Haven't they been saying the same about IPv6 for years now?  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in promises of 'improvements to come'.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Cogent was some trial period / promo.  Probably was just time to start paying the full rate and now shown the door.

I am not sure if Cogent was causing many issues when I use/test there.   Not seeing much of it myself.

Cogent leaving is mainly pegged on congestion to Comcast.  Oddly, that congestion remains in Chicago and unsure why they'd  route from BUF to CHI knowing that.  Bound to be peering ability to steer clear of the REAL documented saturation points n CHI.

Now if they'd work XO out of there too, they might have something to talk about.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Haven't they been saying the same about IPv6 for years now?  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in promises of 'improvements to come'.
Second that.

For at least one year they tell everyone that IPv6 will come "within the next 2 weeks".

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
GTFO!

I am not a router and infrastructure engineer.  Has to be some reason they are refusing to roll IPV6 out.

A year :)  Oh I think they've been on the IPV6 coming soon for at least two years. 

Who remembers when they first heard CC or CVPS promise IPV6?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
GTFO!

I am not a router and infrastructure engineer.  Has to be some reason they are refusing to roll IPV6 out.

A year :)  Oh I think they've been on the IPV6 coming soon for at least two years. 

Who remembers when they first heard CC or CVPS promise IPV6?
Probably them ripping ARIN For as many IPv4 as they can get before doing a "Switch over" to V6

amuck-landowner