amuck-landowner

NinjaHawk Purchased By One of the Giants* of the VPS Industry

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
My name is Daniel Daskaloski and I am the owner and CEO of tmzVPS LLC. I am pleased to give you some exciting news.

tmzVPS.com has acquired NinjaHawk as of 01/08/2013, but NinjaHawk will still continue to operate as its own standalone brand under our ownership. Now I am sure you are asking yourself, "What does this mean for me and my business?" Well it means a lot of great things. For example:

24/7 Ticket Support with 30 minute guaranteed response time

Faster servers with SSD Acceleration

24/7 Live Chat Support

Premium Network

And many more…

Before we proceed further we would like to introduce ourselves so that you know who you are dealing with, a bit better. TMZHosting/tmzVPS has been around for 8+ Years now. Our management team has over 15 years of combined webhosting experience. We have been operating as a privately owned business from the beginning. One of the few things we are proud of is the relationship with our clients. We are very personal & upfront with our clients. At the end of the day you are the one to put food on our table for our families. We are committed to providing the best support and services possible to every NinjaHawk client. Below, we will explain the changes that will be made.

I cannot express enough how good this is for NinjaHawk and its clients. NinjaHawk will continue to operate as its own standalone brand. The website will be updated with new plans and it will be shortly given a face lift. You will still use the same support system as before. It will take some time for these things to be implemented but we request you to bare with us.

All of the existing clients will be migrated to our network and servers. Our network uptime has been 100% for the past year. Our servers are designed to be very reliable, stable and fast. They all have SSD-Acceleration enabled and we provide FREE Backups to all of our clients to an offshore location in case of an emergency. All of this is included in your plan. There will be NO PRICE CHANGES to your current plans. More information on the migration of services will follow in a separate e-mail. We want our clients to know that we will try to make this transition as smooth as possible.

I highly appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and we look forward to a very bright year ahead!  You will finally receive the support, speed & reliability that you deserve from now on. If you currently have ANY recurring subscription with NinjaHawk we request that you cancel it immediately. Once you get your new invoice you can set it up with us.

Once again we appreciate you reading this, and we look forward to working with you. tmzVPS would like to welcome you. There is no doubt that you will have nothing but happiness with our services and friendly staff.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail and we will gladly answer them.

Best Regards,

Daniel Daskaloski

Chief Executive Officer

TMZHosting/tmzVPS LLC

If you are satisfied with our service, feel free to spread the words with your peers and online communities. If you are facing any type of issue, don't hesitate to contact us. We will do our level best to find a solution for you.

*thread title is obvious sarcasm...TMZ's owner claimed on WHT earlier this year that they had higher revenues than KnownHost.

edited to add:

All of the existing clients will be migrated to our network and servers.
TMZ's locations are Los Angeles and London so everyone in Ninja's's locations in NYC, Dallas, and Tempe can look forward to a migration (this comes right after the UK location was closed).

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Ah TMZ, a graduate of the Adam school of business.

The reason they get good reviews is because they paid for good reviews.

Every time a bad review would hit WHT, 2 - 3 good ones would show up within 72 hours.

It wasn't just a 'sometimes' thing, it was clock work and was pointed out by more than just myself.

This little fad went on for the better part of a year with TMZ claiming we were all just haters.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Ah TMZ, a graduate of the Adam school of business.

The reason they get good reviews is because they paid for good reviews.

Every time a bad review would hit WHT, 2 - 3 good ones would show up within 72 hours.

It wasn't just a 'sometimes' thing, it was clock work and was pointed out by more than just myself.

This little fad went on for the better part of a year with TMZ claiming we were all just haters.

Francisco
I seem to remember a LOT of drama with these guys, a lot of it in the Premium section on WHT. A bunch of the reviews are the wife of the owner iirc?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I seem to remember a LOT of drama with these guys, a lot of it in the Premium section on WHT. A bunch of the reviews are the wife of the owner iirc?
There was proof that some were family members and such (wife, etc), not sure how many or if any were on WHT or just other sites.

They left hostdime but never explained why. I'm all for HD eating dick but still makes me wonder what went on.

Francisco

KuJoe

Verified Provider
For some reason, somebody on WHT decided to unload on me with a huge rant about TMZ out of the blue. They had links to tons of PasteBin documents with proof that the reviews were either by staff or paid for and even included links to Facebook profiles linking the reviews to staff. Like now, I didn't care about TMZ at all so I told them to contact the WHT staff with that information but I'm not sure if they did. I wish I kept the PM now but at the time I was pissed about something unrelated and this unwelcome PM got deleted just as quickly as it came in.

All of that being said, I'm a bit disappointed that NinjaHawk died like this. They were one of the few hosts from LET that I had high hopes for and reminded me a lot of how SD grew. Oh well.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Well, I'm sure the company was fine, but the owner was pretty arrogant. Very similar impression I get from the guy who owns TMZ. A match made in heaven :)

Hxxx

There was proof that some were family members and such (wife, etc), not sure how many or if any were on WHT or just other sites.

They left hostdime but never explained why. I'm all for HD eating dick but still makes me wonder what went on.

Francisco
Bad experience with HD? I would like to know a little about that ^ ^ Care to share? XD

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Bad experience with HD? I would like to know a little about that ^ ^ Care to share? XD

tl;dr - they owe use 600$ from years back, and have no intent of paying up.
As the horse said:

We used them many many moons ago. They sold us a dual proc XEON for a good deal (was like $99/month because it was via a friend that worked there). All was fine. Network was good for the most part and their staff handled things well.

... 3 months into it they decided they didn't want to honour the deal anymore and not only retroactively bumped our price and threw a $600 bill on our account, they rate limited the box to 1mbit/sec, making it impossible to pull our data and go.

Manny then calls me and says 'Hey man its just business, I hope this doesnt soil any future dealings with us....'. Sagonet was really good to us

and cut us a deal on a new box and even did setup on the weekend to get our data moving.

Earlier last year Manny messaged me and said he would "right any wrong doings" but of course, he went silent.

One of their techs, Paul, offered me " a few months free hosting " in exchange for dropping the hate I throw their way every couple months.

If you want to ear a novel of stories you should get Kris in here. He has a mountain of them.

EDIT - I should clarify "us". At the time this happened, the only project I personally ran was a decently popular IRC network (5k - 6k users at peak).

We hosted a lot of the community sites as well. This wasn't done with Frantech or BuyVM, only I personally.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Didn't we catch them posting fake pictures of their office on wht? This is too bad. Ninjahawk is a solid company, or was aleast when seriesN was running the show. I know him personally and know he has real life brick and mortar business he runs so I hope this is due to the ongoing success of that store.

EDIT: Yikes. Reviewing some conversational history over the past couple years involving TMZ I can see there was a lot of questionable things. Everything from fake reviews written by his wife, and overall public exaggeration to try to appear to larger than they are, and of course this questionable check they claim a client pays them each month: http://screencast.com/t/YQXv1SAlFMh that they posted publicly.

NinjaHawk was a sollid brand, I had a VPS with them for quite some time and although I recently canceled it wasn't performance related. (Just didn't need it anymore) I hope that quality stays the same and the TMZ connection isn't going to kill it.

Mun

Never Forget
Ill be quite annoyed if they dont have IPv6 on there network, to the point Ill be asking for my 12 year plan refunded because I wont have the things I need. Also there client portal is down.

Mun

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Probably can find some "interesting" crap on TMZ Hosting and Daniel on Digital Point. I'd dig stuff up for you, but I'm a bit tired atm being that it's almost 4:30 AM.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
If you're a WHT prem member just have a browse through the last years posts in the premium section and you'll find out everything you need to know.

Yes, his wife was posting reviews. Yes, they were paying people to write reviews (a lot of them from fiverr - they were coached and given IP addresses to provide the mods when challenged..!) As others have also said, they have come up with fake cheques and documents to try and seem bigger than they are.

Also, in case anyone hadn't noticed, Daniel is a narcissist and most likely borderline psychopath.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
If you're a WHT prem member just have a browse through the last years posts in the premium section and you'll find out everything you need to know.

Yes, his wife was posting reviews. Yes, they were paying people to write reviews (a lot of them from fiverr - they were coached and given IP addresses to provide the mods when challenged..!) As others have also said, they have come up with fake cheques and documents to try and seem bigger than they are.

Also, in case anyone hadn't noticed, Daniel is a narcissist and most likely borderline psychopath.
So why aren't they banned?

Francisco

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No idea - I've long had suspicions that some kind of financial back handers are going on. I mean, lets face it, you and I both know some of the really dodgy shit that's gone on with TMZ (and all the historical stuff... ). The fact they're still around on WHT while others aren't indicates there must be something going on.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
He was banned for a while, but somehow he got unbanned.He's been shady since the beginning.

amuck-landowner