amuck-landowner

NON-CC GVH

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I suspect the new location was setup in a rush to distance himself from Colocrossing amidst the recent week's drama. I think it's a good move to diversify, and I think there are more people who are seeking non-CC hosting now than there are people seeking CC-specific hosting. With that said, it was rushed.

While I've given GVH-Jon shit in the past, and perhaps will again in the future, he takes it well. Other youngsters would get mad and throw public hissy fits and further damage their credibility, he on the other hand does seem to be making some positive progress in actually listening to suggestions.

iSky

just to make this was sound interesting

the payment invoice confirmation and the suspension of my services was thrown into my spam box

LoL it was the yahoo filter, i never set it as spam

so maybe their email was flaged by yahoo as spam

Wintereise

just to make this was sound interesting

the payment invoice confirmation and the suspension of my services was thrown into my spam box

LoL it was the yahoo filter, i never set it as spam

so maybe their email was flaged by yahoo as spam
Owing to the recent incidents (about alleged compromises), and the fact that Yahoo hasn't been on par with other large email service providers for years now -- you should probably seek another provider to host your mail.

They're also impossible to work with from a mail-server administrator's perspective.

Kadar

Verified Provider
Part 2 -

Valued Clients,

A couple of things to note regarding the srv3 migration today:

1) Due to some suggestions and feedback, the new server will be a Dual Xeon E5-2620 (12 physcial cores, 24 logical cores)

2) The migration will occur at 1:00 PM Central Time today and may take a time span of a few days. Clients will be responsible for checking periodically to see if their website has been migrated (this will be explained further in this email)

3) The nameserver IP addresses will be 205.234.159.58 and 205.134.159.59

Once your account has migrated over, you'll be able to login to your cPanel and/or WHM using these links:
cPanel: https://205.234.159.58:2083WHM

: https://205.234.159:2087

Once the migration has completed, we'll change the nameserver IP addresses for ns5 and ns6.securenetworkpanel.com

If you are using custom nameservers, change your nameserver IPs immediately after your website is migrated.

An email will be sent out upon completion of the migration. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via our helpdesk.

Kind Regards,

GreenValueHost open.gif

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Who writes this stuff?  The pain!

"Clients will be responsible for checking periodically to see if their website has been migrated (this will be explained further in this email)"

Why should clients have to frantically monitor their stuff to determine if a migration has happened?  If something is going to take days, I'd expect accounts to be gone through in some order where techs and support are integrated and notifying customers as they go.

Kadar

Verified Provider
Did anyone else notice the last octave of the ip is missing? My uptime monitor has been going crazy with the server going down all day today.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah I think its funny, and sadly its not non CC :( its using CC in chicago
The kid only went non CC in hmmm... 

Let's see, ahh the shared hosting was ServerMania / is until that migration happens... Which is a CC partner.

New Texas offer for wild VPS (although somewhat reduced from totally wild prior) is ServerHub... I might have ahh previously said some linkage going on... But they did that whole NO-CC-HERE photo thing.

Yeah, looks like more and plenty of CC here with GVH.

I am digging the diversion though, almost got me with that NO-CC thing .  I know it's hard getting off the nipple and kicking the habit.  Especially when they make those crazy sales akin to dope peddlers  hooking folks on their drugs.  I give the kid credit, a half step still counts.

Kadar

Verified Provider
Valued Clients,

We are sending out this email to you today to explain the recent and current TX3 downtime, IO, and connectivity issues.

We've recently been informed that all of the recent downtime, IO, and connectivity issues with TX3 are stemming from network related issues. Our upstream provider for our TX3 node, ServerHub, has been having network connectivity issues in their Dallas location the entire month, and we've just received yet another notification from them telling us that they're taking the Dallas network offline for another two hours to perform maintenance. This is around the ballpark of the 5th time this month they've done this.

We're currently working with ServerHub to have this resolved as soon as possible and we are doing all we can to fix this issue, however we do not have control of the network and we're waiting for the upstream network provider (Level 3) to diagnose this issue and have it resolved.

As of right now the GreenValueHost team has decided that we will no longer be going forward with ServerHub for any new node deployments and will be utilizing direct Quadranet as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

GreenValueHost

EMayes1991

Valued Clients,

We are sending out this email to you today to explain the recent and current TX3 downtime, IO, and connectivity issues.

We've recently been informed that all of the recent downtime, IO, and connectivity issues with TX3 are stemming from network related issues. ----SNIP----

I've been lurking here for a long time and I think this is where I put my foot down and post.
My VPS has been in Texas, it's been one problem after another with these guys. First disk speed are in the 20MB\s on SSD caching nodes, then the network goes down for two hours.

It feels like you are blaming IO speeds on "issues related to the network." I do not think these guys are using iSCSI to say that. We get lies, lies and more lies. All we have is empty promises and nothing more from GreenValueHost. Its nice how the email throws ServerHub under the bus immediately but they cannot account for their actions.

I think Alexander @ HostUS made a large mistake combining with these guys. I think he will be infected with the ego attitude as well as poor support and services.

hellogoodbye

Where was this letter posted? If it was sent out as an email, I never received it and I'm on the TX3 node.

(Yes, I've checked my spam folder as well.)

telephone

Valued Clients,

We've recently been informed that all of the recent downtime, IO, and connectivity issues with TX3 are stemming from network related issues. Our upstream provider for our TX3 node, ServerHub, has been having network connectivity issues in their Dallas location the entire month, and we've just received yet another notification from them telling us that they're taking the Dallas network offline for another two hours to perform maintenance. This is around the ballpark of the 5th time this month they've done this.

We're currently working with ServerHub to have this resolved as soon as possible and we are doing all we can to fix this issue, however we do not have control of the network and we're waiting for the upstream network provider (Level 3) to diagnose this issue and have it resolved.

As of right now the GreenValueHost team has decided that we will no longer be going forward with ServerHub for any new node deployments and will be utilizing direct Quadranet as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

GreenValueHost

EYXIpG9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GVH-Jon

Banned
If a confirmation is needed to verify our statements further I can contact our upstream and ask them to make a public statement confirming the facts in our email as true.

EMayes1991

If a confirmation is needed to verify our statements further I can contact our upstream and ask them to make a public statement confirming the facts in our email as true.
Is it true the network made the disks slower?

http://i.imgur.com/IHnjEb5.png

We were not lying when we said that the issues were due to our upstream. This is a screenshot of part of the conversation that we had with our ServerHub account manager.
Sorry, my english is bad, I did not mean this time, but in general.

"This is around the ballpark of the 5th time this month they've done this." This seems rather unprofessinal to say to your clients.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
It has been a very recent occurrence for L3 issues. I have seen a few on the outages list this week and last I think, just skimming. Though I dont know if its related or even in the same area.

That said the problem is obvious, same issues every time though it may be a perfect opportunity for GVH to blame some recent networking issue nothing says inexperience than 800+ accounts on 1 server and a statement saying that IO issues are related to a L3 networking incident.

Is this the same 'srv3' thats been in other discussions or is 'tx3' different. I assume the number just starts at three, per location.

GVH-Jon

Banned
The low IO was found to be stemming from a client on our tx3 node whom was migrating & backing up a very large number of cPanel accounts over to his VPS hosted on our tx3 node simotaneously. As you may already be aware of, these take up a lot of processes. In order for the client to get everything done as soon as possible we did NOT throttle his port speed. All the downtime/network connectivity issues that have been happening have severely impacted/interrupted this process and it had to take longer and longer and longer, and thus this is how the network issues affected IO. We weren't going to suspend this client because they were using their VPS for a legitimate purpose and their high usage was only temporary.

EMayes1991

Is this the same 'srv3' thats been in other discussions or is 'tx3' different. I assume the number just starts at three, per location.
srv3 is in Buffalo New York I think. 3 must be an unlucky number

The low IO was found to be stemming from a client on our tx3 node whom was migrating & backing up a very large number of cPanel accounts over to his VPS hosted on our tx3 node simotaneously.
BS right here sir. Why would someone migrate from Tx3 to Tx3?

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner