amuck-landowner

ocz ssd 128gb + PrimoCache 4GB cache disk io

k0nsl

Bad Goy
@texteditor

The highlighted bit. Ya, maybe that is so  :lol:

Five Agility 3's in operation since 2010 makes you quite an outlier; you must have the same kind of luck with drives that I do with regards to failures, I have 10 or so WD Greens that have been running for years, no failed drives so far, despite how troublesome they are for many people.

wcypierre

"Hi, Joe's Datacenter?  How much to colo my laptop?"
"Just $10/year son, with 100TB of 10gbps premium Asian Optimized IP, only for you, and just for you son"

back to topic, how's the warranty for OCZ after they've declared bankruptcy?

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
I've personally seen too many problems with both SSDs from OCZ (variety of ages, series, capacities, firmwares) and the WD Green drives to the point at which I'll never use either. 

The newer WD Blue drives like the WD10EZEX are fantastic low cost options. a Green is not worth the price.

And don't get me started on Shitgate. Oh, I mean Seagate :D

Of course for servers WD RE4 and Samsung 840 Pro or nothing at all :)

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
you know Joe's would probably be more than willing to colo a laptop
They offered to sell me a P3 laptop as a dedicated server when I asked for something slower than the P4 they were offering (long story short, it is helpful to 'slow things down' when you are looking to optimize the fast path in an application).

They never did give me a specific on pricing, I wound up determining that using speedstep to clock a P4 down to 500mhz was most likely slower than the P3 due to NetBurst being horrendous.

Not to ramble but given they offered a laptop as a dedicated server, they would indeed, probably colo one.

edit: typo fix

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
They offered to sell me a P3 laptop as a dedicated server when I asked for something slower than the P4 they were offering (long story short, it is helpful to 'slow things down' when you are looking to optimize the fast path in an application).

They never did give me a specific on pricing, I wound up determining that using speedstep to clock a P4 down to 500mhz was most likely slower than the P3 due to NetBurst being horrendous.

Not to ramble but given they offered a laptop as a dedicated server, they would indeed, probably colo one.

edit: typo fix
On the upside, this is the easiest way to get battery backup at Joe's without bringing a huge UPS since I don't think they have generators or battery backup.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
My home laptop turned desktop has an Extended Life battery at 100% of original capacity (it didn't get used much). It could idle for probably close to 5 hours if it really needed to, though it's set to hibernate after 30 minutes on battery.

Taronyu

Enjoy it while it last. When it comes to OCZ, that means you don't have long

also a hearty lol at using an OS that requires you to get third-party software to create a ram disk
Using a OCZ drive in my laptop and desktop without any problems for years now. :)

amuck-landowner