amuck-landowner

Official: Comcast to Buy Time Warner for $45 billion

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Comcast has offered to buy Time Warner shares for $158.82 per share in a buyout deal worth $45 billion.

Charter Communications is involved in the deal to carve up the assets to meet regulatory scrutiny.

Nothing like the duopoly becoming a monopoly in the cable world.  Sad to see this deal like most of these mega mergers.   Time Warner customers stand to get better pricing and improved network, as both have been lacking for many years.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Good, the US needs more native IPv6 in homes. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Wow should that go through I'm buying transit from Comcast. All the eyeball.
Honestly?  I think Cox has more eyeballs than TWC.

Most of TWC's systems are rural except for a couple of metros.  Cox has more metro systems than TWC by far.

Richard Leik

Verified Provider
I have Comcast Business Class at home... even before the storm it already went down intermittently. Plus the support sucks. I'd say this isn't good for consumers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Neither TWC or Comcast is winning any awards... Both are PoS.

FCC to rubberstamp the deal?  You betcha.   Minimal breaking of a piece or market off here or there.

Most likely to be chopped or spun off - Comcast's business unit.  Remember Time Warner did that with it's backbone/carrier company.

Dylan

Honestly?  I think Cox has more eyeballs than TWC.

Most of TWC's systems are rural except for a couple of metros.  Cox has more metro systems than TWC by far.
"A couple of metros" doesn't really give NYC, LA, and Dallas their due worth. The only big city Cox has is Phoenix.

Anyways, supposedly this would give Comcast a 30% pay TV market share if you include satellite (DirecTV is pretty big), which is definitely a lot but not a monopoly. That might get them past the FCC.

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Neither TWC or Comcast is winning any awards... Both are PoS.

FCC to rubberstamp the deal?  You betcha.   Minimal breaking of a piece or market off here or there.

Most likely to be chopped or spun off - Comcast's business unit.  Remember Time Warner did that with it's backbone/carrier company.
Even so, every once and awhile someone says a good thing about Comcast. I have never heard anything good about TWC

amuck-landowner