amuck-landowner

Panels Panels Panels..

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
I decided to get VPSM going because of SolusVM and the other panels begin made. The VPS industry has no quality FOSS option and nobody wants to spend time or money building one so we (Secure Dragon and DimeCadmium) are. It won't be flashy or feature packed, but it will be 100% FOSS and production friendly.
@KuJoe You can base the fron end on Bootstrap or Foundation 4 and it will be plenty good looking ;-) Codecanyon.net offers now some really nice Boostrap skins so I doubt that looks will be a problem. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing a first Alpha/Beta release.

Zen

I'm behind CVM, BlueCP, and VPSM. I really hope at least one of them succeeds. So long as I can get my hands on it, add to it, and possibly contribute - I'm happy. Really sad that Capisso just announced they're going closed-source..that's a no go now.

concerto49

Verified Provider
I'm behind CVM, BlueCP, and VPSM. I really hope at least one of them succeeds. So long as I can get my hands on it, add to it, and possibly contribute - I'm happy. Really sad that Capisso just announced they're going closed-source..that's a no go now.
Looks like I should open source it just for you :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
@KuJoe You can base the fron end on Bootstrap or Foundation 4 and it will be plenty good looking ;-) Codecanyon.net offers now some really nice Boostrap skins so I doubt that looks will be a problem. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing a first Alpha/Beta release.
That'll be up to the end-users/developer. I'll be using VPSM as a WHMCS plugin so I've been working on a basic control panel for inside WHMCS. It'll use my WHMCS template which is Bootstrap so it should be pretty enough to look at. :)

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Because I might :) There are a few hosts that would be able to use it with minimal issue or with minor tweaks. It isn't suited for the general public though.

It all comes down to 'do I like you? do I like your company? do I want to give you a huge advantage in the market?'

Francisco
Sounds like a lottery winner. "Hey I'm so and so, I work for XX and did this with you. Could you loan me some money?"

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Sounds like a lottery winner. "Hey I'm so and so, I work for XX and did this with you. Could you loan me some money?"
I guess :) For many it would be. You get away from solus with a platform that's a complete drop in but you get the full source to?

Francisco

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I guess :) For many it would be. You get away from solus with a platform that's a complete drop in but you get the full source to?

Francisco
That would be a win-win as long as whoever you trust with it doesn't try selling it themselves or throwing it anonymously on Pastebin or something, but you're a good judge of character so that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe consider throwing a unique identifier in the code so you can track it down in case somebody wants to be stupid. I know it's pretty negative of me but I've seen a lot of good people getting screwed over lately so I'm a bit over protective right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That would be a win-win as long as whoever you trust with it doesn't try selling it themselves or throwing it anonymously on Pastebin or something
Wouldn't be all that much of a win for us, since duplication diminishes value.  But aye, the trust issue is my primary concern.

@Francisco this pretty much sums up what I'm thinking...

Seriously, just stop.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
So what's the chance that even 20% of these so called VPS panels actually going into action?
Cloudware is already in production for a long time now.  Same with Francisco's Stallion v1.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Did I read this from you a few time before or is it just deja vu?
@vanarp you probably did. I think very highly of Fran and Aldryic and the work that they're doing. There has been allot of talk about Stallion 2, screenshots posted, etc., and the results speak for themselves. They inspired me to work even harder and be better at what I am doing, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner