amuck-landowner

Personal Pet Peeves

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Buckeyes... Ever see them drive? I'm sure they drive bad in your town too!
Ohioans drive horribly since their roads were planned by complete idiots.  Really.   

There are roads named the same thing within blocks of one another, one might be Road and other Street.   Many of the towns while grids failed to adhere to Main Street and incremental numbers and or A-Z lettering.  They just named things whatever.

Put all that together with the bleak multiple decade depression in Ohio and mass disinvestment in infrastructure and you get what you get.

Can't forget that Ohio has no annual automobile inspection either.  So people drive unmaintained crap heaps around and that makes driving more challenging/dangerous (especially now when average vehicle on US roads is 11+ years old).

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
^^^^^ yep!!

In my neck of the woods, a buckeye is any Ohio driver. Some of the worst drivers I've seen. And yes, Professor. :) (among many other hats!)
If you're a fan of Ohio State (or a professor there), we may or may not be enemies  ;)

Are you a friend?  Or are you a foe?  TELL ME

ThePrimeHost

Verified Provider
1) Pet Peeve Threads...

2) People who complain too much

3) People with "Just enough" knowledge to break things

4) Pissants who tailgate you whilst driving

5) Peasants who try to talk you down on pricing (Do as I say not a I do!)

6) People who are inconsiderate 

There's more but I don't wish to develop carpal tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:

shawn_ky

If you're a fan of Ohio State (or a professor there), we may or may not be enemies  ;)

Are you a friend?  Or are you a foe?  TELL ME
There is only one team in this country that matters... GO BIG BLUE!   

I am a professor at the community college system in Kentucky and adjunct for WKU... No love for OSU whatsoever!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
There is only one team in this country that matters... GO BIG BLUE!   

I am a professor at the community college system in Kentucky and adjunct for WKU... No love for OSU whatsoever!
You're ok in my books.  Proceed.

Totally unrelated I actually visited UK (and by visited i mean road tripped down there to visit our brothers there) when it was their homecoming game a few years back.  Found Qdoba that did late night breakfast (seriously a drunken midnight Qdoba breakfast burrito place).  I liked Kentucky.  

1) Pet Peeve Threads...

2) People who complain too much

3) People with "Just enough" knowledge to break things

4) Pissants who tailgate you whilst driving

5) Peasants who try to talk you down on pricing (Do as I say not a I do!)

6) People who are inconsiderate 

There's more but I don't wish to develop carpal tunnel.
Then why did you reply to this thread?  haha

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
An addendum to my list.

1. People who are total a**holes while driving. PERSON WHO NEARLY REARENDED ME 3 TIMES TODAY I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

2. People who don't move over for a stopped Police officer. How would YOU like it if crazy. Drivers went 60+ MPH inches away from you?

3. People who drive aggressively and make multiple unsafe lane changes ALMOST causing a crash.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
An addendum to my list.

1. People who are total a**holes while driving. PERSON WHO NEARLY REARENDED ME 3 TIMES TODAY I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

2. People who don't move over for a stopped Police officer. How would YOU like it if crazy. Drivers went 60+ MPH inches away from you?

3. People who drive aggressively and make multiple unsafe lane changes ALMOST causing a crash.
Is there a story to this?  did this happen today?

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
How observant. As it happens it did. On a long 7-8 hour drive from Oregon to Boise, Idaho. Drivers on I-84 and I-205 are crazy.

amuck-landowner