amuck-landowner

PhoenixVPS to leave Phoenix, ColoCrossing in their future.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Well I really do not think this is a appropriate thread to be discussing this in, regardless instead of conversing about how to resolve this, it is apparent this was done with no intention on working out a very simple issue. Changing to falsified information, showing your intention to call our correspondence as spam and saying that the service received was lackluster with no information on why.

Linking to a unrelated incident as above just makes me think you have some alternative agenda and just seems overall harsh in general.

I have closed your account with us and I am sorry your experience was less than expected.

edit*

Tangent. The linked thread is a customer who had shown to not be truthful and actually continued to use a service into a new term etc. If you are trying to establish some sort of collusion for us to unnecessarily bill people you are incorrect.

I feel as if you think we did harm or wrong in some way. As mentioned there is our feedback link in tickets that is not tied to a account, should you wish to provide any.

Last edited by a moderator:

fcfc

If you say so.

You know my email (and yes its it's valid and messages will get to me) if you wish to follow up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
If you say so.

You know my email (and yes its it's valid and messages will get to me) if you wish to follow up.
Changing your {email}+spam@gmail = bouce

The ticket automated response about it being opened:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@gmail.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns;gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com (74.125.196.27)

Feb, 19, 2014 6:18AM

It seems like you were not really expecting a outcome of anything but just to get some sort of response.

Hopefully your next host meets all of your expectations.

fcfc

Changing your {email}+spam@gmail = bouce

The ticket automated response about it being opened:

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@gmail.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns;gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com (74.125.196.27)

Feb, 19, 2014 6:18AM

It seems like you were not really expecting a outcome of anything but just to get some sort of response.

Hopefully your next host meets all of your expectations.
Remove the modifier then.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Why do you allow clients to abruptly change details w/o contacting you in the first place?
I don't see anything wrong with a user changing details. Sometimes addresses and numbers change!

We do have a full log that snapshots any setting change. So yes the ability is there to revert or reference changes. Most of the time when a full profile change occurs we like to reach out and make sure no compromise has occurred etc.

Though its obvious when a user changes every field to "n/a" theirs really no desire to communicate.

Another good reason for the logging is I have seen some instances of users signing up under semi real information to bypass something like a fraud check and then change it after a order to some random useless information.

Artie

Both of the 2 scenarios you stated could be avoided by not allowing them to change it w/o contacting you.

There's also the added benefits that those old exploits don't work since it uses First Name for the SQL injection.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Both of the 2 scenarios you stated could be avoided by not allowing them to change it w/o contacting you.

There's also the added benefits that those old exploits don't work since it uses First Name for the SQL injection.
I definitely see why this type of option may be used. I know if anyone uses WHMCS there is a config for this exact thing.

Regardless I dont see a reason why we should restrict the freedom to alter personal contact information for all when %1 will abuse it.

I actually am not sure what this is referring to or what the statement means. What old exploits are being discussed?

amuck-landowner