amuck-landowner

Poor experience with ServerHub

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I contacted Paypal asking where I stood and explained the situation.  They decided to open a claim themselves on that basis.

Still no word from Serverhub, that's 5 days now (3 business days) without any kind of contact.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBGN-Doug

Verified Provider
I contacted Paypal asking where I stood and explained the situation.  They decided to open a claim themselves on that basis.

Still no word from Serverhub, that's 5 days now (3 business days) without any kind of contact.
No phone number to call? 

Virtovo

Verified Provider
No phone number to call? 
It appears not.  Still no word from them.  Yesterday I emailed the CEO directly and moved the status of my ticket to critical. Just spoke to Paypal.  If they don't reply to them I'll get a refund after 10 days.  It's a real shame the money is tied up for so long.

Not sure if a WHT thread would grease the wheels.  I've always been against those kind of threads, but when a company refuses to reply what else do you do?

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
It appears not.  Still no word from them.  Yesterday I emailed the CEO directly and moved the status of my ticket to critical. Just spoke to Paypal.  If they don't reply to them I'll get a refund after 10 days.  It's a real shame the money is tied up for so long.

Not sure if a WHT thread would grease the wheels.  I've always been against those kind of threads, but when a company refuses to reply what else do you do?
While I am not a fan of those kinds of threads, and question the efficacy of them (do people really read WHT when making hosting decisions -- my own data shows: not really), it may indeed get a response.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Judging if a post on WHT would get a reaction can basically be determined by checking past threads folks have opened about the company.  If they came in and resolved the situation, one way or another, then it may be worth a shot.

While I am not a fan of those kinds of threads, and question the efficacy of them (do people really read WHT when making hosting decisions -- my own data shows: not really), it may indeed get a response.
Generally true.  Although quite amusingly (if a bit off topic), one of our better clients learned about us from one of our negative reviews on WHT.  When we were first setting up the guy's account, he told me "I heard about you guys from a nasty review one of your clients posted.. but after reading the thread and seeing that even other companies, your competition, were stepping in to defend you, I knew I had to give you a try".

Virtovo

Verified Provider
At very least the WHT thread will give some info to those those who are researching Serverhub in the future.

Is it possible to get the Thread title changed to "Poor experience with Serverhub" the first paragraph of the opening post remove and 'company' changed to Serverhub in the first line of the second paragraph?  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
At very least the WHT thread will give some info to those those who are researching Serverhub in the future.

Is it possible to get the Thread title changed to "Poor experience with Serverhub" the first paragraph of the opening post remove and 'company' changed to Serverhub in the first line of the second paragraph?  
Your thread, your wish.

It should also be noted that because ServerHub is an advertiser here, I have a contact of theirs on Skype. I've linked my contact to this thread since they're not active in the community to let him know about the issue. I've not heard back either. :unsure:

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Your thread, your wish.

It should also be noted that because ServerHub is an advertiser here, I have a contact of theirs on Skype. I've linked my contact to this thread since they're not active in the community to let him know about the issue. I've not heard back either. :unsure:
Thanks,  I have both John and Ryan on Skype.  Not seen them online since before thursday.  Their last WHT login was Thursday also which is when all communication ceased.  I hope everything is OK with them.

BBGN-Doug

Verified Provider

That's unfortunate.  You have to do what you have to do sometimes.  At the end of the day you're paying for something that you're not receiving.  

I think people generally look and read the reviews, but at the end of the day, WHT shoppers are generally after the most attractive offer.  They would be willing to forgo a little reputation for a few saved $'s.

Thanks,  I have both John and Ryan on Skype.  Not seen them online since before thursday.  Their last WHT login was Thursday also which is when all communication ceased.  I hope everything is OK with them.
Interesting, keep us posted with this. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No CC here :)

Perhaps CC got them :)

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Well, finally got replies:

Posted on: 14 January 2014 06:05 PM 

hello Susan 

I am sorry that this was not responded to. This raid card is at our datacenter and this should have been scheduled. I am having Tyler and Brent confirm this. 

I will personally keep track of this. 

We will need you to confirm we can take the box offline 

John B | ServerHub® Customer Support

Dedicated Servers, Cloud VPS and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)

ServerHub® | superior network & server technologies

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/ServerHub

Use of our services constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement 

which may be located here: http://www.serverhub.com/help/policies/useragreement.php

© Serverhub is a registered service mark of Eonix Corporation in the United States, Canada and other countries.

John B

Staff

Posted on: 14 January 2014 06:27 PM 

Susan 

It appears this ticket blackholed as being on hold in our system 

I sincerely apologize. This is absolutely not a reflection of our business and we will absolutely make this right for you. 

Tyler, chase and Brent will be updating you further and I will be reaching out on Skype to you in a few hours 

John B | ServerHub® Customer Support

ServerHub® | superior network & server technologies

which may be located here: http://www.serverhub.com/help/policies/useragreement.php

© Serverhub is a registered service mark of Eonix Corporation in the United States, Canada and other countries.

Tyler E

Staff

Posted on: 14 January 2014 07:21 PM 

Hello Susan,

As John mentioned several times, we do sincerely apologize for this very troublesome inconvenience and I can assure you that this is not how ServerHub conducts business. Due to all the trouble and lateness of the RAID card that was promised upon deployment, I've gone ahead and credited your account $439.99 and another $100 just for the trouble.

The scheduled delivery date for the card was today however UPS Customer Service confirmed confusion on the delivery as they tried delivering to the Suite next to us due to poor shipment labeling. Since we had no other deliveries today we could not catch them before they left and marked as "The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made." As mentioned we did contact UPS Customer service and it will be delivered tomorrow, 1/15/2014. UPS delivers to us between Noon and 3PM(MST) so as soon as it's delivered and in hand, we'll rush to get the RAID immediately replaced.

To avoid anything like this from ever happening again, my skype is tylere.serverhub, feel free to add me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Tyler E. | ServerHub® Customer Support & Networking | Level III

ServerHub® | Superior Network & Server Technologies

Susan

User

Posted on: 14 January 2014 11:05 PM 

I am afraid I cannot even consider moving forward with Serverhub on this. I've been ignored since Thursday, despite opening additional tickets (which should not be blackholed) and emailing you directly John. I've been on Skype seeing if you guys were online in the interim and even tried adding Ryan; however no one responded to my request. 

Please could you just issue a full refund. I'll await confirmation this has occurred.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Straight up strange.  I expected better from ServerHub.  Unsure what the problem is, but customers shouldn't be ignored like this.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
They have agreed to give a refund and have been extremely apologetic.  I can't say if this is the norm with Serverhub as it is my first experience with them and up until being ignored they were very polite and helpful. 

I'll update this thread when the refund is issued.

JohnSH

Virtovo,

I wanted to sincerely apologize for the the issues you experienced with some of your recent ticket response time and some other surrounding issues you discussed, it appears there were a few things that didn't transition as it should have.

Those hiccups absolutely do not meet our standards, and we have have already issued a full refund of your account back to your payment method on file, our customers always come first.

At ServerHub we are absolutely committed to providing you with the best experience and we understand you have many choices in the industry. Our customers come above all else.

We have provided you with a response to your email on file related to a previous ticket you have opened, and our previous offer of course still stands.

We would love for you to give us a chance to shine.

If you have any other questions please let us know as we are always here to help

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Just to update, that Serverhub bent over backwards after the initial problems.  The server was fully refunded and I was offered a chance to stay on free of charge in addition to being given personal contact information for key personnel.  I'll unlikely be continuing business with them; however, they have done the very best they can to resolve issues I experienced. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah well @Virtovo, looks like GreenValue is now dealing with oddnes / issues / etc. with ServerHub:

[20:19] <JonGV> RAID lost its configuration in the middle of the OS installation
[20:19] <JonGV> The SSD was attached to the RAID card which it shouldn't have been
[20:19] <JonGV> The hardware is faulty
[20:20] <JonGV> This isn't an issue with ServerHub. This is an issue with their remote hands in Dallas
[20:20] <JonGV> Whoever are their remote hands in Dallas needs to be immediately fired on the spot

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
[20:19] <JonGV> RAID lost its configuration in the middle of the OS installation

[20:19] <JonGV> The SSD was attached to the RAID card which it shouldn't have been

Three different excuses in one.  Smells like total BS to me.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Yeah well @Virtovo, looks like GreenValue is now dealing with oddnes / issues / etc. with ServerHub:

[20:20] <JonGV> This isn't an issue with ServerHub. This is an issue with their remote hands in Dallas

[20:20] <JonGV> Whoever are their remote hands in Dallas needs to be immediately fired on the spot
Oh really?

With my recent experiences I'd strongly suggest reconsidering your Dallas location. 

We have personal contacts, an assigned account manager, our own internal team of staff (with at least 4 tech staff available AT ALL TIMES around the clock), etc etc so I'm sure we won't be having any issues.

Right.  I won't bother wasting my time typing more.

My dual e5-2620 went offline with them yesterday (no IPMI etc).  I only hope they didn't give it to GVH, as I was still technically trying to troubleshoot the problem with them.

amuck-landowner