amuck-landowner

Post your ride

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Somebody left this baby out in the cold:

H5kiSY6.jpg

BACKSTORY: A few months ago I contacted the seller of this item about a 1975 (I think it was) Honda CB450... someone got the bike before me, but she had the above bike available 'soon' and wanted $850 for it... Too much, moved on.

I see today it became relisted, she's moving.... $200. It needs a new starter, but otherwise runs, she has the title, and needs some TLC.

Cleaned up, I think they look pretty nice:

kawasaki-kz440-ltd-2-6564.jpg

Even better when trying to make a bobber or cafe racer out of them:

motorcycle_monkee_46_1_1_1.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

kawasaki-kz400-kz400-custom-76127.jpg

Some of the modded ones are crazy good looking (I think).

I walk everywhere, have a bicycle too... will be nice to have a project to work on outside of the house this spring and will be cool to take on local camping trips. Can't wait to get it cleaned up and running over time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kakashi

Verified Provider
I just past my big bike test a few months ago so still have what I used to ride before with the restricted license. Can't justify getting anything new till the summer :

BRMB-23146-70554045610249(1).JPG

blergh

Verified Provider
I alsopassed my big bike exam

min-cykel1.jpg
Woo! That bicycle looks just like a bike anyone who works at "kommunhuset" would use. Don't forget your helmet!

OT;

bought a few more, will post pics later.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I just walk. Yes, I like to save the planet.
Me too. My car broke down in Missouri in 2012 and I just... left it there. Since then have been happily walking or bicycling. Though glad to have a project motorcycle to put around town on after I get it working properly.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
For my daily routine: Feet. I need about 15 minutes to my job. So no need for a car.

But as a father you need one of those family cars:

SkodaRoomster.jpg

switsys

Please tell me you've got carpet and a couch in the back, ha.
Of course !

The whole floor is carpeted and there's usually a fold-out couch/bed in the back (right now I'm using it to transport 'stuff').

The back-seat is also a 'sofa', at least one person can sleep in it.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
3xrBP1c.jpg

Just picked this up today. Needs work, namely new tires and a starter. Other than that, it seems to be in solid shape. Ugly as sin as the old owner abused her and spray painted it poorly in some areas.  I'll clean her up nice and get her purring like a kitten. All parts are on eBay and aftermarket stuff exists for damn near everything. The battery still has juice, got it charging right now. After that need to get it to turn over.

ThePrimeHost

Verified Provider
Screw that.

I did own a 'nice' 2001 Honda Accord LX. Had all the features. Leather seats, moon roof, six disc CD changer, the works. Last year it broke down on me on the outskirts of St. Louis and due to my financial situation at the time I couldn't get it fixed, and after sleeping in it for two nights (was 300+~ from home) I abandoned it and later got a check for the scrap value of the car (around $300, aka 1/10th the value). It may have been an easy fix. Anyhow, back to my home town now. I live within a mile of a grocery store, so I walk. A few blocks from a laundry mat, and while a PITA to carry a heavy basket of clothes there and back, I walk. Not having a car has been kind of nice, as sitting on my ass all day working has made me grown soft compared to the days I did physical labor. At least walking is some exercise I'd not be getting otherwise.

I've been looking at old, 1970's motorcycles lately. Almost bought one for <$400 (Honda Cb450, 1975 I believe) a couple months ago that just needed some new brake lines and a new seat, and some TLC. I'm looking to get something this Spring and making it a project bike. I'd actually love to get a CB450 or something similar, I love the look of them when they're all done up nice like this:

1975-Honda-CB550-by-Seawead-and-Gravel-2.jpg

Honda-CB550-seat.jpg

That bike is pure sexy.
My first bike was sub $450 honda. Not near as sweet as that classic ride shown above. I currently own a 2012 Harley 1200 Custom but I never ride it. I hit some gravel coming out of a stop sign in my neighborhood and laid it over. I repaired it but haven't had much desire to ride since.

Damn dude. I figured by then we'd have hover cars. How'd you got the model so early? Amazing!
My thoughts exactly! I LOL'ed.

Here's my 'eco'-ride.

Approximately 13 mpg.

myvan1.jpg
Don't forget Mr. T, Murdoch, Face and Hannibal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM

blergh

Verified Provider
I'm so jealous of those of you who can get bikes that cheap, people over here seem to think that it's only 50% off it's original price if it's over 10 years old.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Well, I am trying to sell my car so took it to the car wash today and snapped a couple photos.

I bought it for $800 and it runs like a crappy $800 car. Hoping to sell it and get a small truck like an S10 or Ford Ranger.

joF7wT1.jpg

Picture makes it look almost good... Paint is peeling off the top. Has scuffs in the front bumper. Rear taillight is busted out... Trunk doesn't latch (as you can see). I'm okay with all that as it's just cosmetic stuff but would love a properly running small truck!

amuck-landowner