Post Your Rides!!

Discussion in 'The Pub (Off topic discussion)' started by QuadraNet_Adam, May 5, 2017.

1. WestPlainsHosting

WestPlainsHosting New Member

May 14, 2017
    IMG_20170514_190926.jpg

Don't want to gloat but.... 2010 Shoebaru. 90 miles per cheeseburger! I have sweet chevroleg too but that's for another day.

earl likes this.
  2. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    They're importing Vans to Nordakoddah now? I didn't know any trade agreements were in place yet!

3. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    Ugh, as much as I postpostpost I hate making replies to myself except in jest. Got the seats done in Impala #1. Now it needs to be cleaned up and moved along its' merry way!

4. AuroraZero

AuroraZero Active Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Did not get mine in today. Good news is I found a fender for 65 bucks painted the right color even. Bad news is it is 150 miles away :/

Anyways got to find out what the hell is up with alignment first before it chews through tires like a Fat chick in a donut shop.

5. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    You should have a Les Schwab, even out in BFE. I just take my cars there for alignment- nobody else can afford the expensive equipment, and only once did they try playing the "these tires are too low to be legal" game- and that cost the manager his job. For $20, it's well worth a lifetime warranty- just don't aim for the potholes.

It amuses me that a 2-3 hour drive is something you don't want to endure.. you must hate the car. I once took a drive to San Francisco for lunch after losing a weekend putting out fires. Of course, gas wasn't $3/gal then. :D

6. AuroraZero

AuroraZero Active Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Do not mind the drive just hate the morons on Michigan roads. Like I need a howitzer to get anything done on them. Car is not bad it rides nice and has some pep for a 6 cylinder.

Gets good mileage as well, just need the time to get shit done for once.

7. raindog308

raindog308 vpsBoard Premium Member Moderator

May 16, 2013
    My current ride is a rental. It's a Chevy Cruze. It completely sucks balls for three reasons:

1. It's a GM product.

2. AutoStop. Nothing like rolling up to a stop sign on an 85-degree humid day and the airco and fans stop as the car shuts off. I couldn't believe that. That is so GM. Iffy idea, and then completely incompetently implemented. Yeah, there' s hacky way to turn it off but why should I have to? Also, the car is so poorly built that it shudders when it it power cycles. And yeah, the last two Cruzes I had as rentals did the same thing - typical GM quality. See #1.

3. The back window is so narrow and so high that cars vanish behind me. I watched as a Miata changed lanes behind me and it was completely invisible. So poorly engineered.

Ride before that was a Prius...wasn't wowed, but it was at least made by engineers. I'm not sure who makes GM products.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan Woohoo Administrator Verified Provider

May 27, 2013
    jonspw
    Why are you driving a rental?

9. AuroraZero

AuroraZero Active Member

Dec 18, 2013
    He likes to run over Millennials in his regular ride, so he gets rentals to hide from everyone. ☺

10. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    (#2/#3 are redundant)

The only thing possibly worse is a CVT Nissan Versa- I had one of those several years back, and it was so bad that we were literally fighting over who HAD to drive. I didn't want to since it couldn't get over 30mph in under a minute, and the liability/guilt if I got us run over by a cow at a fast trot.

Now that I've got the Impalas mostly-ready to leave the nest, I kind of want to keep one. I don't have a good excuse, but for crappy automatics with shitty fuel consumption, they're actually damn peppy. Of course, using plastic lincoln logs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040CZ3SS/?tag=vpsboard-20 to hold parts together, and leftover-pieces-of-furniture as braces so the whole thing doesn't get too tweaked in a minor fender-bender, welp.. I talked myself out of it. Plus, I need to pay that money back to the greedy church-dwelling money lenders.

@ChrisM Rewriting Amazon URLs with own code when no code was set? Tacky. Very tacky.

11. betatester

betatester New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    She's dirty and just back from getting some used shoes/tires installed.

2011 335d pushing 260RWHP/425FT-LBS at ~28 MPG.

IMG_20170322_170948.jpg

12. Jonathan

Jonathan Woohoo Administrator Verified Provider

May 27, 2013
    jonspw
    Purdy beamer!

13. betatester

betatester New Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Thanks, after 10 years of driving a Jetta TDI, this was a nice upgrade.

14. raindog308

raindog308 vpsBoard Premium Member Moderator

May 16, 2013
    Traveling.

I got a Cruze last time, too. Bastards.

15. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    Anyone wanna swap a nice euro turbo for a handful of domestic trash?

16. Lee

Lee Moderator Moderator Verified Provider

Mar 25, 2013
    I would like to post my ride. But she won't let me.

Ah, I am too funny for my own good.

17. WasNotWSS

WasNotWSS Member

May 5, 2017
    WalkTheDinosaur
    Appreciated. Some of us only have 1080p screens. :D

Lee likes this.
  18. ChrisM

ChrisM Cocktail Enthusiast Moderator Verified Provider

Apr 2, 2013
    Bought a 2017 Jeep Renegade a couple months ago! :)

VY7kKSp.jpg
    GSOjzDG.jpg

My Alabama custom internet personality License plate!

tIUZ6pm.jpg

I also have my Chromed out Chrysler.

6Hx4D1A.jpg

19. Coastercraze

Coastercraze Top Thrill Verified Provider

Mar 28, 2013
    I have assembled various things on a Cruze, mainly the dash and paint process. Depending on where the Cruze you're driving came from (on the driver's side door is a sticker where it's made, also the VIN will tell you too), I can say for sure at the very least, the US built ones are well built and our quality team do a very good job at making sure no defects leave the plant.

20. AuroraZero

AuroraZero Active Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Those come with the Dell or the flip flops. :p

Got the car on the rack, good news nothing bent or broken, bad news drivers tire is toed in so bad I think the camel lost a hump. So it is alignment time on Monday. Got the old girl some new shoes while I was there. Will post some pics AFTER I repair the fender and paint. o_O Freaken Millennials!!!!

ChrisM likes this.