amuck-landowner

Post Your Rides!!

WasNotWSS

Ugh, as much as I postpostpost I hate making replies to myself except in jest. Got the seats done in Impala #1. Now it needs to be cleaned up and moved along its' merry way!

AuroraZero

Did not get mine in today. Good news is I found a fender for 65 bucks painted the right color even. Bad news is it is 150 miles away :/

Anyways got to find out what the hell is up with alignment first before it chews through tires like a Fat chick in a donut shop.

WasNotWSS

You should have a Les Schwab, even out in BFE. I just take my cars there for alignment- nobody else can afford the expensive equipment, and only once did they try playing the "these tires are too low to be legal" game- and that cost the manager his job. For $20, it's well worth a lifetime warranty- just don't aim for the potholes.

It amuses me that a 2-3 hour drive is something you don't want to endure.. you must hate the car. I once took a drive to San Francisco for lunch after losing a weekend putting out fires. Of course, gas wasn't $3/gal then. :D

AuroraZero

Do not mind the drive just hate the morons on Michigan roads. Like I need a howitzer to get anything done on them. Car is not bad it rides nice and has some pep for a 6 cylinder.

Gets good mileage as well, just need the time to get shit done for once.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
My current ride is a rental. It's a Chevy Cruze. It completely sucks balls for three reasons:

1. It's a GM product.

2. AutoStop. Nothing like rolling up to a stop sign on an 85-degree humid day and the airco and fans stop as the car shuts off. I couldn't believe that. That is so GM. Iffy idea, and then completely incompetently implemented. Yeah, there' s hacky way to turn it off but why should I have to? Also, the car is so poorly built that it shudders when it it power cycles. And yeah, the last two Cruzes I had as rentals did the same thing - typical GM quality. See #1.

3. The back window is so narrow and so high that cars vanish behind me. I watched as a Miata changed lanes behind me and it was completely invisible. So poorly engineered.

Ride before that was a Prius...wasn't wowed, but it was at least made by engineers. I'm not sure who makes GM products.

WasNotWSS

1. It's a GM product.

(#2/#3 are redundant)

The only thing possibly worse is a CVT Nissan Versa- I had one of those several years back, and it was so bad that we were literally fighting over who HAD to drive. I didn't want to since it couldn't get over 30mph in under a minute, and the liability/guilt if I got us run over by a cow at a fast trot.

Now that I've got the Impalas mostly-ready to leave the nest, I kind of want to keep one. I don't have a good excuse, but for crappy automatics with shitty fuel consumption, they're actually damn peppy. Of course, using plastic lincoln logs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040CZ3SS/?tag=vpsboard-20 to hold parts together, and leftover-pieces-of-furniture as braces so the whole thing doesn't get too tweaked in a minor fender-bender, welp.. I talked myself out of it. Plus, I need to pay that money back to the greedy church-dwelling money lenders.

@ChrisM Rewriting Amazon URLs with own code when no code was set? Tacky. Very tacky.

betatester

She's dirty and just back from getting some used shoes/tires installed.

2011 335d pushing 260RWHP/425FT-LBS at ~28 MPG.

IMG_20170322_170948.jpg

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I would like to post my ride. But she won't let me.

Ah, I am too funny for my own good.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Bought a 2017 Jeep Renegade a couple months ago! :)

VY7kKSp.jpg
GSOjzDG.jpg

My Alabama custom internet personality License plate!

tIUZ6pm.jpg

I also have my Chromed out Chrysler.

6Hx4D1A.jpg

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
My current ride is a rental. It's a Chevy Cruze. It completely sucks balls for three reasons:

1. It's a GM product.

2. AutoStop. Nothing like rolling up to a stop sign on an 85-degree humid day and the airco and fans stop as the car shuts off. I couldn't believe that. That is so GM. Iffy idea, and then completely incompetently implemented. Yeah, there' s hacky way to turn it off but why should I have to? Also, the car is so poorly built that it shudders when it it power cycles. And yeah, the last two Cruzes I had as rentals did the same thing - typical GM quality. See #1.

3. The back window is so narrow and so high that cars vanish behind me. I watched as a Miata changed lanes behind me and it was completely invisible. So poorly engineered.

Ride before that was a Prius...wasn't wowed, but it was at least made by engineers. I'm not sure who makes GM products.

I have assembled various things on a Cruze, mainly the dash and paint process. Depending on where the Cruze you're driving came from (on the driver's side door is a sticker where it's made, also the VIN will tell you too), I can say for sure at the very least, the US built ones are well built and our quality team do a very good job at making sure no defects leave the plant.

AuroraZero

Bought a 2017 Jeep Renegade a couple months ago! :)

View attachment 5207
View attachment 5208

My Alabama custom internet personality License plate!

View attachment 5209

I also have my Chromed out Chrysler.

View attachment 5210

Those come with the Dell or the flip flops. :p

Got the car on the rack, good news nothing bent or broken, bad news drivers tire is toed in so bad I think the camel lost a hump. So it is alignment time on Monday. Got the old girl some new shoes while I was there. Will post some pics AFTER I repair the fender and paint. o_O Freaken Millennials!!!!

amuck-landowner