amuck-landowner

Post your workspace/workarea/job sites :D

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Nothing paritcularly special, a large desk because I also do my revision on it (pen and paper). All old/free equiptment, don't really see a need to get anything new, apart from a new chair of course. ;-)

I like how you just casually have a hard drive lying next to your mouse.

You know, no big deal.  

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
It's a WD Green drive, what else do you expect me to do? I actually got annoyed with it spinning up slowing read times on my normal drive because Windows for some reason wants to load all drives when launching a program for example. I thought of writing a script to keep it awake but meh, not worth the bother. :p

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It's a WD Green drive, what else do you expect me to do? I actually got annoyed with it spinning up slowing read times on my normal drive because Windows for some reason wants to load all drives when launching a program for example. I thought of writing a script to keep it awake but meh, not worth the bother. :p

I'll forgive you this time.  You better watch out for next time though!  Sounds like a personal problem!

Ok I'm done being rude haha.  

H4G

Verified Provider
397669_491028077606711_1276293656_n.jpg

This one's missing my new Asus Ultrabook. But yeah, I like being surrounded by all my systems :p

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I've got a stack of them on my desk too... all dead lol

joepie91

Nothing paritcularly special, a large desk because I also do my revision on it (pen and paper). All old/free equiptment, don't really see a need to get anything new, apart from a new chair of course. ;-)

EGGKtls.jpg
Why is your tower tilted sidewards?

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Why is your tower tilted sidewards?
My crappy graphics card fan makes some wierd noises when upright, probably needs lubing but it's easier just to move the tower. The hard drive is out of the tower anyway, probably can see the SATA cable a little bit in this picutre. Also it's easier to stick my feet over to keep them warm (my feet do hurt when I hit the CPU fan by accident hehe, spins pretty fast).

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
My crappy graphics card fan makes some wierd noises when upright, probably needs lubing but it's easier just to move the tower. The hard drive is out of the tower anyway, probably can see the SATA cable a little bit in this picutre. Also it's easier to stick my feet over to keep them warm (my feet do hurt when I hit the CPU fan by accident hehe, spins pretty fast).
lol i was wondering why it was tilted as well. i was like hmm.... maybe the case is like that it must be some sort of new style :D

SkylarM

Verified Provider
It's quite a mess, but meh!

HF4VbCj.jpg

Well damn the 22" on the far left side looks small as heck compared to the 2 27" 1440p screens. Yeesh. 

PC specs for those who care:
i7 3930k @ 4.5 (custom water loop)

32GB DDR3 2133Mhz ram

GTX670 4GB FTW (EVGA)

Samsung 840 Pro 240GB SSD, and 2TB disks in raid10 for kicks.

Fancy Pants audio setup, etc. (AT2035, Behringer Xenyx 802, Focusright Scarlett 2i2, Rode PSA1 mic stand)

A Jump From Let

397669_491028077606711_1276293656_n.jpg

This one's missing my new Asus Ultrabook. But yeah, I like being surrounded by all my systems :p
You can fit by yourself a wooden sliding shelf for keyboard and mouse,total cost is a few bucks and some hand work, but will make more work space, and keep you distant of your monitors.

H4G

Verified Provider
You can fit by yourself a wooden sliding shelf for keyboard and mouse,total cost is a few bucks and some hand work, but will make more work space, and keep you distant of your monitors.
I won't be able to slide in then :D

And the slider would hit the armrest of my chair.

A Jump From Let

But annoy the living shit out of your knees.
How so? 

I won't be able to slide in then   And the slider would hit the armrest of my chair.

Why not? are there wires/something downside? As for the chair you can minimize the distance between shelf and table. I've did it for my old table and it saved the day.

Or maybe an extension at the middle fixed from downside, to table level and doesn't slide.

fisle

You can disable the spindown from Windows' power options. That's what I did for my WD Green.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Update: Room mate moved out so I have room for a desk and free space in living room. Cheap Goodwill desk and chair.

TWB1b4H.jpg

Raspberry Pi check:

zQuqCPF.jpg

z4LwhC3.jpg

Not really doing anything with the Pi yet. Will be soon though.

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider
Currently staying in a hotel in Florida, so this is the temporarily computer i'm using: (Photo is bad, taken with a iPhone)

tjsgd.jpg

Eric1212

Verified Provider
Yikes, how do some of you guys sit on those chairs all day long without hurting yourself. Consider the long-term effects :p 

amuck-landowner