amuck-landowner

Post your workspace/workarea/job sites :D

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I like that laptop stand, what's it called?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JE7CMG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wrote an Amazon review for it and gave it 3 stars, though it could have been 5.

Just got this today, one day late. That's not Amazon's or the Roldex's fault, so that won't be considered when writing this review.

Was excited to get it setup in my home office, though was slightly disappointed that it's slightly crooked which causes my laptop to rest on it unevenly. Not the end of the world, but certainly an inconvenience both aesthetically and functionally when typing as using the keyboard causes the laptop to shift due to one corner not sitting flat with the surface beneath it.

Three stars seems fair enough. It's not bad. It's not good. It's alright. I'm not bothered enough to replace it or return it. I'm sure if you order one it may be fine.

FLDataTeK

Verified Provider
I won't post mine... It looks like a hurricane hit it so I will spare you all..  :)

But basically a glass desk with a laptop and a 24" monitor next to it and a filing cabinet.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
Damn, sexy office. Love the brick and the hardwood flooring.
Thanks, sir :)

And just to clear things up, NO the monitors are NOT mirrored.  I simply pulled up three copies of our website for the sake of the picture so I didn't have to blur things out lol.

I keep email, chat, code program (glorified notepad, KDE kate), calculator, and buddy list on the left.  Browser in the middle, and browser/shell on the right.

PS, sorry I didn't take a pic of my wife at a workstation ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

I need daily light nextime:

desk01.jpg

desk02.jpg

My NAS: is left 2x 2TB HDD Softraid, Intel Atom 525MW,  4GB DDR3, Ubuntu Server

Second PC: AMD Athlon X2, 500GB HDD with Ubuntu ,

Netbook: with Intel Atom idk which one, 2GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Ubuntu

Raspberry PI 256MB Reversion B with 16GB SD Card Debian Wheezy

My main PC with Windows 7 AMD Athlon X4, 64GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Intel Readon 6000HD

MiniITX: with Intel Atom 525MW, 1GB DDR3 and no disk <3

Also 1Gbit Switch, so i can transfer fast files to my NAS <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
@KnownHost-Jonathan What's the desk chair?
It's one of these: http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/chairs/product-prod3941096?R=23254942&ssp=true&fromUrl=TnRwYz0xJkQ9c2VydGErbWFuYWdlcnMmTnRwcj0xJk50eT0xJk50eD1tb2RlJTJibWF0Y2hhbGxwYXJ0aWFsJk50az1EZWZhdWx0Jk49MCZObz0wJkR4PW1vZGUlMmJtYXRjaGFsbHBhcnRpYWwmTnR0PXNlcnRhK21hbmFnZXJz

It's great for about the first year...then it sucks.  It takes about a year of 8-10 hours a day to wear out the padding in the butt.  Now it's terrible and I'm torn between getting a fancy seat cushion for it or just replacing it.

Last edited:

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
It sucks.

In the butt.

Now I'm torn.

Just putting that out there....

:p

amuck-landowner