amuck-landowner

Providers - VPS Control Panel Nearly Completed

BlueVM

Verified Provider
Hello,

I'd like to present BlueCP (name in progress) to the community. I would like to have 10 - 20 providers who are interested in having a new control panel back me in the release of this project. I've asked in the past for backers to my projects with mixed support. BlueCP as it stands is roughly 70% completed with all of the client area and most of the general administrative functions completed.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/V_UkmZ1gLD0

If you are a provider here is what you will need to contribute to receive a copy:

$100 upfront plus $25 per month (or more).

My contact information if you are interested: [email protected] or PM me for my Skype.

Not a provider? Still want to contribute? http://redonate.net/campaign/bluecp

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan

Verified Provider
It looks really nice from the video, I simply love the fact that it works as it's supposed to be and the functions are great, too.

Looking forward to see which other providers that'd be interested in using this panel.

turfhosting

Looks good from what I can see. Don't make any Centralbackup mistakes lol. It also needs to be very secure. You should hire a team to audit it after its finished.

Would be nice to see a automatic FTP backup for the client end. (ex. they enter ftp and there vps automatically backs up every 24 hours or whatever they set)

Maybe make a thread with what people would like to see feature wise.

Keep up the good work!

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@AnthonySmith - Well cPHP, but that's just a framework... otherwise 100% my code.

@turfhosting - It's in my planned features list already, but I appreciate the input.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@Francisco - Correct, but once again I created almost all of the code in NEON and the code I did not create is not a part of BlueCP.

Most programmers combine the good things they create to build larger projects.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@Francisco - Correct, but once again I created almost all of the code in NEON and the code I did not create is not a part of BlueCP.

Most programmers combine the good things they create to build larger projects.
I don't doubt you writing it, I'm just wanting people to get a feel for what 95% is :)

Is there a WHMCS module?

IP pool management?

'Per node IP groups'?

bandwidth accounting?

provisioning?

I was positive at one point it said 95% complete so I was a little confused is all.

Options are always good, it just sucks balls that people had to find out the rough way that

my rants about solus are true :p

Francisco

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@AnthonySmith - Yes the source code will be readable for those hosts who pay for it. It will not be free and open source mind you. I'm a fan of "flat rate" type operations... so the costs will be $100 upfront plus $25 per month no matter how many nodes a provider has.

@Fransisco - It's about 70%... mostly just minor admin details missing.

WHMCS => No, but there will be before the 30th of July.

IP Pools => Yes

Per Node IP Groups => Yes

Bandwidth Accounting => Yes (testing out 2 methods at the moment, may use both for double checking)

Provisioning => Yes

vanarp

Yes the source code will be readable for those hosts who pay for it. It will not be free and open source mind you.

Licensing wise, are they allowed to make changes? OR they should log a ticket to you when they see some bug/exploitable code?

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Design wise, it looks good. Will there be an option for providers to make a custom template and use it over the default template? 

JDiggity

Right now with JoePie's name being attached to the solus hack ( allegedly not accusing) and the use of cphp which is his baby.  It make me weary of anything based of that.

BlueVM

Verified Provider
@vanarp - Providers will be able to make changes, the license will require users to share any updates they make to the code aside from template changes.

@FHN-Eric - Yes it comes with a full template system.

@24khost - So you'd trust SolusVM which doesn't even use sanitized database queries, but you won't trust a framework that's running on over 100 websites right now, some of them being devoted to hacker operations and anonymous. (Eg: If there was a vulnerability in cPHP I'm confident those sites would be offline right now.) Also wouldn't it make sense that if joepie91 was involved in this exploit that he'd release cvm FIRST to get everyone to use it instead? (Occam's razor)

@john - Well joepie91 seems to have fallen off the grid about it.

Otakumatic

This seems like a good idea. The $100 also seems good to avoid summer hosts using it, then again, look at Mr. Robert "I Hacked RamNode" Clarke. I wonder how the hell that kid could afford being a LEB provider....

Look at me, a 17 year old bashing a 14-year old. :p

SkylarM

Verified Provider
What about things like rDNS -- PowerDNS is what I use now but could care less what backend it uses for rDNS.

Easy import from Solus? What OS is this on? Centos? DEBIAN? IPv6 support?

Would be killer if provisioning with WHMCS makes the user/account, the email tells them to log into the panel, and make them set the  root password that way or something like that?

amuck-landowner