amuck-landowner

Q4 2013 Lowendtalk Top Provider Poll Results

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Every company has multiple brands, some use different websites and maybe actually different companies while others just have different product lines. Not sure what you mean?
I'm saying that if I have a server with (for example) JustHost, and a server with BlueHost, I don't want the votes for these two brands to just be combined and tallied under 'Endurance International Group'.

I may like JustHost and dislike Bluehost. Just because the two brands are owned by the same parent doesn't mean that the services will be the same, or that a vote for one equals a vote for another. I hope that makes more sense than how it was worded before. I just think they should be listed independently from each other. :)

But it's not my poll and not my concern. Was just stating my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

maounique

That wont fly very high in our case.

Prometeus di Daniela Agro and Iperweb LTD are more than being owned by the same person they buy/sell to each other, hvae same support and share same servers.

One is Italian, the other registered in UK and Iperweb LLC is registered in US, but they all operate the same pool of servers, the same customers most of the time and have the same people supporting them.

The resons for being separate companies are complex, but they offer choice, for example the UK Iperweb is VAT exempted, it gives a choice for EU people to have services without paying VAT, of course LLC in US is also without VAT but for other reasons and some americans will like to do business with an american company, with ARIN IPs and all. BTW, Iperweb LLC is 17 years old it is not something we invented now.

As for separate sites, well, we do have a wide range of products, from low end (budget) OVerZold and XenPower to full IaaS products, we even have a separate site for big discounts...

The separate brands theory might work for others which were aquired through mergers and aquisitions, have separate staff and organization, but not for us.

perennate

Verified Provider
Whatever the policies for posting offers on LEB and such are regarding multiple brands/companies in one group, the same policies should be used in the quarterly polls. You can't complain on opposite sides in both cases.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
They dont care, their brands wont make top ten anyway.

That's because every single vote received by providers in the top 10 was from little keyboard warriors  who were jealous of Fabozzi & Co.'s huge success (not to mention being jealous of his Kohl's discount card) and decided to make the Buffalo boys look bad by voting for anyone but them in the poll.  Fact. 

Anyone who tries to tell you that poor customer service and a lack of quality and reliability was the reason their brands didn't make the top 10 is A. a liar, and B. a jealous competitor.  Fact.

I never troll. Another Fact.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Whatever the policies for posting offers on LEB and such are regarding multiple brands/companies in one group, the same policies should be used in the quarterly polls. You can't complain on opposite sides in both cases.
I fail to see the logic in that statement. Whatever is posted on the offer side has nothing to do with the poll.

Say that a post is made on LEB with offers from 3 different providers, where the location (a rare location or not, doesn't matter) is the only common denominator). Should those 3 providers be grouped together in the poll based on your logic?

Actually, I don't care much about those results. I think I voted once and everyone is entitled to one mistake.

Amitz

Wife?

Think Sal explained it some long time ago.
I also thought about his wife. Over here in my country (within the EU), when a wife is the registered owner of a company that is obviously mostly run by her husband (without her being involved), we normally take it as a sign that the husband went bankrupt once and she had to take the responsibility for the legal part. The other option is mostly that the wife had the money and the husband had the skills.

Not saying that any of this is the case with Salvatore too and, of course, stating that this way of thinking is a bit "old-school", but I would however be interested in the story again. Do you have a link for me?

Maybe we should spread the love to Aunt Daniela too and not only to Uncle Sal... ;)

mikho

Reading a few old threads on LET I get the feeling that she handles the financial part and Sal the technical.

mikho

I suppose that;s much better than starting a VPS company in your ex-wife's name without her knowledge, as some have been known to do...
If are talking about UG and I got the timeline correct she wasn't the ex when it started.

maounique

Hello !

Daniela was more involved in the past in the billing and financial part.

When I came onboard, I took over part of her role and Salvatore some other part. However, the taxes and banking are handled by her still just not the everyday interface with customers.

My own company is not in my name either and I dont even hold 1 share because it would complicate things as many papers would need to be signed twice. We also needed to register it some place other than Bucharest due to how crowded it is here and she owns a house there.

This has no bearing on the operations, we have an accountant there which handles the papers and most things are done online. It is a bit like an off-shore company :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If are talking about UG and I got the timeline correct she wasn't the ex when it started.
Relationships don't end quickly, especially when married and with multiple small children.

Company started in November, relationship a goner and someone moved/kicked out/whatever in December.

As far as that all being kosher, it wasn't and asshat was sending he's soon-to-ex's photo ID all over, pretending he-was-a-she.   This sort of deception continued to UGVPS customers until the wife spoke out.

There is a lot more ugliness in the UGVPS saga and I suspect round #2 is forthcoming.

amuck-landowner