amuck-landowner

RamNode Down?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well @Alryic,  always a class act you guys are.

Guess we can add one more provider that hates BuyVM now :)

ShardHost

Verified Provider
You know Robert seemed to have started to grow up lately.  No major hacks on him, he was reasonably polite to people and had eased his jumping into every thread touting service, then he performs such a douche move like this.  So glad he did not have service with us.  

Kris

If he publicly admitted, then where is this "public" admittance?
Screen%20Shot%202013-06-16%20at%2010.12.01%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-16%20at%2010.24.06%20AM.png

As for the time zones, I think I might have been logged out. It's pretty well stated. The IP traces back to the Richmond / Seattle, WA area where he is, and the gem Aldyric just gave sort of shows us he at least ran the exploit / got the script planted.

If he actually ran the script paste a download of a DB? Not sure. Probably was a bit worried and called when he realized he got the index page replaced. But he did put the gears in motion / use his account to basically allow someone to damage RamNode.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Was it really Robert Clarke? Isn't this a kid who was having trouble running his own company and failed multiple times? Same kid who's had an imposter supposedly pose as him and spread rumors?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah, that kid @MannDude.  Same kid who supposedly had someone call a swat team over to his house (never saw proof of that tough).

Kris

Was it really Robert Clarke? Isn't this a kid who was having trouble running his own company and failed multiple times? Same kid who's had an imposter supposedly pose as him and spread rumors?
The same that closed his company after that 'swat team' incident, then next week had more offers.

I think this time he'll be legit vanned.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
There's no doubt at all that Robert Clarke (the real kid, not the imposter(s)) was the one that attempted to run the exploit on us as well.  By his own admission (visible in his Twitter timeline, until he locked his account from public view a few minutes ago) he was "testing a bunch of companies" as an excuse as to why his IP (his residential IP, at that) was showing up in httpd logs trying to access the exploited file.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The same that closed his company after that 'swat team' incident, then next week had more offers.

I think this time he'll be legit vanned.
Isn't he still a minor or in school?

Find his father and sit down and have a chat with Mr. Clarke.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
He is around 15-16 years old, however that is not justification for anything. I know many 15-16 year olds who are mature and know not to do anything of the sort.

Jack

He is around 15-16 years old, however that is not justification for anything. I know many 15-16 year olds who are mature and know not to do anything of the sort.
3hgZ6.png

16?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
You'd have to step into the Clarkezone for that.
https://twitter.com/search?q=%40clarkezone&src=typd Keeping an eye on this while people tweet to his father.

No justification, hopefully this kid gets in actual trouble.

Maybe he was just trying to impress his pop on fathers day?

"Hey Dad! DAD! DADDDD! Look what I did they're talking about me! I'm like, cool like you pa?"

--"<sigh> You're the milkman's. You're not mine."

amuck-landowner