amuck-landowner

Reliable Domain Registrar

centoslgd

Please suggest a domain registrar which is reliable & secure with easy to use portal for management of domains? It does not matter whether it is cheap or expensive but must have decent support & focus on security.

I am asking this question here because there are quite a few much more experienced in this field than me & some of you even have few decent valued domains as well.

MikeA

Verified Provider
I've always used NameCheap, but I have a couple with Google Domains and it works well.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I've always been a big fan of internet.bs, however iirc they were bought out a while ago by GoDaddy.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've honestly never found a domain registar to be 'unreliable'. GoDaddy, NameCheap, Name.com, Internet.BS, NetworkSolutions, etc. I've used them all, and while most my stuff is with namecheap or internet.bs now it's due to price and price only. They all do the exact same thing with the same reliability.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 They all do the exact same thing with the same reliability.
Reliability isn't the problem...the problem is unethical behavior after you register (and in the case of a few registrars, whenever you use the search box on their site and they grab the best domains you've searched for for themselves).

On my shortlist of unethical behavior after registration are Crazy Domains, 1&1,  anything Web.com touches (Register.com, Network Solutions).  All of these like to snag victims new customers with $1 promos and then twist the knife after registration.

If you want to save money on your domain registrations get a free reseller account at one of the many available options like ResellerClub, Resell.biz, etc (and the same thing goes for SSL certificates...get a reseller account at GoGetSSL and pay $3.22-$3.95 for Comodo PositiveSSL)

wlanboy

Content Contributer
NameCheap (good support, security, ...) for my main domains. 

NameSilo (cheap) for my common try&error domains.

Moved away from internet.bs.

Dylan

NameCheap (good support, security, ...) for my main domains. 

NameSilo (cheap) for my common try&error domains.

Moved away from internet.bs.
I'm curious, what makes you say NameCheap has better security than NameSilo?

noen

I use domeneshop.no to register my domains..

Not the cheapest, not the best, but they are the largest .no registar by far..

Thats my "biggest problem" with the big international registars, no .no!

And I've never had any problems with downtime or anything else with Domeneshop..

joepie91

I use internet.bs, and haven't really seen any chances since the acquisition, other than them starting to charge VAT and adding Bitcoin as a payment method.

Reasons I like them:

• Cheap
  • Permanently free WHOIS protection (for the domains where that's possible/allowed, anyway)
  • No having to navigate through a million upsell pages, it's just domain registration and that's it
  • Competent/direct support, who didn't fall for social engineering (in the past anyway, no idea whether this has changed since the acquisition)

sleddog

Reliability isn't the problem...the problem is unethical behavior after you register
Or just pig-headedness as in the case of netfirms.com

I have a client with a domain registered with them 7 years ago -- and paid at the time for 7 years.

Now it's expired. They lost the login password. They do have access to the administrative email account. But Netfirm's "lost password" feature doesn't work -- or the email host (Yahoo.com) is dropping the email. All attempts to get a helpful response from Netfirms have failed.

sv01

Slow but sure
I just transfer 3 domain to Namesilo and add another 5 year to each domain :)

Love the free privacy whois.

yylzcom

Namesilo, mostly voted for their low price.

GoDaddy is my second choice though their price is higher, but their service is the best!

amuck-landowner