amuck-landowner

So, I guess we run a charity now.

bluebit

17:57:39 <Strawman> If you can, give me a range of your profit margin and your net income.
Haha. I loved this part. Because somehow requesting a free account leads into discussing business operations.

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
"Between the horses of love and lust

We are trampled underfoot

You're so cruel"

-- U2, "So Cruel"

I guess that lyric needs to change to "ponies".

If your idea isn't worth $15 - the cost of a BuyVM 128 he was asking for - then it's not worth spending any time on.  Go hock the action figures you no longer play with and - wait for it - pony up the cash.

Of course, since "you guys are really shit" one has to wonder why he wanted one at all...

I recall a year or two ago, a provider pulled out of freevps.us, saying that they offered free vpses in the hope that either those using them would trade up for the advertising would bring new subscribers.  When this didn't pan out after a year or so, the provider discontinued the free VPS and man was there a lot of indignant screaming.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm sure if we had given it to him we'd have been the bee's knees.

I've had to deal with my share of cases like this too. It usually goes the same way:

"Can I have free service?"

"No."

"Fine, fuck you guys"

*5 minutes passes*

"Are you hiring right now?"

In total we have like 5 services donated out. Of those, most are done as favours to a staff member. We used to donate a lot more services back when we did things as Frantech, but we stopped that once the communities always turned corrupt.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

ComputerTrophy

"I met you five minutes ago and my friend said you're really good, but right now, since I'm a kid who doesn't have money and wants to get a free server but you won't give me one, my so-called friend said you're really bad."

#logic

TSS - Conor

Verified Provider
I use to get a lot of people wanting sponsorships and some did deserve them but at the same time; as the OS has pointed out, we're all a business and not a charity. 

Very nicely handled on the OPs behalf though :p

amuck-landowner