amuck-landowner

SolusVM SOLD and acquired by OnApp

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Wow thanks for answering those questions! Sorry to be "that guy" but I'd like to follow up with a bit more questions if you don't mind :)

Actually, one was just performed not long ago, and our own guys of course are going trough it now in detail.
Was there a report made on this (the audit)?  Is it available online?  Can we take a look at the report?  

We do have plans to make the UI/UX better, thats one of the things we are passionate about here at OnApp, good UI/UX
Really excited about this actually.  I've seen screenshots of OnApp's client-side interface and it looks interesting and more appealing that's for sure.  Hopefully you guys can bring some of that nice eye candy into Solus :) while also not hampering it's performance :D

No, we don't see it that way, these will remain two separate software packages with their own target audiences.
So... from my understanding the current Solus team is basically an extension of the OnApp team now right?  If so, then what will the team's relationship with the OnApp company be?  Would OnApp perform more as an "advising" role (aka Solus continues to operate the same way it has always done except now have additional resources available in terms of even more skilled coders, designers, hardware resources, etc.), or would OnApp take on a more direct approach and actually integrate their own management into Solus?  

I was actually never aware Solus was looking for a buyer, but if you don't mind me asking, why was Solus on sale? 

Would Solus now make Pocket Lamps to send to their clients? :)

NullMind

Verified Provider
Wow thanks for answering those questions! Sorry to be "that guy" but I'd like to follow up with a bit more questions if you don't mind :)
Not a problem, we are here to answer them

Was there a report made on this (the audit)?  Is it available online?  Can we take a look at the report?  
The audit is not public, but was part of this release, you can see it mentions don the first line

http://blog.soluslabs.com/2014/08/04/solusvm-v1-16-00-release-security-updates/

Really excited about this actually.  I've seen screenshots of OnApp's client-side interface and it looks interesting and more appealing that's for sure.  Hopefully you guys can bring some of that nice eye candy into Solus  :) while also not hampering it's performance  :D
Thanks, personally I am sucker for UI/UX, we sure will bring some eye candy to Solus

So... from my understanding the current Solus team is basically an extension of the OnApp team now right?  If so, then what will the team's relationship with the OnApp company be?  Would OnApp perform more as an "advising" role (aka Solus continues to operate the same way it has always done except now have additional resources available in terms of even more skilled coders, designers, hardware resources, etc.), or would OnApp take on a more direct approach and actually integrate their own management into Solus?  
Actually we have multiple teams in OnApp, such as CDN team, Storage Team, Core Team, etc, Solus is now one more all managed under the CTO and with the same goals and work system.

I was actually never aware Solus was looking for a buyer, but if you don't mind me asking, why was Solus on sale? 
As you can imagine, I can't disclosure the details of the deal :)

Would Solus now make Pocket Lamps to send to their clients?  :)
Well, Solus staff is now part of OnApp, if they have time to do a kickstart on Pocket Lamps, they better do it out of hours ;)

Carlos

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
Will you be making a simple automated and supported migration path from solusvm to OnApp and if so when?

Will Xen support be picked up again as solusvm have literally ignored it now for 3 years?

Thanks.

NullMind

Verified Provider
Will you be making a simple automated and supported migration path from solusvm to OnApp and if so when?

Will Xen support be picked up again as solusvm have literally ignored it now for 3 years?

Thanks.
We are creating now the to-do list, those are indeed some of the items, no ETA

Carlos

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Indeed, a simple upgrade path from SolusVM to OnApp would be nice (especially for hosts that only use KVM or Xen which are supported by OnApp anyway).

Sonwebhost

I like them both solus and whmcs they get my payments each month and I feel good about the service and performance. Hope they get better with time. Enjoy

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
We have both Onapp (not federation) as well as Solus, and I've got to say despite all of the issues with Solus, we haven't had any stability issues. Onapp on the other hand we've just had tons of strange, quirky issues with. I'll be watching this closely. My feature request is it would also be great for bi-directional transfers, IE Solus to Onapp, Onapp to Solus.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner