amuck-landowner

ssl for *.domain.tld pricerange

fixidixi

Hy,

I had an ssl cert for a few bucks for a year form alphassl.

It was good for one domain and its subdomains like this:

domain.tld

*.domain.tld

How should I reference those? :)

//as ive seen all sorts of certs labeled as wildcard..

The other -important- question would be how much do these cost today?

I'm only interested in to experiment for now..

and yea ive google-d and got startssl already :).

Thanks for your help!

fixidixi

well i paid no more than 10$ for it. guess it was a special offer of some kind.

am i right to see that certs cannot be renewd just need to ask for a new-one?

thanks

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
If you got an AlphaSSL wildcard for $10 a year that's pretty good! We resell Geotrust SSLs (which include AlphaSSL wildcards) and pay more than $10/year for them.

fixidixi

well as far as i see i need another vps with them to use those certs :(

__

Well and thanks very much for your insights so far ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

VMBox or almost any other SingleHop reseller can offer them for free.
Wait, how do they do that?  It looks like you can get one with the purchase of a $6.00 per month vps.  Are they just losing money on the deal until you've stayed a fairly long period?

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I'll offer you a GlobalSign AlphaSSL Wildcard Certificate for $55/year. If you find it cheaper, let me know, we can work something out.

willie

Right, but same question--how does SingleHop do that?  Are they connected with GlobalSign somehow?  Are wildcard certificates as scammy as domain validation certificates, where resellers pay just a few dollars for them but they're usually retailed at $50+?  It looks possible, though not nice, to get a $50 certificate by buying a $6/month vps for just one month.

Right, but same question--how does SingleHop do that?  Are they connected with GlobalSign somehow?  Are wildcard certificates as scammy as domain validation certificates, where resellers pay just a few dollars for them but they're usually retailed at $50+?  It looks possible, though not nice, to get a $50 certificate by buying a $6/month vps for just one month.
It's likely that they are under those "unlimited issuance" programs from GlobalSign: https://www.globalsign.eu/partners/resell-ssl.html

They are listed as a Platinum partner, at least: https://www.globalsign.com/partners/platinum-partners.html

amuck-landowner