amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I came here for the free vm.. I mean the candy.

In all seriousness though, lookin really good!

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Hi Everyone,

Been a while since I've updated this but here goes.

Our WHMCS module & API is almost 90 - 95% complete with only a few last hooks needed. We fully expect to have 10 - 15 VM's available this weekend though WHMCS that will have a coupon to make them free. The VM's will provision to stallion 2 where you'll be expected to give things a full run through.

The node side will be running 2.6.32 and I'll import all of our current media into the system.

No promises but I'll see about letting people that actually help test (and find bugs) can keep their VM's for free (for at least a year or something).

Francisco
DoesBuyVMnoHazStock!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yea the login page is something I spent quite a bit of time trying to make work on mobile.

Most of the panel is pretty mobile friendly. There's some large data tables though that don't look all that great.

http://elvery.net/demo/responsive-tables/

I'm thinking the "No More Tables" example may work perfectly for this all?

Francisco

Hitakashi

The only problem (I get) on the login page is that the incorrect login is cut off, other then that its perfect. (Galaxy S3 stock browser)

@Fran, As long as its not the flip scroll...I hate doing that ona mobile :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The only problem (I get) on the login page is that the incorrect login is cut off, other then that its perfect. (Galaxy S3 stock browser)

Noted that bug, i'll fix it today :)

The past week or two has been about adding polish. We decided to clean up how information tables are presented, like so:

http://199.19.227.70/vserver/1/console

You can see that the 'frames' are now an off white and have a proper header now. I think it blends with the rest of the site quite well. I still need to normalize the alerts that are displayed to the user since I forgot to include them in a few of the pages. Never fear, it's a pretty minor bug.

For users with admin, you can check out http://199.19.227.70/admin/users/view/1003

It's fairly well detailed. I'm going to add a bit more to it, though. I need to include some 'quick jump' controls for editing/deleting/etc.

You can also test out the admin side top search to see that it actually works now :p

Honestly, we have 1 - 2 more pages needed and then I need to write the import scripts for stallion 1 -> 2.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

The login page is all fixed up :) Some very simple CSS was needed.

Code:
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

#alerts-container {
		position: fixed;
		top: 0;
		z-index: 999;
		width: 100%;
	}

}

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Since I've had almost a dozen people ask me already, no, we will not be licensing copies of stallion. Yes, we're aware that SolusVM has a really nasty exploit but Stallion will not be up for sale for the masses.

We stand by our comment that we'll likely pick a few hosts to give a copy to but that's it.

Francisco

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Since I've had almost a dozen people ask me already, no, we will not be licensing copies of stallion. Yes, we're aware that SolusVM has a really nasty exploit but Stallion will not be up for sale for the masses.

We stand by our comment that we'll likely pick a few hosts to give a copy to but that's it.

Francisco
Sir,

I will eat Grass, hay and corn for the rest of my life.

SkylarM

Verified Provider

Francisco
Well now that's just no fun ;)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
To whomever shoved /sbin/reboot into /etc/rc.local on the test VM and rebooted it? Well played.

You get a +1 for trolling me for a few minutes :D

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Added a Pony avatar. Thought this thread should be updated to reflect my hard work. :pony: Neigh!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Added a Pony avatar. Thought this thread should be updated to reflect my hard work. :pony: Neigh!
That's just awesome. Thanks boss :p

At this point we have 2 outstanding list pages for the admin side to complete. I have some final provisioning testing to do for KVM's but other than that we're looking good. Aldryic has been working away at the import script.

We're likely going to schedule 12 hours to complete the migration but I fully expect to see it done in under an hour.

Lets talk about our alerts system for a few minutes. Right now our monitoring system logs things to internal systems, but the plan is to log useful things to the end user (abusive processes, super high CPU/IO, etc). Would you want us to do hourly 'heads up' on all warnings you've had in the past hour? Of course, if you have no alerts it won't email you but if you had something going wacky it won't spam you with emails either.

Francisco

Steve

Would you want us to do hourly 'heads up' on all warnings you've had in the past hour? Of course, if you have no alerts it won't email you but if you had something going wacky it won't spam you with emails either.

Yup. An option to disable receiving these emails would probably be useful too.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yup. An option to disable receiving these emails would probably be useful too.
Disabling is a no go. If your VM is slamming the hell out of alerts you better look into it :) Especially if your VM gets suspended for being exploited.

Francisco

acd

Can we bribe one of you guys to make an XMPP/jabber message in addition/instead? I know Pony knows how to do that. =D

It would also be especially useful to be able set a custom alert level that is lower than the buyvm limit level so we can tune our io/cpu/ram warnings to our application's normal levels.

amuck-landowner