amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
We've continued our cleanup plans as well as getting provisioning for KVM based VM's working.

While I was at it I've also made it so swapping ISO's does not require powering off your VPS.

You can now swap ISO's as you see fit. Please remember, if you mount the ISO

within linux it'll be marked as 'locked' and won't be able to be ejected.

Francisco

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Off-topic, since pony is getting a new stallion, will the farm get renovated (main site)? Come on Fran! Loosen up your tight wallet.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Off-topic, since pony is getting a new stallion, will the farm get renovated (main site)? Come on Fran! Loosen up your tight wallet.
Yes ;) The same fellow that did stallion is doing the website. He's having some trouble coming up with ideas for it though so I told him to take a few weeks off it and work on other projects. He'll come back to it and i'm sure it'll look great.

Francisco

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Om.nom nom! Corn and grass never tasted this good.

Yes ;) The same fellow that did stallion is doing the website. He's having some trouble coming up with ideas for it though so I told him to take a few weeks off it and work on other projects. He'll come back to it and i'm sure it'll look great.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Is there an official release date that I missed somewhere? Very curious when I can expect to see this in full action.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Is there an official release date that I missed somewhere? Very curious when I can expect to see this in full action.
Nothing concrete. I was aiming for the 23rd (tomorrow) but I got caught up dealing with a storage node misbehaving in LV.

Honestly we're at polish stage. The only thing pending is Aldryic's import scripts.

Once that's in place i'll outline what milestone 2 will include. I'm trying to decide if I want to go balls deep with the statistics part of it or not :)

Francisco

acd

No, he just forgot what day it was. ;) If I recall correctly, it took a couple days for him to get everything fixed up with the disk failures on that wonky storage box, so he might need a couple extra days, if not a week for S2. Customers have been priority 1 for Fran, with projects following after. It's one of his best qualities as a provider.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Oh, yeah, I understand. Whenever you're ready. I was meaning to ask if the 24th is what you meant?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
This does indeed look very good.  I'm sure you guys are very happy coming up to this milestone after the development problems you suffered in the beginning.  Must feel great to have got this far taking control of it yourself.

And yes, we're very proud of the outcome, especially considering the timeline.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Depending on Aldryic's schedule, we're looking at doing a roll out on July 4th.

We'll start right in the morning (~9 AM PST) and book 12 hours. I expect the whole roll out to only take an hour or so

though.

I'm working on adding vserver status to the dashboard you see on login. The big issue is making it so there isn't lag or a ton of waiting time for users.

Francisco

amuck-landowner