amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The idea of licensing is still on the table but not for anything wide spread. It'd be I literally pick a half dozen or less providers that I really want to see take off and I license them it. I wouldn't bother going widespread.

'Cubing the source is against what we always wanted for stallion if we ever marketed it but who knows, we'll see what happens :)

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
'Cubing the source is against what we always wanted for stallion if we ever marketed it but who knows, we'll see what happens
We could always do it in perl :3

The problem with licensing is either having to encode the source (and then provide updates/etc to multiple people, something I really wouldn't want us to spend the time doing) or hope that it doesn't end up on pastebin/etc the day after.  You're far more trusting than I sir... some of the folks I've seen express interest - not a chance.

VPN.SH

Really like what you guys have done with Stallion :). Nice to see a provider really taking a stance and pushing their own panel!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'm interested in Stallion 1 for personal/limited use if that is ever released :D
Yes lots of people would :p

Stallion 1 is embarrasing in many parts so I wouldn't bother releasing it. A hunk of the backend is broken since we didn't need those pages. Frontend is really simple and the communication code is pretty straight forward at least.

Right now i'm currently waiting on Aldryic to finish documenting the API that he needs for WHMCS. He's been caught up dealing with his car though :(

I'm taking some time to start work on statistics. I think I'm going to just yoink rackspace's granularity settings for our own: http://docs.rackspace.com/cm/api/v1.0/cm-devguide/content/metrics-api.html

I'll remove the 'full' since I don't want to be taking stats points every minute. I originally was looking at xchart to handle the graphing but given how many data points we'll be showing I don't think it's a going to handle very well. Right now i'm looking over flot and seeing what it can do.

Francisco

acd

Hi Fran,

I think 5 minutes for the first 48 hours, 15 min - 1 h granularity after that is appropriate, if it isn't too taxing on data storage (I suspect it won't be). More than that probably exceeds usefulness; anyone who needs more granularity is going to run their own stats anyway.

-tw

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Hi Fran,

I think 5 minutes for the first 48 hours, 15 min - 1 h granularity after that is appropriate, if it isn't too taxing on data storage (I suspect it won't be). More than that probably exceeds usefulness; anyone who needs more granularity is going to run their own stats anyway.

-tw
Yea i'm starting to think the same.

I'm going to crunch some numbers and see what I can come up with that's reasonable :)

Francisco

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Was the last horse head the same as your forum picture?

Edit: Old: http://209.141.39.7/ - New: http://199.19.227.70/login.html

I kind of  really like the new one, it has more of a sharper look to it really making it match the font that sits beside it :)

Just feels.. more professional.

It may be my colorblindness, but is the div class="login" green tinted?

Hmm #FAFAFA seems close without that tint, if thats not what you were going for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Was the last horse head the same as your forum picture?

Edit: Old: http://209.141.39.7/ - New: http://199.19.227.70/login.html

I kind of  really like the new one, it has more of a sharper look to it really making it match the font that sits beside it :)

Just feels.. more professional.

It may be my colorblindness, but is the div class="login" green tinted?

Hmm #FAFAFA seems close without that tint, if thats not what you were going for.
Correct, the original horse is the one in my avatar ;) I'll have to fix it ;)

I'll check the colouring to make sure it all matches. It'll be pretty embarrasing if I somehow screwed that up >_>

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

netnub

fran:

if you ever release stallion 1 encoded in ioncube or any encoders, I say this nicely but I'll decode it.

IONCUBE sucks, its super easy to decode, if you do though, encrypt the functions/variables using ioncube settings, then its hard as hell to decode.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
fran:

if you ever release stallion 1 encoded in ioncube or any encoders, I say this nicely but I'll decode it.

IONCUBE sucks, its super easy to decode, if you do though, encrypt the functions/variables using ioncube settings, then its hard as hell to decode.
And that's why I'd have to do it as a 'source or bust' idea.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
FYI, the demo login page doesn't appear correctly on the Kindle Fire (non-hd). The logo is under the username and password boxes.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
FYI, the demo login page doesn't appear correctly on the Kindle Fire (non-hd). The logo is under the username and password boxes.
How the hell.

That doesn't even make sense!

Is it poorly placed there? Or is it spaced properly? I'm wondering if it's a float issue.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Did you change something during this time? It works fine now. I was positive it wasn't working earlier...

Oh well, either way, it works now. Nevermind  :wacko:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Hang on, I'll see if I can get a screenshot. I'll also try landscape and portrait.

If I had a dollar for every time I yelled that at my computer screen...  :p
I stripped some margin code out that wasn't needed.

Maybe that did it?

I'm merging the code right now :)

Francisco

amuck-landowner