amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Hello everyone,

To continue my thread from LET, Stallion 2 is our new control panel that will not only replace our VPS controls, but in time replace WHMCS.

Some key features on the way:

- Affordable hosted load balancers

- Anycast IP addresses with IP routing (so you don't 'have' to buy VM's in each location)

- Proper /64 allocations (will likely be available right after the initial release)

- Full merging of billing/support rolls into the panel. This will keep things really straight forward for users to signup

- JAVA based console controls replaced with novnc, a javascript/HTML5 based console

- Floating IP's support so you can run your own heartbeat deployment between both OpenVZ & KVM's wtihin a single location

- Personal media storage for ISO's and possibly OpenVZ templates

There's lots of other things going in place that I won't bother listing ;)

You're welcome to demo the current release at:

URL - http://209.141.39.7/

LOGIN - testpony

PASSWORD - demo

If you visit http://209.141.39.7/vserver/1, you'll see a completely working OpenVZ based VPS. /overview stats reload every 15 seconds keeping pretty well 'live'. Reinstalling, root password setting, enabling ips and the likes are all working.

Given how things are progressing, we fully expect to be rolling the panel out early next month. Aldryic is currently working on the WHMCS module.

The IP it currently has is live to the world so you can ssh in and see that reinstalls/etc work.

IP's are fully logged, though, so if you abuse I'll have Aldryic on your ass.

:)

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The latest work committed was bandwidth accounting. While Stallion 1's revision of the code was good enough, I decided to redo it, chopping down the amount of math we were having to do.

You're welcome to pull a cachefly/speedtest.buyvm.net and see that it will commit. Bandwidth is updated every 20 minutes so give it a few :)

Today i'll be testing & debugging KVM controls. Once I got these working I'll setup a test VM for people to fiddle with.

Francisco

mnpeep

Verified Provider
So what's up with the USSR logo at the top-left? Is Aldyric adding some of his touches to the panel? From what I've seen most immigrants from Russia don't like being there any more (for many reasons ofc). Anyways, nice panel! How can I move my 4 VPSes to it? :3

mojeda

So what's up with the USSR logo at the top-left? Is Aldyric adding some of his touches to the panel? From what I've seen most immigrants from Russia don't like being there any more (for many reasons ofc). Anyways, nice panel! How can I move my 4 VPSes to it? :3
I think in the LET thread he said that people were joking around about it in #Frantech so Francisco did it as a joke.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

I think in the LET thread he said that people were joking around about it in #Frantech so Francisco did it as a joke.
:3
We were having a discussion in our staff chat network about how we're pretty much following communist views given our 'everyone is fair and equal'. I decided to add the USSR symbol to continue the joke. Aldryic was cackling like mad <_<

Francisco

The_Hatta

:3

We were having a discussion in our staff chat network about how we're pretty much following communist views given our 'everyone is fair and equal'. I decided to add the USSR symbol to continue the joke. Aldryic was cackling like mad <_<

Francisco
wait WHAT Aldryic cackles, I thought he only Neighed, >_>

Kalam

Looking good Francisco. I noticed that you have an API key and hash, do they currently do anything and what will be possible with it?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
From what I've heard, it works the same as SolusVM.
Kind of.
I'll write a proxy that will allow solusvm clients to connect to it and get the data in an XML format.

I'll have a version based API, so you'd have:

/api/client/v1/

/api/client/v2/

etc

Francisco

Nick

Kind of.

I'll write a proxy that will allow solusvm clients to connect to it and get the data in an XML format.

I'll have a version based API, so you'd have:

/api/client/v1/

/api/client/v2/

etc

Francisco
Would be awesome to have complete control (reinstall, change root password, etc...) of the VMs and maybe a central API so you don't require a separate key and hash for each VM. *hint* resellers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

- Anycast IP addresses with IP routing (so you don't 'have' to buy VM's in each location)

Are these going to be available soon?

Great features I can really use.

Looking forward to the release and new features.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

Are these going to be available soon?

Great features I can really use.

Looking forward to the release and new features.
A ways out.
We're still wanting to look into getting a Europe location online after the release of the panel but we're not sure.

Features may be in higher demand than a euro buyvm.

Francisco

amuck-landowner