amuck-landowner

StyleXNetworks Going Out of Business

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Last edited by a moderator:

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I added Karsa or however you spell the name on Skype. They supposedly don't want to sell or allow their client base to go. He wants $2500 for the site and something like 8 or 9 hostbill licenses. $500 just for the domain and site. So apparently they don't care about it anymore.

concerto49

Verified Provider
I added Karsa or however you spell the name on Skype. They supposedly don't want to sell or allow their client base to go. He wants $2500 for the site and something like 8 or 9 hostbill licenses. $500 just for the domain and site. So apparently they don't care about it anymore.
This most likely sounds more like a contract dispute or similar. Perhaps they can't even get the machines back. Is why it all suddenly shut off.

Serveo

Verified Provider
I dropped them an e-mail earlier regarding takeover as we were interested, but without responds. Reading this and what I read I assume they got overdue with their colo/IP supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:

concerto49

Verified Provider
I dropped them an e-mail earlier regarding takeover as we were interested, but without responds. Reading this and what I read I assume they got overdue with their colo/IP supplier.
Multacom are nice guys though. Really shouldn't happen unless they've really blown it.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Multacom are nice guys though. Really shouldn't happen unless they've really blown it.
Another...  BurstNET/VolumeDrive brewing?!!!!! *insert dramatic music here*

Sarcastic jokes aside, yeah it's definitely not good that they shut down early.  I originally thought they were a pretty reasonable host (although only experience/service I had with them was a free 256MB OnApp VPS).  Although I could state it's difficult to run a budget OnApp service (except for @Chris Miller's VirtuaClub).  

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
  Although I could state it's difficult to run a budget OnApp service (except for @Chris Miller's VirtuaClub).  
VirtuaClub announced last month they were dumping OnApp:

We are currently ditching OnApp and going to a different cloud platform

full announcement: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/683693/#Comment_683693
CloudFlow (by SeFlow) is the only OnApp powered cloud I know of that has (some) budget priced offerings. 

OnApp has a history of bugs and unless you're very knowledgeable technically/a good programmer (I'd classify the guys at SeFlow as extremely knowledgeable technically)  you will probably encounter insurmountable problems like Stylex did or be forced to switch to another platform. 

I know from reading Matteo's WHT posts that they had issues with the last upgrade a few weeks ago but they were able to work around them and as a customer I didn't experience any problems (100% uptime on my CloudFlow thing over the past 4 months, 1 short outage in nearly 6 months which was a reboot in May).

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

CloudFlow (by SeFlow) is the only OnApp powered cloud I know of that has (some) budget priced offerings. 

OnApp has a history of bugs and unless you're very knowledgeable technically/a good programmer (I'd classify the guys at SeFlow as extremely knowledgeable technically)  you will probably encounter insurmountable problems like Stylex did or be forced to switch to another platform. 

I know from reading Matteo's WHT posts that they had issues with the last upgrade a few weeks ago but they were able to work around them and as a customer I didn't experience any problems (100% uptime on my CloudFlow thing over the past 4 months, 1 short outage in nearly 6 months which was a reboot in May).

Ahh, well then.  Didn't know :)  Thanks for the information!  

Serveo

Verified Provider

We are working with Onapp from the beginning, no downtime and we run with a fully redundant setup with a Nexentastor HA cluster. We encountered small bugs and these are known, maybe its because we still back in the earlier versions.

Oh, btw now you know two providers that offering budget cloud offerings with Onapp (-;

concerto49

Verified Provider
We are working with Onapp from the beginning, no downtime and we run with a fully redundant setup with a Nexentastor HA cluster. We encountered small bugs and these are known, maybe its because we still back in the earlier versions.

Oh, btw now you know two providers that offering budget cloud offerings with Onapp (-;
Everyone offers budget stuff with OnApp now :p

amuck-landowner