amuck-landowner

Summer Hosts, Make me feel fine... Clouds4India

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I didn't realize there was any conversation about these folks until rest of you posted up what happened elsewhere...  Too damn funny, and rinse and repeat.

The offers being slung on LE* are for the most part shitola, scamtarded and would be punted from any self respecting site or marketplace.

I can't believe what they are letting fly over there.   Aiding and abetting theft.

clouds4india

I hope this topic is still alive? ,

I would like to start off by mentioning that I do agree i was at fault doing the following

1.copying TOS of another provider
2. I wasn't clueless of the datacenter ( although I didnt know if it belonged to kansas )

I was new to the industry being an 18y old you shouldn't expect much @ startup point of time when all I knew was virtualisation / PHP / MYSQL development.

Keeping that aside I haven't seen anyone ever pointing out that our services / support wasn't intact ? Being in business since november ? You should consider speaking about the Merits too...., Or are you intrested in Demerits only

I've seen someone posting "THEY ARE BACK WITH A NEW COMPANY NAME" Ofc I

Don't / Didn't / Never wanted to be a summer host. I've been trying to find an ideal datacenter to cut out the costs for the end consumer with a barely fair margin for the company.

I've surely found my ideal co-location iwth HostDime in Orlando. Which meets my requirement to providing budget KVM servers.

Coming to the point people have branded me "LAZY BASTARD SUMMER HOST" Well I'll tell you what I've done I ripped their TOS didnt bother to go through replaced "servermania.com" -> "Clouds4India"

I did go through various TOS overtime and am ready with the appropriate version of it. The site will be updated with new terms within 24h so be sure to check it and let me know if theres anything left to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Namaste!

Well, welcome @clouds4india

I get on people for taking the lazy and dishonest route.  That's my job.

Endorsements of your services, those are for customers.  Feel free to have them post such praises.

Shame it takes public scrutiny to have people do the right thing though.

clouds4india

I dont mind your criticisms , i agree the front end which i first had was pretty fucked up . But i have improved it on the way studying the market and going through content other providers put on their site. My own custom design simple one made out of bootstrap will be up tommorow most probably with updated TOS , SLA , Privacy & AUP. Hope you'll be there to go through and further criticise if there are any flaws in it.

People who take it as a postive way its not a shame for them. I do accept your crits in a positive way and strive to be better.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I hope this topic is still alive? ,

I would like to start off by mentioning that I do agree i was at fault doing the following

1.copying TOS of another provider

2. I wasn't clueless of the datacenter ( although I didnt know if it belonged to kansas )

I was new to the industry being an 18y old you shouldn't expect much @ startup point of time when all I knew was virtualisation / PHP / MYSQL development.

Keeping that aside I haven't seen anyone ever pointing out that our services / support wasn't intact ? 
I stopped reading after that.

I apologize but I'm going to be brutally honest right here.  I don't care if your "service is great" right now.  I don't care if you're in the best datacenter in the world.  If your legal documents and registrations aren't in order and if you didn't spend time on your paperwork, I won't even look at your service.  

The amount of investment (time and money) that goes into all of that shows how much you're invested in running your "company".  Short-term, anyone with an underloaded server can have "great service", but how do I know you'll be here tomorrow?  How can I make sure you're liable (or at least more liable than no registration)?  Why should I trust you with providing me service when you don't even have the decency to write your own Terms of Service?

Don't be a hack.  Don't be a summer host.  If you are, don't even start.  

Again, I apologize for being brutally honest right there (and incredibly unprofessional), but it just had to be said.  It aggravates me when the only go-to excuse is "you haven't even tried our service, how do you know how terrible I am?".  I don't care, you don't have your paperwork in order therefore I'm not going to purchase service from you.  

clouds4india

I've re-written my own version o f TOS which is quite simple and small and upto point. I've also designed my own hosting template , all will be up tommorow.

AThomasHowe

Why are you taking peoples money if you're so inexperienced? It's not other peoples job to understand your incompetency. If you'd taken the time to learn about business, the industry and law (especially IP law) in general and started your business when you were prepared and not just excited you could have avoided all of this.

Being 18 means nothing in business. It's rough and it's tough. If you want to do this as a hobby give your services away for free.

MattKC

I've re-written my own version o f TOS which is quite simple and small and upto point. I've also designed my own hosting template , all will be up tommorow.
Aside from the still stolen content, do you have a law degree? If not it would be wise to hire a lawyer to review your legal documents to verify they are even enforceable. Have you registered your business with your state/countries legal entities? If so, what is your registered #/ID?

clouds4india

Sole traders dont need to register in India only companies like partnership with unlimited / limited liability who involve in vigorous business are required to , Well I've got a written bond with CCAVENUE ( incase you don't know its the largest payment gateway provider in INDIA )  They only accept legal clients with good standing for provision of the gateway so As far as im concerned im not doign anything which is considered Illegal

@

Did you completely read the comments . I've contacted DO they've told me as long as their logo ( the cloud ) isnt there in the *image* ( not images to be precise )  they are ok with it

clouds4india

Why are you taking peoples money if you're so inexperienced? It's not other peoples job to understand your incompetency. If you'd taken the time to learn about business, the industry and law (especially IP law) in general and started your business when you were prepared and not just excited you could have avoided all of this.

Being 18 means nothing in business. It's rough and it's tough. If you want to do this as a hobby give your services away for free.

Yea if Zuckerberg would've thought that maybe facebook would just be a social network (ITS NOW A BUSINESS PLATFORM cum Social Network ) I did lack *paper work * experience that doesn't mean I lack  *experience in hardware & networking & ability to trouble shoot unix*

I don't know what you've got against me but the company turns 1 year old  in a few months and its not my hobby I'll definitely get to perfect point where I can provide performance and price in the same level 

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for taking time for a "LAZY BASTARD HOST" I will strive to become a reputable provider in near future.

Have a great day

AThomasHowe

Did you completely read the comments . I've contacted DO they've told me as long as their logo ( the cloud ) isnt there in the *image* ( not images to be precise )  they are ok with it
After you were called out on it. If nobody would have pointed it out you never would have contacted DigitalOcean. I still doubt that they gave you permission for something they paid someone else to design but I don't care enough to ask them myself.

Yea if Zuckerberg would've thought that maybe facebook would just be a social network (ITS NOW A BUSINESS PLATFORM cum Social Network ) I did lack *paper work * experience that doesn't mean I lack  *experience in hardware & networking & ability to trouble shoot unix*

I don't know what you've got against me but the company turns 1 year old  in a few months and its not my hobby I'll definitely get to perfect point where I can provide performance and price in the same level 

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for taking time for a "LAZY BASTARD HOST" I will strive to become a reputable provider in near future.

Have a great day

Let's start out by saying that you were the one who bumped this thread and are the same person who is still doing the same shit over and over again. I had mostly forgotten about you until it popped back up. The main problem I have with you is the same problem I would have with any person who exhibited the same traits: you lie, steal and hide behind your age. 

I think you should also re-look your Facebook analogy. Mark Z didn't set up Facebook willy nilly, he was a very shrewd business man and alienated a lot of people being cold faced to get to where he is. You should actually watch the movie you're on about, The Social Network. While it's exaggerated, it'll show you that Facebook wasn't born of an accident.

It's nobodies fault but your own you entered the market without sufficient experience. You should have learned about it before hand or hired someone to do it for you.

You'll never be reputable until you change your ways rather than cover shit up when people call you out. Your fundamental business ethics are flawed.

Again, business is not understanding and forgiving. If I saw you walking down the street I wouldn't have a problem with you. You're not prospectively trying to charge me money then though.

What's harsher: my words or a lawsuit? Even in a case with little legal basis they can construct a case against you that's too costly and time consuming to defend.

clouds4india

After you were called out on it. If nobody would have pointed it out you never would have contacted DigitalOcean. I still doubt that they gave you permission for something they paid someone else to design but I don't care enough to ask them myself.

Let's start out by saying that you were the one who bumped this thread and are the same person who is still doing the same shit over and over again. I had mostly forgotten about you until it popped back up. The main problem I have with you is the same problem I would have with any person who exhibited the same traits: you lie, steal and hide behind your age. 

I think you should also re-look your Facebook analogy. Mark Z didn't set up Facebook willy nilly, he was a very shrewd business man and alienated a lot of people being cold faced to get to where he is. You should actually watch the movie you're on about, The Social Network. While it's exaggerated, it'll show you that Facebook wasn't born of an accident.

It's nobodies fault but your own you entered the market without sufficient experience. You should have learned about it before hand or hired someone to do it for you.

You'll never be reputable until you change your ways rather than cover shit up when people call you out. Your fundamental business ethics are flawed.

Again, business is not understanding and forgiving. If I saw you walking down the street I wouldn't have a problem with you. You're not prospectively trying to charge me money then though.

What's harsher: my words or a lawsuit? Even in a case with little legal basis they can construct a case against you that's too costly and time consuming to defend.
Excuse me (YOU LIE YOU STEAL YOU HIDE BEHIND YOUR AGE ) 

I haven't had such reputation of LIE / STEAL I've been honest about every fact , As for money I havent charged someone and then turned them down if there was something like that you surely would've heard on LET.

On a second read , STEAL in the sense  you're pointing out about the images / policies in the past ? Well when did i lie about it ? I openly admitted that yes I 've doen it also mentioned a company's name.

souen

Like others, I suggested in an older thread at the other forum to get a qualified editor or native English speaker to review the site. Aside from the slightly awkward sentences, I could see (at a glance, not looking closely) 5 punctuation/grammatical errors on the front page and 1 spelling error in the AUP.

https://vpsraid.com/ (no www) directs to a "Client Portal" page with a warning that "the certificate does not match the expected identity of the site that it was retrieved from." 

I hope permission was obtained to use the current policy documents on the site. For example ...

Refund Policy:

http://www.comforthost.net/service-level-agreement.php

http://www.avenuehost.com/sla.php

Privacy Policy: http://ases.co/Portals/0/ASES%20-%20Privacy%20Policy.pdf

AUP: http://wcsnetwork.com/aup.php

However, your stance that it is an acceptable practice to copy large sections of other sites without requesting permission (or better yet, you could consider getting legal service to draft something suitable for your company) is enough of a turn-off. The lack of attention to detail also doesn't inspire confidence in this company's services.

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
So I was just poking around a bit on your site, but it seems I'm unable to order... Any thoughts on the matter?Rxifzgg.png

clouds4india

Like others, I suggested in an older thread at the other forum to get a qualified editor or native English speaker to review the site. Aside from the slightly awkward sentences, I could see (at a glance, not looking closely) 5 punctuation/grammatical errors on the front page and 1 spelling error in the AUP.

https://vpsraid.com/ (no www) directs to a "Client Portal" page with a warning that "the certificate does not match the expected identity of the site that it was retrieved from." 

I hope permission was obtained to use the current policy documents on the site. For example ...

Refund Policy:

http://www.comforthost.net/service-level-agreement.php

http://www.avenuehost.com/sla.php

Privacy Policy: http://ases.co/Portals/0/ASES%20-%20Privacy%20Policy.pdf

AUP: http://wcsnetwork.com/aup.php

However, your stance that it is an acceptable practice to copy large sections of other sites without requesting permission (or better yet, you could consider getting legal service to draft something suitable for your company) is enough of a turn-off. The lack of attention to detail also doesn't inspire confidence in this company's services.

thanks you mentioning i dont even know most of the sites from that as for the terms that are on my site were insisted by COO of comforthost ot be used since I am their reseller they have given full permission to display the same, the others sites you mentioned I haven never heard of them.

Thank you i hope that clarifies the part

amuck-landowner