amuck-landowner

The 2016 (USA) Presidential Election Thread

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 WW2 was indeed the last time the US appeared to come out on the winning side.  Been one embarrassment after another since then
It may also be because WW2 was the last war America helped to 'win' in a decisive or triumphalist sense. It's been a bit of a disaster since then, far as I can tell.

WHAT ABOUT OPERATION URGENT FURY??? YEAH, I'M TALKIN' ABOUT OUR GLORIOUS VICTORY IN GRENADA!!! WE WON THAT ONE FOR THE GIPPER IN 1983!!!!  THOSE MEDICAL STUDENTS ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!

OUR ALLIES LOVED THE INVASION TOO:

the invasion was highly criticized by the governments in Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United Kingdom. The United Nations General Assembly condemned it as "a flagrant violation of international law"[17] by a vote of 108 in favour to 9, with 27 abstentions.[18] The United Nations Security Council considered a similar resolution, which failed to pass when vetoed by the United States.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
WHAT ABOUT OPERATION URGENT FURY??? YEAH, I'M TALKIN' ABOUT OUR GLORIOUS VICTORY IN GRENADA!!! WE WON THAT ONE FOR THE GIPPER IN 1983!!!!  THOSE MEDICAL STUDENTS ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!

OUR ALLIES LOVED THE INVASION TOO:

Hahaha Grenada.  Canada was just upset since Ca and Gre nada are subtly close in name.  We are coming for those big headed moose.  

UN did what about that?  Nothing?  Had a hissy fit and called the Republicans dangerous German actors?  The rage of then resembles the rage of today.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

jarland

The ocean is digital
I don't ask for perfection from who we elect, I only ask that they be genuine and passionate. When they open their mouth, they should say what they mean, and they should mean what they say. Their record should match their words.

I can think of a candidate on both sides of the aisle that fit the bill for this. Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz. No matter which path you think is the path to success, be it left or right, these two men stand for what they say they stand for. That, in the end, is what matters to me.

Anyone but Hillary or Drumpf.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Everyone watching the insane leftists rioting in Chicago?  Entirely closed down Trump event.

I am all for people protesting.  What happened in Chicago though, heads should roll over.

clarity

This election is turning into a circus. We have the largest collection of duds in recent memory. Trump is bad. Clinton is bad. If you like money, Sanders is bad. The best thing that can happen at this point is for us to allow Obama to have a 3rd term until we can find some proper candidates.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This election is turning into a circus. We have the largest collection of duds in recent memory. Trump is bad. Clinton is bad. If you like money, Sanders is bad. The best thing that can happen at this point is for us to allow Obama to have a 3rd term until we can find some proper candidates.

Obama is bad, been bad.  No 3rd term, not allowed... No way...

Sanders did alright as mayor of Burlington.  But rest of his stay in public office has been meh, ineffective grandstanding.  

I like some of his schtick, just this hate of money is hoot... cause... that clown is pulling $156k~ salary, his wife is retired college president (assuming she got paid real good and collects retirement cashola) and they both collected north of $40k last year from social security.  Total income north of $200k...  Which puts them in like top I don't know what of all people globally but confidently say top 5%. Then from there, you'd think he would be all generous about giving away his own money right?  Shit dawg, that swank high roller gave something like $8,350 to charity according to his public numbers... which isn't a piss drop in a bucket.  So I say f*ck it, this cat is faking the funk. Time for him to stop being such a tightwad greedy ... yeah... 

$8350 vs. $200k strong of income is like 4.1% giving.  4.1% giving is moronic.  10% is standard tithing for church go'ers of steady income. Many people give quite a bit more by the time they contribute to civic, social, community, political, etc.  Why?  Cause it lowers tax bill.  Ship the funds to people and entities in your locality than shipping money to government afar that does nothing useful with it and arguably does more harm than good.  Same government TheBern loves / hates depending on when you are paying attention.

What's the IRS say about charitable giving?

Generally, you may deduct up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income, but 20 percent and 30 percent limitations apply in some cases

source: https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Charitable-Organizations/Charitable-Contribution-Deductions

And to thing, the out of touch Bezos owned Washington-rag Post said:

"[Sanders] reported relatively modest income last year"

Modest my a$$.  This cat is living high on the hog.  His wife got a golden parachute at point where she was basically fired as president of Burlington College, a cool $200k for being a screw up.

Seriously, for a guy that bashes the successful and says high taxes on $250k and above earners, tad ironic that his own life is in the neighborhood... And that he's personally worth at least $2 million... But all his assets are sitting in his second wifes name, not his.  Can you say structuring and hiding assets?  Probably for the best, cause as much as he talks about handing freebies out, perhaps when the dementia settles in, he'd get to being generous with his own scratch.

RosenHost

Terrible candidates on both sides. I do not even wanna talk about Trump. He is a waste of time. I start to think that he is a troll and trolling politics scene. As I said above, Clinton acts and talks like a republican. She is just another Bush on the democrat's side. I really liked her husband as a president. Bernie seems interesting but I guess he does not have that much of a chance 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Trump with the 5 state sweep tonight. Lyin' Cruz and Gee Golly Kasich had a rough night. Both mathematically impossible to receive the GOP nomination, but staying in it just to try to take votes away from Trump. Doesn't seem to be working.

Sanders very unlikely to win unless he BTFOs Clinton in every remaining state, which is very unlikely since he has no momentum and only one 1/5 states tonight. There are still seats left on the Trump train for any Sanders supporters who wish to ride it to the White House. :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am enjoying the political theater.

Glad people are rallying behind Trump now and shutting up the Republican party.  A ripoff at this point of Trump will spell the end of the Republican party..  They don't want that.

Sanders I feel for.  All those people giving their lunch money and weed money to him.  Such sacrifice, such sadness.

Hoping Trump finds a legit role for Sanders in his campaign.  But I see Sanders going along with the Democrat party and turning everything over to crooked Clinton.

amuck-landowner