amuck-landowner

The CC gang & shell companies

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
You can step on the scene and make accusations, but I know there are others like me who are tired of watching people get walked on and simply refuse to watch it. We will not allow simple ridicule to sway us. Maybe no one asked for my help, but this is who I am. Several others here I know feel the same.
It's even more depressing when you realize LowEndBox/LowEndTalk is mirrored and/or followed by many non-English-speaking web communities who began following it when it had a better reputation as a good source to find VPSs for their more...limited budgets, people without the extra disposable income to pick up a second or third VPS if they go with a bad company the first time.

jarland

The ocean is digital
It's even more depressing when you realize LowEndBox/LowEndTalk is mirrored and/or followed by many non-English-speaking web communities who began following it when it had a better reputation as a good source to find VPSs for their more...limited budgets, people without the extra disposable income to pick up a second or third VPS if they go with a bad company the first time.
I think about that a lot, and you know a lot of those people follow it because they don't have a lot of money and they see it as a means to opportunity. The context of taking advantage of them is quite saddening indeed. We've had our disagreements but you are one that I know actually cares about others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
So, technically, I don't care what they do until it really does affect me... Until then, it is what it is...

I'm sure the Polish and other European Jews thought the same of their unfortunate German/Austrian neighbors in the 40s.  And by the time it affected them.. hey, too late.

Sure, that's a very extreme example.  But if you decide not to have a personal stake in the issue - don't have one.  This is coming from someone that was directly affected by all of ChicagoCrossingVPS' lies - to the tune that they _still_ owe us 700$ in refunds from November that we'll likely never see.  That's not counting two pieces of hardware we purchased that were straight up stolen from us after they decided to claim that we paid full price on brand new units (power strip and KVM) to be 'leased' to us.  Nor counting the absolute shit service we had the past year - IPs randomly nulled with zero proof of abuse and refusal to remove the nulls until we kicked out a particular client; multiple outages that they had the gall of trying to blame us for when a tech's butterfingers was the fault;  absolutely rude and completely inexperienced "techs" that would "fix" problems by replying with 'No, that's not what we're seeing' and closing out the ticket.  A complete disregard for client privacy and confidentiality.

Doesn't affect you?  You're lucky.  If you don't do business with them?  Nothing you need concern yourself with in this thread - just keep walking.  Do have service, or are thinking of getting service with them?  These threads are honest reviews, and solid researchable fact.  If you choose to disregard because it "doesn't affect you", then by all means.  But when it finally does?  Don't look to us for sympathy.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Aldryic, with all due respect, I wouldn't look here for sympathy. If it would be a legal situation then I would take it up with the authorities and not post on forums except once about my issue and then leave it at that and let the authorities handle it from there. See, being from Louisiana, I have a different view on things I guess... But trust me.. I'm going about everything the best way I can and intend to fully handle any situation that arises. I was reluctant to get a server with them because of the issues that you guys all had. I bit the bullet and ordered one... I feel for you and your issues, but I would contact the authorities to handle it... These forums cannot get you anything back including the refunds... If I could get them back for you, I would, as well as any other member here. What I'm trying to say here is that this isn't the best avenue to take. If they're doing something illegal as many of you said they are, then report them. This forum cannot do anything except repost stuff and their findings.

Hell, I'm not saying stop investigating and letting people know... Start one thread and stick to it! Make it a sticky or something lol... I'm not affected by the crap one bit, but it gets old.. Sorta like people complaining about people with guns and wanting to block people from having guns... But, that one does affect me as I have guns, but it still gets old listening to it and hearing/reading it... Eh... Oh well I lost interest in this now... Good going people, especially texteditor who enjoys editing a quote to make it look like people said something that wasn't sait... lol

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll say it again...

This all matters because it's screwing up the marketplace, ruining perception of value, and swinging customers unfairly.

I know you are a provider XFS_Duke and I am certain sales are being drained from what likely is your superior service.  Drained at decision time where they choose one of the 20 Servermania offers or one of the many from other affiliated house companies.

The legal situation I've long held back on pursuing.  You know and I know stuff like this is abstract to lazy government types.  Government isn't known for policing and being proactive or even researching things.  It's always too little and too late.  Thus the common belief that it is easier to disregard and break the laws and later IF caught get a slap on the wrist and say sorry.

Beyond that, for all my barking and being mean, I truly am not interested in seeing even CC or Servermania lose their company and/or face legal actions.  But, at some point... Well... someone, even me may push the files across the desk.

Now there is this other issue XFS_Duke, you most certainly are being negatively impacted due to CC's much deserved reputation of being shady and dealing in questionable ways.  Educated buyers who do their research and see CC in the mix and who aren't buying purely on lowest cost may be ruling your company out due to CC network usage solely.

It's a matter of being judged by the company you keep.  I like you XFS_Duke and zero negativity being thrown at you.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
No worries Duke, and my apologies if I came across a bit harsh.  Aye, I agree fully that it does get tiresome to see the same junk over and over.. but when it's new info?  Just my opinion.. but even if annoying to me, I think it's worth it just to keep clients that do care about looking into a company from being uninformed.  When things aren't brought to light, that's when the Constantinos and Sals get free reign to rip off folks that wouldn't know any better.

jarland

The ocean is digital
No worries Duke, and my apologies if I came across a bit harsh. Aye, I agree fully that it does get tiresome to see the same junk over and over.. but when it's new info? Just my opinion.. but even if annoying to me, I think it's worth it just to keep clients that do care about looking into a company from being uninformed. When things aren't brought to light, that's when the Constantinos and Sals get free reign to rip off folks that wouldn't know any better.
Such is always the cycle of a civilization. Did you know parents are starting to refuse to vaccinate their kids in America? The reason they feel it's safe? Because the diseases aren't really around. Why aren't they around? Because of the vaccinations. Now we're seeing an increase in deaths by diseases we'd long since beaten.

When left to their own devices for too long a community, or any other culture of people, will eventually forget the events that led to the current state of things and they will shed off what they see as useless ritual and repeat the past. This appears to be human nature.

We're seeing it in action here. Why be paranoid when people are rarely being scammed? Except that our paranoia is what drove away most of the scammers. To think new ones won't arise in the absence of the paranoia is, at best, ignorant.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 our paranoia is what drove away most of the scammers. To think new ones won't arise in the absence of the paranoia is, at best, ignorant.
I  don't think we've driven the scammers out.  To point, summerhosts and outright hit and run types have been stomped, especially on this site.

The scamming though... Nah hasn't happened.

I mean look at the case in point.   You too can run 20 shell company offers on LEB....  Shack up in Buffalo and hide your whois data and do it with a domain with old registration (i.e. aged more than 1 year).

Question to you Jarland other folks like Ald and XFS_Duke... Your company shoes whois info, right?   Your company is incorporated, right?

That's the difference between real folks and this idiots and their endless shell companies.  

I said it before and will again, ServerMania's shells are beat.  They will do more rollouts of new companies with same old domain and hidden info.

Here's the next move though... Won't be out of CC location cause that's beat to death.  Next one is coming out of Phoenix.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There's no reason not to have public info when selling products like this.

Incorporation is minor cost, no real barrier.

All the folks I deal with for services have public WHOIS and certainly are incorporated :)

The rules for listings here and over there should mandate both.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
There's no reason not to have public info when selling products like this.

Incorporation is minor cost, no real barrier.

All the folks I deal with for services have public WHOIS and certainly are incorporated :)

The rules for listings here and over there should mandate both.
Yup and not to mention it provides additional benefits.

vRozenSch00n

Well, does it affect you? Does it affect anyone on here except the people that constantly bombard the forums with their "oh i hate CC because..." bullshit...? Probably not. If you have a company, do what I do, worry about running your company. If you have dirt on these people then bring it up to the authorities and let them handle it. Too many people on here watch too many detective shows now they think they're detectives...
I'm just an end user. Whenever I use a service, I expect to use a trustworthy provider. Trustworthy doesn't have to come from a big company or how long they have been in the business and trust is something a provider has to earn from their customer.

When I use my credit card, I expose and entrust my personal identity to the service provider. Shit happens and whenever a provider is breached and customers' data set is stolen, what user expect is a comforting resolution and assurance that it will not happen again.

It will hurt a user if a user had paid a service for a full year, and all of a sudden the service provider just vanish in the thin air. Not only the user lost his/her data, he/she loses money for the unused service, and waste time to rebuild and restore the backup to another service providers' machine.

It is natural when a big company channel its marketing venue through several smaller companies to offer various services and to reach various market segmentation, be it in a form of incorporated group of companies or in a form of a decentralized subsidiary.

The thing is when a big corporation denies its relation with their channels, especially when the channels are a typical pop and burst entities, while publicly available evidence does not say so, It's hard for a user to place any trust on a company like that.

It is better for such company to say something like "xdxdxd llc is one of our member of group/subsidiary, however we do not directly manage xdxdxd llc, therefore any legal matters should be directly addressed to xdxdxd llc" 

To wrap it up, as an end user I need to have a good information about a service provider that end user like me might use their service someday.

vRozenSch00n

No worries Duke, and my apologies if I came across a bit harsh.  Aye, I agree fully that it does get tiresome to see the same junk over and over.. but when it's new info?  Just my opinion.. but even if annoying to me, I think it's worth it just to keep clients that do care about looking into a company from being uninformed.  When things aren't brought to light, that's when the Constantinos and Sals get free reign to rip off folks that wouldn't know any better.
Constantinos is a perfect case that I had bad experience with.

peterw

Don't try to protect greedy dump people for themselfs. They are always present and always willing to spend money for bad services.

imperio

Pay with paypal and only monthly contracts if you are not sure about the provider.How can you be scammed this way ? Or you will lose $7 at most if paypal rejects your dispute.People on other countries shopping from low end market mostly takes this route i guess.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I pretty much stopped monthlies and only deal with totally seasoned and highly regarded companies --- like the quarterly and annual plans.

Heck I've even added big and what I'd deem expensive companies these days.   Buying less and less from the low cost  companies.

amuck-landowner