amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Iz might be a Choopa cuztumor too.   Gawd hope those mean boyz aren't tryin' to take me offline :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh, this is the proper one. If I find the other one, I'm gonna merge it with this.

akwduNF.png

Two more months until Spring.... Wish it'd hurry up.

raidz

Oh, this is the proper one. If I find the other one, I'm gonna merge it with this.

akwduNF.png

Two more months until Spring.... Wish it'd hurry up.
If I didn't have work obligations I would trade places with you for a week in a heartbeat. That looks awesome! 

AuroraZero

Rabble, rabble, rabble ...... rabble, rabble, rabble..... They tuk our jobs!!!!!!!!!!! rabble, rabble rabble......

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Unrelated: I miss having a proper washer/dryer.

KAvbnJ6.png

This is how I have to do my laundry... that or lug my stuff to the laundry mat which sucks.

So, wash in the tub in the 'wonder wash' and hand wring, dry on a rack. I need a wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
That... is one of the most ghetto things I've ever seen >_>
:)

I live in a tiny house, no room for a proper washer/dryer...

I also don't have a car (but I own a motorcyle)... too cold to walk to the laundry mat. I don't want to slip/fall on ice on my journey there while carrying 40lbs of clothes.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
If I didn't have work obligations I would trade places with you for a week in a heartbeat. That looks awesome! 
You'd think, but after a certain level of coldness all that snow stops being so fluffy and gets a sturdy icy film on top

AuroraZero

Unrelated: I miss having a proper washer/dryer.

KAvbnJ6.png

This is how I have to do my laundry... that or lug my stuff to the laundry mat which sucks.

So, wash in the tub in the 'wonder wash' and hand wring, dry on a rack. I need a wife.
Been here and done this my friend it no fun at all. I will extend my hand for you to use my washer and dryer just come to MI man.

:)

I live in a tiny house, no room for a proper washer/dryer...

I also don't have a car (but I own a motorcyle)... too cold to walk to the laundry mat. I don't want to slip/fall on ice on my journey there while carrying 40lbs of clothes.
Regrettably my bike had to be sold this last summer as I am no longer able to ride. I already miss it and wish I had a trike.

You'd think, but after a certain level of coldness all that snow stops being so fluffy and gets a sturdy icy film on top
They don't though they only get colder and deeper. Sucks ass sometimes.

Punjabi

Damn this thread got buried way too deep.

Didn't wanna open up a new thread for a small query, so posting it here instead.

Does SolusVM no longer display burst RAM in the panel? Also, I remember "free -m" used to return burstable RAM instead of guaranteed. Is it no longer the case?

I had ordered a VPS from some provider with 128MB RAM & 256MB burst. But neither does Solus or "free -m" gives any indication if it have any burst RAM or not. Given my limited knowledge of Linux I'm not sure if it is supposed to show burst RAM.

Code:
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           128         61         66          0          0         36
-/+ buffers/cache:         25        102
Swap:            0          0          0

Punjabi

Well the offer did mentioned 256 MB burst. Besides, there is no indication of vSwap either. It's an OpenVZ VPS by the way.

I have two other VPS which are supposed to come with burst RAM, so I checked those

Hostigation (512 MB guaranteed RAM with 1 GB burst), SolusVM shows correct burst RAM & so does the OS.

root@server:~# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1024 50 973 0 0 14
-/+ buffers/cache: 35 988
Swap: 0 0 0

root@server:~# uname -a
Linux server 2.6.32-042stab081.5 #1 SMP Mon Sep 30 16:52:24 MSK 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

DotVPS

Not sure if it's supposed to have any burst RAM, although offer thread did mentioned that depending on the node it will either have burst or vSwap? @Jack (ukvz3 node)

Code:
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:            32          9         22          0          0          6
-/+ buffers/cache:          3         28
Swap:            0          0          0

Linux server 2.6.32-042stab084.26 #1 SMP Mon Feb 17 21:00:14 MSK 2014 i686 GNU/Linux

Jack

DotVPS
Not sure if it's supposed to have any burst RAM, although offer thread did mentioned that depending on the node it will either have burst or vSwap? @Jack (ukvz3 node)

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 32 9 22 0 0 6
-/+ buffers/cache: 3 28
Swap: 0 0 0

Linux server 2.6.32-042stab084.26 #1 SMP Mon Feb 17 21:00:14 MSK 2014 i686 GNU/Linux

Open a ticket stating you want vSwap enabled thanks

Punjabi

Open a ticket stating you want vSwap enabled thanks
Will do, thanks.

I'm just trying to understand why I see no signs of burst RAM with my other provider, when I checked DotVPS, it didn't show either. So, I thought may be some SolusVM update is causing it to not show up in the panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner