amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Had a shit week, being on 24/7 call and had atleast one issue to handle every day this week so far. Can't wait for what tonight/tomorrow will have in its hands.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network. To continue with your YouTube experience, please enter the verification code below.
How often do you guys get this annoying thing? Funny thing is I'm not even connected via my VPN or a shared/proxy IP etc.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
How often do you guys get this annoying thing? Funny thing is I'm not even connected via my VPN or a shared/proxy IP etc.
I've never seen that, never.

Though when I use my VPN nearest to me, I always have to type in damn CAPTCHA codes like 70% of the time using Google. It's annoying, but the provider gave me multiple different IPs from different blocks and they've all been like that. But the VPN is good other than that. =/

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
QII1Mzn.png

"Your comment is awaiting moderation."

Either a spam feature because of all the URLs in my response or LEB trying to hide the truth by having my responses moderated now :p

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
QII1Mzn.png

"Your comment is awaiting moderation."

Either a spam feature because of all the URLs in my response or LEB trying to hide the truth by having my responses moderated now :p
Was "Your comment is awaiting moderation." Vidible when you posted the comment or after a while?

If it was visible immediately after posting then I "blame" Akismet for reacting on all the links.

If the comment was visible to the public and then went back into moderation queue then I would "blame" the team.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Was "Your comment is awaiting moderation." Vidible when you posted the comment or after a while?

If it was visible immediately after posting then I "blame" Akismet for reacting on all the links.

If the comment was visible to the public and then went back into moderation queue then I would "blame" the team.
Pretty sure it was the URLs / anti-spam feature.

Never had that happen to me before so wasn't for sure ;)

jcaleb

Congrats to my Russian friends. It is all Russian finals in FIDE World Cup with Kramnik taking the title

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Avatar, the damn software won't allow me to change/upload another.... I need some help Mann, I am clueless as to why.

I was going to upload my photo :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Avatar, the damn software won't allow me to change/upload another.... I need some help Mann, I am clueless as to why.

I was going to upload my photo :)
Yeah, thanks for the reminder. IPB sucks. Sending another ticket to them right now.

TheLinuxBug

Is it just me or since the topic about CCs routers being switches has the board been getting DDOS?  All the sudden my one route in choopa.net looks like its been completely dropped to vpsBoard which usually seems to happen when there is a DDOS going on here.  @Francisco any reason why certain routes from choopa.net would be dropped to here or is this indeed a DDOS?

Cheers!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Is it just me or since the topic about CCs routers being switches has the board been getting DDOS?  All the sudden my one route in choopa.net looks like its been completely dropped to vpsBoard which usually seems to happen when there is a DDOS going on here.  @Francisco any reason why certain routes from choopa.net would be dropped to here or is this indeed a DDOS?

Cheers!
Possibly. I just hit Fran up on Skype to ask.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I have no idea, I'll go ask CN in a few if there's logs of any floods :)

Ip's to get banned at times, though. Check in 10 - 15 minutes.

Francisco

amuck-landowner