amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
@wlanboy if you don't mind me asking, who is it that you're hiring for? (& why so cynical!?)

My employer is hireing. Cynical based on the last 7 job interviews I was part of. One canceling the interview 3 hours befor the regular start time, and the others not prepared for anything.
Not knowing anything about the company they want to work for or what they did - basically not knowing what they wrote in their own résumé.
Current stats: 2 appointed and 8 WTF out of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
Am I the only one who thinks that asking for money on Facebook is in really poor taste?
I didn't ask anyone for a hand-out when I set up my kit... but meh, I dunno, it just seems.... off.

AuroraZero

Am I the only one who thinks that asking for money on Facebook is in really poor taste?
I didn't ask anyone for a hand-out when I set up my kit... but meh, I dunno, it just seems.... off.

Not really I do not like the asking for money thing period. I get it that some organizations need donations and that is fine, but for individuals I am kind of put off about it. I don't have squat for money and could use more just to live on, but I am not going to ask for it. I will find another way to do it if I can. I spend vary sparingly on VPS, and have to watch my bills closely but my wife and I make out okay most of the time.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider

Not really I do not like the asking for money thing period. I get it that some organizations need donations and that is fine, but for individuals I am kind of put off about it. I don't have squat for money and could use more just to live on, but I am not going to ask for it. I will find another way to do it if I can. I spend vary sparingly on VPS, and have to watch my bills closely but my wife and I make out okay most of the time.
It's like this.  I had a coworker/friend at the Kroger Western NOC when I was there in my 20s... we'd hang out after work, drink coffee, go out for a beer or something.  Then I got promoted to a level 3 analyst, he was passed over but got his spot the second time around.  A few months later I got the job as a NOC manager for XpressBet and gave my notice.  Suddenly he stopped talking to me, we reconnected once, five years later. He had a kid and was trying to sell me insurance.  After that I never heard from him, until recently on FB when he started spamming out his GoFundMe/whatever URL so he could make a religious CD....just seemed kinda tacky.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
That reminds me... I wonder if my Horse Racing license is still good...?  :D

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Was nice to leak like that... self leak.

Who do we see in there...   I see Aaron Clint (Aim2Game),  Tony Pollard (Cheapwindowsvps)...

I see CVPS Reseller... which strikes me as damn strange, since the other house reseller HVH is clearly listed under Ernie's name...

The other screens leaked more ;)

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
True, but for me it's the bedroom.  Not a fan of hotel beds or imagining people who used to to conceive some demon spawn before I got anywhere near the thing.  

Camping ... that I get.  A couple years ago I spent three days at the Columbia River Gorge for a DMB concert and the next three days in the spa scrubbing off the soap from all the Clorox wipes I went through.  Guess I'm just not much of an outdoor geek..  I needs the central A/C  :D 

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
12003167_10206207563960494_3346132526734720492_n.jpg

amuck-landowner