amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
So much for that $3 / year VPS!

bc2fbfc410ffd32dad7a6d7a7a8d6c00.png

At least they didn't ask for a passport.

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Dunno, I just find it amusing when VPS Providers disallow 'proxies/VPNs' during sign-up (as if 'directly' connecting to the internet isn't already a proxy) ...but allow the VPS to be used as one? What is a VPS if not a proxy of sorts regardless of use?

"You can have this proxy of ours but only if you don't use one to acquire it."

Yeah, okay...

(Bonus points: I didn't even use a pseudonymous name or address... 'proxies' be damned)

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Ordering hosting via proxy is like going to the bank with a mask on your face, try and see how that works out for you.

I get you may want to hide your identity online, but some providers do not wish not knowing who you are since you'll be hosting materials on their network, possible illegal materials, for which they can be held accountable for... so yeah, not allowing signup via proxy makes a lot of sense.

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider
My hood.  Taken about an hour ago by one of the local photogs.

12068513_472237832953638_7097107818243495787_o.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yay, finally back home after 4 weeks of out of town job training. I start another 4 weeks of local job training on Tuesday. Good to be back home for good now and sleeping in my own home.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Ordering hosting via proxy is like going to the bank with a mask on your face, try and see how that works out for you.

I get you may want to hide your identity online, but some providers do not wish not knowing who you are since you'll be hosting materials on their network, possible illegal materials, for which they can be held accountable for... so yeah, not allowing signup via proxy makes a lot of sense.

Except I didn't hide or falsify my identity, that's what I found amusing about it. I used my name and connected through one of the business servers I rent with OVH (tied to my business address).

I doubt the support staff cared either, seemed more like mindless acquiescence to misfiring MaxMind algorithms. Bless the infallible fraud checking robot!

amuck-landowner