amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

TheLinuxBug

Ernie left CC last month?  Interesting.

Must have finally got tired of being the only competent one running things 24/7 and wanted a real paycheck.

I am only surprised it didn't happen sooner.

He was like the only one of the CC brands that didn't totally suck per my understanding, how long till that changes I wonder?

Cheers!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ehh...  CC's always the same.  They haven't changed much since the old times.  But it's not my problem to worry about then so the bottom question is.

Who cares? 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Must have finally got tired of being the only competent one running things 24/7 and wanted a real paycheck.

I am only surprised it didn't happen sooner.

He was like the only one of the CC brands that didn't totally suck per my understanding, how long till that changes I wonder?

Count me in on all of these sentiments.

I mean CC did dump every shit brand (CVPS, 123Systems, BlueVM, etc.) on his plate.   Hard enough running just one of those let alone all of them.  I suspect that probably heavily contributed to the departure.

Knowing CC, I can see them blowing a guy up like that, impossible work load, beating him up 7 days a week, chewing into his off time and doing so without any additional compensation.

As far as reputation,  Ernie was the only public / front person really with a decent public perception.  He seemed to try to do right for customers.  Others seemed to be prone to strong arm robbing customers and pissing them off when things went wrong.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I mean CC did dump every shit brand (CVPS, 123Systems, BlueVM, etc.) on his plate.   Hard enough running just one of those let alone all of them. 

...and Vortex Servers, so a total of 5 shit brands to rep.  Ernie's replacement (on WHT) is Nick the former owner of Vortex and long time lover of VPSBoard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geek

Technolojesus
Verified Provider

Seems legit.

13244678_1163757613634778_4472045655418258216_n.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Also, I'm still alive. Just incredibly busy. Going to become an instructor at work though, so that's awesome. Guess I'll be one of the new OC spray (pepper spray) instructors which will be fun. Bad news is I have to get sprayed to become an instructor. Don't need to be sprayed to carry it and be certified, only if  you're teaching. 

I've got some time off this coming week so I plan on spending some of it working on the site and getting caught up on some stuff. Ol' MannDude hasn't forgotten about y'all.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Also, I'm still alive. Just incredibly busy. Going to become an instructor at work though, so that's awesome. Guess I'll be one of the new OC spray (pepper spray) instructors which will be fun. Bad news is I have to get sprayed to become an instructor. Don't need to be sprayed to carry it and be certified, only if  you're teaching. 

I've got some time off this coming week so I plan on spending some of it working on the site and getting caught up on some stuff. Ol' MannDude hasn't forgotten about y'all.

Haha oh boy sounds like fun! /s

Best of luck mate!  Sounds like a ton of work on your already busy schedule haha.  I'm sure getting pepper sprayed isn't very good so best of luck on that as well! 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Jesus...that's the good stuff as well.

How long did it take to recover from that?

I spent a good five minutes under a facet trying to get the resin off my face and out of my eyes. After five minutes of trying to do that I was able to open my eyes for maybe 1 or 2 seconds max... lol.

I ran in front of a fan and pried my eyes open and it was like instant relief. A few minutes in front of a fan and the burning on my face and eyes went down a lot. Ten minutes standing in front of a fan, blowing my nose, and patting my face down with paper towels and I was pretty much good to go.

Then I second dose when deploying my OC later that day. The canister was just about empty so when I deployed it instead of a nice, heavy, direct stream I got a mist... like spraying hair spray. And the wind blew that mist right back into my face and eyes. That put me out for a good 5-10 minutes, lol.

clarity

Then I second dose when deploying my OC later that day. The canister was just about empty so when I deployed it instead of a nice, heavy, direct stream I got a mist... like spraying hair spray. And the wind blew that mist right back into my face and eyes. That put me out for a good 5-10 minutes, lol.

You did it twice? I know nothing about training for this stuff, but you are braver than me. I am not sure I could muster ever doing it once even on accident. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
You did it twice? I know nothing about training for this stuff, but you are braver than me. I am not sure I could muster ever doing it once even on accident. 

I got sprayed once as a requirement to become an OC instructor for the department. We also had to spray a mannequin dummy as part of the course as well, and in doing that, my OC canister just shot out a mist since it was near empty and it all blew back in my face. That was the second time that day I was rendered useless and blind by it, though it wasn't as bad as the first time, it still really really sucked... haha.

amuck-landowner