amuck-landowner

The gun thread

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
So I went to a Gun Show today.

Right as I walked in the door I seen someone selling this: gIccyyA.jpg

I was like wow that is a tiny gun. The guy says ill take $100 for it... SOLD!

I also bought a bunch of ammo for the .380 and the .45 ACP I already have a bunch of .40 S&W since I have an "assault rifle" that takes it and another .40 pistol.

Others in my collections:

CXqGSTT.jpg

tftv01W.jpg

Edit: There used to be some Hi-points here but ya no-one wants to see that.

Last edited:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Jemminez and two Hight Points?

People talk shit on High Points but they're cheap, made in the USA, and come with a lifetime warranty that can't be beat. Would I trust my life to one? I don't know, but I sure would love to spend time at a range to one!

Funny you posted this today because I hit up my local gun shop today to look at some XDS-9s but their price was about $50 over retail... So I played with the S&W Shield 9mm, really liked the feel of it. Price was spot on, too. Ruger LC9, meh, wasn't a huge fan even though I've already got an old Ruger pistol that I love... I wanted something more practical for daily carry than my S&W 4566, it's a great gun that will eat any ammo and has never had an issue with at the range. Easy to conceal in the winter time with heavy clothes but I wanted something... different, smaller. I was going to get the S&W shield because I love S&W but then I spotted a Khar CM9 in the case.

Khar is American made, well reviewed guns that don't get a whole lot of attention. They're double action only, no external safety (best safety is between your ears anyways)... and well, I'm taking her out to some family property in a little bit to shoot at the dirt to test fire it. I love the long, smooth trigger pull it has when dry firing it. Much smoother than my Smith and I thought it was butter.

I don't want to post photos of my other pieces, some have seen them who have expressed interest and aren't anti-gun. Miller, I hope you know you just opened a can of worms with this thread. Queue the anti-gun comments... now.

Funny, my Mom was very anti-gun, wouldn't want to be in the same room with an unloaded pistol. Well, last week she got herself a nice Sig .380. My step-father has been teaching her a bit about firearms, and she's used his Colt 1911 a little bit now and I'm proud that she has one now and knows how to properly use one. Can't wait to go out there and have her show me what she got herself. :)

Queue the hate.

EDIT: Honestly, all it takes is one 50 round box of ammo to turn someone who doesn't like guns into someone who enjoys the hobby. Take your anti-gun buddy to a range, buy the ammo for them, and watch them go from scared, flenching and shaking with every trigger pull to a enjoyable smile as they put holes in paper targets, bottles, whatever. I think everyone should know how to properly use a firearm, but that's just me. I'm hoping this year I will get to spend more time at the range and work on getting better groupings. I'd competition shoot if I could, but too much time and too much money needs to be invested in getting good enough and having a dialed setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Jemminez and two Hight Points?

People talk shit on High Points but they're cheap, made in the USA, and come with a lifetime warranty that can't be beat.
Yeah the Top one is a Jimenez. I do like Hi-points, my .40 assault rifle is a HI Point and i've never had an issue with it after shooting 1,000+ round through it. I have a friend that has a Hi-Point 9mm which he loves. But i've never owned a pistol made by Hi-Point before i've herd bad things and really good things about them but so far my experience has been good. 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
I don't want to post photos of my other pieces, some have seen them who have expressed interest and aren't anti-gun. Miller, I hope you know you just opened a can of worms with this thread. Queue the anti-gun comments... now.
I agree it's funny to watch the Anti-Gun people freak out. 

Cued... Guns are stupid.
You're stupid! ;)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
And yes, I do agree the world would be 'better' if no guns, anywhere, ever, existed. For me, for you, for the police man or for the soldiers or the dude jackin' the 7/11 or pistol whipping you when you stop at a stop light in a city. But that's not the world we live in, they exist. Best know how to use one.

trewq

Verified Provider
You guys would hate it here. Guns are so heavily controlled we can't even have paintball.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh leave it to the UK revelers.

Hey mate, let's go to the pub... and then.. knives and bats...  Sure less of that than shootings in the US...

Same country that is doing what to people that actually defend themselves when being mugged?   Charging people for fighting back supposedly.

Yeah guns suck.   Don't come bothering me and mine and  you won't see what the bullets look like.

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers of the US used GUNS to kick the 'Brits asses...   UK leadership has a reason to hate guns.... might get them toppled.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Gun shows are worse than guns themselves, if only for the inevitable vendors hocking Nazi memorabilia "for historical purposes" and the dudes selling hardback copies of The Turner Diaries and prepper literature

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers of the US used GUNS to kick the 'Brits asses...   UK leadership has a reason to hate guns.... might get them toppled.
also to keep the slaves in line

texteditor

So I went to a Gun Show today.

Right as I walked in the door I seen someone selling this: gIccyyA.jpg

I was like wow that is a tiny gun. The guy says ill take $100 for it... SOLD! 
damn, what's with that clip, did the previous owner have corrosive palm sweat?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Oh leave it to the UK revelers.

Hey mate, let's go to the pub... and then.. knives and bats... Sure less of that than shootings in the US...

Same country that is doing what to people that actually defend themselves when being mugged? Charging people for fighting back supposedly.

Yeah guns suck. Don't come bothering me and mine and you won't see what the bullets look like.

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers of the US used GUNS to kick the 'Brits asses... UK leadership has a reason to hate guns.... might get them toppled.
I think you'll find that your 'founding fathers' were Brita, moreover, the important individuals who shaped your country, constitution and political systems were Scots.

UK leadership hates guns for the same reason the rest of the UK hates guns - there is no need for them. Real men don't need guns to feel safe either. It's an oxymoron perpetuated by morons. My opinion..and one shared by many across the globe.

texteditor

But that's not the world we live in, they exist. Best know how to use one.
Yeah but unless you have the perfect marksmanship of John McClane from Die Hard or live alone and completely isolated from society in the woods, you are certainly gonna cause collateral damage. Trained soldiers and police officers regularly injure/kill third parties in the vicinity of a firefight, sometimes even each other, you are deluded if you think the Average Joe would be more calm and collected than them.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
also to keep the slaves in line
Early gun RESTRICTION laws in the US were used to disarm newly freed slaves.  

UK leadership hates guns for the same reason the rest of the UK hates guns - there is no need for them. Real men don't need guns to feel safe either. It's an oxymoron perpetuated by morons. My opinion..and one shared by many across the globe.
No need for them - guns :) Really... Did your country also do away with your military, missiles, nuclear weapons, etc.?    I mean those seem much  more savage, ahem unanti-hu-manlyity.

Real men don't need guns?  Who said men?  Shouldn't  it be real people don't need guns?  Gender and guns is always amusing, because traditionally men were defenders of their families, did the hunting, etc.  Today plenty of women carry guns and should.

So, in those peaceful utopias when someone smacks you in the head or knifes you for the new i-Jamahicky, what do you do?  Yell Bobby! and hope he gets flanked with a whoopie cushion?

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
damn, what's with that clip, did the previous owner have corrosive palm sweat?
I didn't notice that till you pointed it out. When looking at it in person you don't see it at all but when you look at it in a picture you can. Weird. I'll clean it and put some gun oil on it. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah but unless you have the perfect marksmanship of John McClane from Die Hard or live alone and completely isolated from society in the woods, you are certainly gonna cause collateral damage. Trained soldiers and police officers regularly injure/kill third parties in the vicinity of a firefight, sometimes even each other, you are deluded if you think the Average Joe would be more calm and collected than them.
Cops have laughably lax requirements for firearm use. I go to the range and shoot more than what is required for a police officer for their training.. Most recreational shooters do...

amuck-landowner